Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this question from my INFP Twitter followers and this is what they answered:

infpblog.tumblr.com/post/384575015/what-song-represents-you-at-this-moment-in-your-life

If I had to pick one song that said, this is my life right now, it would be Life Is A Song by Patrick Park

[video=youtube;dt1LHcKMcNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1LHcKMcNs"][/url][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1LHcKMcNs"[/video]

What would your song be? What song represents you at this moment in your life?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I Hope You Dance by Leanne Womack (?) and Don't Look Back by Boston...I've mentioned this before somewhere else on PC

I Hope You Dance means to me that I need to conquer my fears and tackle my obstacles...that's what I'm doing! Each and every fear I have is there specifically for me to overcome it...I no longer run and hide and freak out because I'm not neurotic anymore. My life is to be free and have fun

Don't Look Back --and I believe songs can have many personal interpretations for everyone--to me is about coming into a new light in life...which I have. I've learned more about myself and I know how to move forward from here to get what i want. I see the world for what it really is...and I can explore every place on earth I want to...I can go anywhere and everywhere in life i want to. And I don't need to look back on the darkness that surrounded all these paths in the past
It's anew life and a new way of looking at life for me
Any problems I have, I feel confident I can get past them

Sorry for the detail...I'm just passionate xD
And i talk too much hehe

·
Registered
365 Posts
If I had to pick a song that is my life right now it would be Nonpareil of Favor, by Of Montreal:

The song is perfect, because not only is it a love song that captures the feeling of my romantic life right now ("it's like, hey, you were always there just on the tip of my tongue," "wake up, young dragon, let's go get compromised!") but it is also a song about an alter ego taking over, and I'm going through a creative transformation right now.

Fun question, INFPblog. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
i love so much music i cannot possibly pin down a single song. right now, it's probably the entire cannon of Townes Van Zandt, Rowland S. Howard, Raw Power by Iggy Pop (the whole album), some random Eva Cassidy and the preludes of Claude Debussy

·
Premium Member
15,150 Posts
I am getting ready to cook for the next two days (for Easter), so this is the first song that came to mind this morning. This represents me right now in my Life:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I want to go beyond all limits represents what I'm thinking about right now. So at the moment this song.

·
Registered
559 Posts

I've been looking back on everything in my life, doing my usual overthinking bit, and I've realised how messed up its been, and I'm wondering; Where the hell do I go from here?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been planting a garden for years, just haven't realized it. I may be interpreting this song the wrong way..but my interpretation makes sense to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I'm feeling very happy today, and this is just such a happy and silly song :laughing:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been planting a garden for years, just haven't realized it. I may be interpreting this song the wrong way..but my interpretation makes sense to me.

[youtube - tallest man on earth - the gardner]
LOVE that song...tallest man on earth is one of my favorites.

"we have always known that we could do anything"

also the quality of the music is just ME - all me. it's like a fountain - a burbley one, not a huge decorative one. but underneath that is a perfectly still lake that you can hear if you pay attention. and that's like me too.
and it sounds like spring, like yellow-green and periwinkle blue.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

On bended knee is no way to be free
lifting up an empty cup I ask silently
that all my destinations will accept the one that's me
so I can breath​

Circles they grow and they swallow people whole
half their lives they say goodnight to wive's they'll never know
got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul
so it goes...​

Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Holding me like gravity are places that pull
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
It would be you...​

Everyone I come across in cages they bought
they think of me and my wandering
but I'm never what they thought
got my indignation but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...​

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
underneath my being is a road that disappeared
late at night I hear the trees
they're singing with the dead
overhead...​

Leave it to me as I find a way to be
consider me a satelite for ever orbiting
I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me
guaranteed...​

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've considered "Television" by Stabbing Westward to be my theme song for over 10 years.

Ever since my mid-teens, I've been struggling to understand people and why society has been built the way it is. I've reached a point today where I understand it on a logical level, but I still can't relate emotionally. I understand how historical circumstance has lead to the way things are, and I understand logically the manipulations and cultural attitudes that hold the world on course through its downward spiral. What I can't understand is why so few people are struggling as hard as I am to figure things out. It feels like almost nobody truly values life, be it their own or anyone else's. I feel like I'm lost in a world where nothing matters and no one cares.

More recently, "Open Your Eyes" by the Guano Apes has felt like it represents my current internal conflicts. It seems to be warning me against trapping myself in my own head too much, where ego builds up and mixes with excess intellectualism to become an unhealthy silent angst. I'm kind of stuck in life right now and I'm in a habit of over-analyzing everything and convincing myself that I don't have any options. I really just need to break out and do something, even if it's painful... beat that machine that works in my head. A whole lot of good it does me, when I'm just killing myself trying to analyze the concept of not over-analyzing :confused:... this song was so written just for me.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts