Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been pretty down about some stuff and I realized how easy it was to put a smile on my face!
I was with a good friend at a party and she asked me how I was doing, though I had difficulty conveying myself.
She looked me in the eye (as I was rambling) and said, "I know exactly how you're feeling right now" and it was very comforting, because I know she does. I ended up having my spirit lifted for the remainder of the night haha :)

I find small things can make me incredibly happy, so what simple acts or things make other you guys happy?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wouldn't call what your friend gave you anything small, for us to be understood and heard in any way at all is a huge deal.

I'm all for making a huge deal out of these situations because then you get to share a huge chunk of how much they mean to you, with them in that moment.

I'm really enjoy sharing positive feelings, quirks and words of appreciation, it moves me deeply in a positive way to be able to reach out to others.

Something small that makes me happy would be things like watching the leaves, listening to them, touching them, sitting in silence, touching objects to feel their texture/energy, staring at the sky, watching people walk by, pouring water etc. the list will just keep getting longer the longer I've had to live life.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Helping strangers, e. g:

- giving directions at the train station,
- when it rains rush to someone without an umbrella and offer him / her a spot under mine (as far as iam able to, im very short : P )

Stuff like that. I think you can say, everything that breaks the daily routine in a positive way makes me happy.

~ Jekkt

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I recently realized that in order to get going and be energized and enthusiastic at the early start of undoubtedly busy day, I can either:

1. get some good coffee, or

2. talk even a little with someone whose eyes just feel like they light up my whole day

edit: a few more little things:

having doors opened for me
my Teatro alla Scala mug
getting even a little more dressed up than usual
those clicking moments with designs
when the temperature and everything is just right when you wake up and you feel like you're just melting away into your sheets
being told I'm beautiful or my outfit is nice and things like that
those mornings when my hair just turns out really nicely, who knows why!!
fingers methodically clicking keys
freshly washed towels
when I realize at the end of a lecture that my handwriting was especially nice that day and I can enjoy looking over my notes
really fine pens
matching things, even like using a green pen if I'm wearing green earrings, lol

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Stepping into the yard and seeing a newly bloomed rose
When a butterfly comes fluttering into the yard
Watching my kittens purr contentedly
A leaping, exuberant piece by Mozart
Feeling the wind against my face
Catching the scent of my night-blooming jasmine as I walk past it

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I woke up early yesterday (7am) and decided to have my morning coffee in the garden since it was sunny and warm outside.
As I was enjoying that time my little girl joined me. She sat down next to me and lied her head on my shoulder, it felt awesome!
After a while she said it was nice enough to take a walk. We walked and talked (I did the listening for the most part)
We ended up at the beach improvising some yoga before we came back.
It was one of the happiest mornings I've had in quite a while :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Walking past a stranger who smiles & says hello.
Getting a text from someone I haven't heard from in a while who asks how am I because they've been thinking about me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts