Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
For songs, it usually depend largely on nostalgia. If the song is connected to a positive memory of the past.
For example, I loved to play this game when I was younger, thus, when I hear the opening theme, I feel something:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Basically, I feel nothing at all (<<understatement) but want to. Recommend any?
And just because you didn't specify what kind of feels you want, here's some that may spark your anger or annoyance :tongue:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU (and yes, I counted, there are 6 "really" in there per time when she sings it).

BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ooo i know some annoying songs

(actually this is just plain nostalgic) Also epileptic trigger warning, lots of flashing images.

(NSFW)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ooo i know some annoying songs
OH GOD! I ALWAYS hear this song when I'm walking down the street and some poser wannabe blast this song at the top of the volume in his car with all the windows rolled down. Now I actually know the name of the artist and the music video *head desk*

·
Registered
116 Posts
OH GOD! I ALWAYS hear this song when I'm walking down the street and some poser wannabe blast this song at the top of the volume in his car with all the windows rolled down. Now I actually know the name of the artist and the music video *head desk*
baking soda???????????????????????????

·
Registered
288 Posts

I mean... the girls in this video make me pretty damn emotional. :th_love:

Kid Ink and his ISTPness getting all the women. Pshhhh.... :th_sur:

·
Registered
639 Posts
It depends. Like the guy said, music usually wakes emotions in me if it's connected to a memory (either good or bad) so it makes me go into a nostalgic/past-reflective state. Which usually happens most of the time (Ti+Si loop), only it's not affected by any "feeling". I listen to a ton of different stuff that I used to hear some years ago, but it's some kind of never ending cycle. Maybe some years from now, I'll listen to something I used to listen to, and get "emotional" again.

Anyway, this is some stuff I used to listen some years ago, which involve good and bad memories.

All indie rock, yes.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

Definitely one of my favorite songs ever, but that's largely because of where I was when I heard it and what I was feeling then. Emotions from songs are almost always tied to memories for me, so it's not so easy to impart those with the song alone. Compositionally and lyrically, this song probably isn't bad for that though.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I mean... the girls in this video make me pretty damn emotional. :th_love:

Kid Ink and his ISTPness getting all the women. Pshhhh.... :th_sur:
That Kid Ink video sounds EXACTLY like the combination of his other two music videos.

·
Registered
961 Posts
This song made my eyes tear up when I first heard it. Everything about it is just so raw.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That Kid Ink video sounds EXACTLY like the combination of his other two music videos.

Yeah. I like that sound, though. Artists typically have a familiar sound with a few songs (that way their music sells better), until they move onto something different.

Anyway, to answer OP's question - I have accepted the fact that my feelings are typically superficial. They come out in quick bursts, very passionate, but very short lived. The rest is just my Ti sorting through all of it to try to understand it.

I like music like this because I don't feel like I have to try so fucking hard. Like, listen to arrival of the birds or something by daughter and cry your eyes out sure... but why would you want to force something like that? Idk... that's just me.

·
Banned
790 Posts

Pacific Coast Highway - Hole

That got to me recently.

High - Zella Day

Reactions: forgotten reason

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Oh! I like that song from ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D. They came to where I lived a year ago, but I couldn't attend!
This year Back-On is coming, so I'm looking forward to that :happy:

Reactions: Pupazzo
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.