Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Seems random, but I'd like to know if any songs exist that could describe ISTJs.
Not directly. Songs tend to describe moods, emotions, and feelings, which makes them appealing to any individual or type that is experiencing or has experienced similar. Hence the plethora of songs dealing with love in all of its forms.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've gone through the massive bank of music in my head and I can't seem to find anything, but then again I'm not looking very hard. I do love Sarah McLachlan though, that's a good one.

Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at all, it's worth mentioning that I've always held a fondness for the techno remix of They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My friend thinks Bruno Mars' 'You can count on me' describes me. TBH that song annoys me.

It is very difficult to find a song that describes an ISTJ. Rather, what would be more interesting would be to find out the songs ISTJs listen to. The reason I believe this is because to be an ISTJ is an intensely personal and subjective experience. Our Si is the information we take in (ie the music we hear) and that has meaning for us that we cannot really explain to others nor if we did would they understand - fully. Si is very 'emotional'. When I listen to a certain song it evokes a host of memories, experiences and emotions that go along with those and I am transported into another place in my own world. To have a song that described an ISTJ just wouldn't do us justice. There is so much more going on in the inside of us that what is objectively perceived from the outside.

An analogy would be like presenting to me a chocolate cake - you just see a cake with icing; when in fact the cake is a blackforrest with layers of cherry, cream kirsh and asking what a song would describe the outside of the cake. Wouldn't it be better to delve into the cake and eat it?

I enjoy a variety of music; some examples of recent music I've liked..

·
Registered
254 Posts
The first artist I thought of was Johnny Cash. When being stubborn I`ll bet ISTJs won`t back down.
"I Won't Back Down" is a good one, though it could easily describe my INFP husband just as well as me.

I like "I Walk the Line." I think it describes how ISTJs feel about their relationships.

·
Registered
313 Posts

"I can hold space while you see what your heart has to say about me,
I acknowledge you for what you do to keep strong,
There's no dotted line to sign away your freedom,
I'll always stand beside you, don't get me wrong,
I don't ask for much, just be honest with me"

I'm not sure how accurate that is to describe ISTJs, although the line 'I don't ask for much, just be honest with me', rings true for both him and me. As @niss said, songs generally convey personal feelings so it's hard to describe an ISTJ through a song. I do have a playlist of songs that remind me of my ISTJ though--but those convey how I feel about him as a person and not his personality type...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts