Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What I mean is, what do you think is the best personality type and what is the worst to be friends with?

Obviously it's subjective- each person will think differently- but I'm really interested as my own views are probably biased.

If you want to list what you think is the best type and the worst type, or all the types in order (with top being best), anything is fine.

[edit] I meant, what personality type would you like most in a person.

eg: if you like someone who is no-nonsense, you might like ENTJs or INTJs.

if you like someone who empathises with you, you might prefer ESFJs or ENFPs.

if you like someone who is fun to be around, you might prefer INFJs or ENFJs.

and vice-versa: which types do you feel that you don't get along with? [/edit]

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I agree with Reborn. None of the types are superior, each just tend to be better at a specific thing than others. Without some agreed-upon definition of "better," it'd be hard to answer the question without sounding typist. It's like, ESTJs tend to be better in the business world, but INFJs tend to be better interpersonally.

(I use "tend" a lot for a purpose, by the way :tongue:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about that... I'll clear up what I meant in the first post.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I get along well with ESFJs, ESFPs, ISFJs, ISFPs, INFPs and ENFPs best.
I don't get along that great with ISTPs. I know one and she's arrogant, cocky and pushy..But obviously that doesn't apply to all ISTPs so IDK.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
i'm sure there have been a few of these already..

btw you can't be "in between" ENFJ and ESFJ. they may be split by one letter but that represents their secondary function and the second function of either type is the second weakest function of the other type meaning that there is no way you can be on a "dividing line" between the two.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm sure there have been a few of these already..

btw you can't be "in between" ENFJ and ESFJ. they may be split by one letter but that represents their secondary function and the second function of either type is the second weakest function of the other type meaning that there is no way you can be on a "dividing line" between the two.
maybe, but I have most characteristics from both of them, and whenever I take the test it comes out half the time as ESFJ and half the time as ENFJ. When I take the test with the line things, it tells me I'm pretty much half S and half N, so that's why I put half and half. I see your point though... maybe I just keep changing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tend to get along with assholes, i find them hilarious. they say what i think, but wouldn't say out of fear of hurting someone's feelings.

So which type do you think yields the most assholes? 'cause thats the one i prefer

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
maybe, but I have most characteristics from both of them, and whenever I take the test it comes out half the time as ESFJ and half the time as ENFJ. When I take the test with the line things, it tells me I'm pretty much half S and half N, so that's why I put half and half. I see your point though... maybe I just keep changing.
Study cognitive functions. That information is available on this site and elsewhere.
ESFJ= Fe>Si>Ne>Ti
ENFJ= Fe>Ni>Se>Ti

Note the difference between them, Si>Ne (introverted sensing and extroverted intuition) vs. Ni>Se (introverted intuition and extroverted sensing). If you are "in between" ESFJ and ENFJ, then you probably use both your sensing and intuitive functions fairly well. As you study the functions, pay special attention to the perceiving functions Si, Ni, Ne and Se. Decide which you identify with more, Si>Ne or Ni>Se, and that will help determine your type.

·
Registered
92 Posts
'I agree with Reborn. None of the types are superior, each just tend to be better at a specific thing than others. Without some agreed-upon definition of "better," it'd be hard to answer the question without sounding typist.'

^ That pretty much, but I'll play along and answer the question. Personally I think there should be a co-dominance between INFPs and INTPs :D would be just great! of course I dont' think much would get done but pffts who needs to get things done anyhow?? :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts