Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (145) Pisces♓️
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for a new book to read. I like socio-critical stuff, history-, fantasy-, and distopian novels. Maybe you have a recommendation, especially for an INFJ 6w5 sp/so?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Good idea, I'm interested in the above as well. Although I accept personal development stuff also. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Reactions: Varyafiriel

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (145) Pisces♓️
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, that's a great suggestion! Thanks for that.

Reactions: Glassland

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd be a fool for not suggesting "one flew over the cuckoo's nest". You can't get more socio-critical than that, and it's got fantastic humor and characters to boot.

Reactions: FreeKekistan

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I was trying to think of a good literary book with deep symbolism and Beloved by Toni Morrison came to mind. It mixes history with fantasy in a meaningful way, and is a really interesting look at the psychological impact of slavery, as well as some societal things. It's a twentieth century novel so it isn't quite historically accurate, but I think it's a significant work on slavery nonetheless.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Have you tried Brave new world? or Fahrenheit 451?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fevre Dream by George R R Martin. Fantasy elements, character development, some history. Very INFJ-friendly writing style.

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts
I liked White Noise by Don DeLillo. :proud:
Seconded.

Have you checked out Alan Moore's work? V for Vendetta, Watchmen, From Hell, Swamp Thing, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you haven't read them: 1984, Animal Farm, Logan's Run, Lord of the Flies.

I always also like to suggest The Stand (if you have the time) and Flowers For Algernon. They might not fit in perfectly with the genres you listed, but they're two of my very favorites.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i'm currently reading Tipping points by Malcolm Gladwell, man what a writer, not fiction but great social insights anything by him is worth reading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts