Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This music thread is going to be a little different from the others. Instead of making a list of songs and genres you love, ENFPs, I would like for you to go deeper than that, and try to analyze what drives you to listen to what you enjoy listening to...what are ENFPs looking for in music? Why do you like to listen to what you do?

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
This music thread is going to be a little different from the others. Instead of making a list of songs and genres you love, ENFPs, I would like for you to go deeper than that, and try to analyze what drives you to listen to what you enjoy listening to...what are ENFPs looking for in music? Why do you like to listen to what you do?
Well, I tend to listen to mostly Trance, house, electronica, dance, euro-dance, techno, happy hard-core, hard trance etc. Plus I like old school R&B. A little rock & indie. And some pop. There are other genres that I listen to but not at that great of an extent. I think I listen to mostly electronic/dance because it reflects my ENFP nature, i.e: high energy, complex beats, deep and/or simple lyrics. I get into other "moods" when I listen to other songs. What about you, XXXX?:cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I love listening to jazz, funk, classical, and alternative rock for the most part. Some tribal world slips in there from time to time.

I like it because it is almost never on the radio, and even the rock I listen to is fairly esoteric in at least one sense or another. I'm more concerned about the depth and composition of the music than anything else, and those genres really provide that for me.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My favourites would be jazz, jazzy hip-hop, trip-hop and various downtempo electronic, canadian indie (i.e. big band), post-hardcore punk, and some select grunge/alternative acts.

On the other side of the coin, I'm not so much into classic rock (unless it's made danceable), country or folk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I tend to listen to mostly Trance, house, electronica, dance, euro-dance, techno, happy hard-core, hard trance etc. Plus I like old school R&B. A little rock & indie. And some pop. There are other genres that I listen to but not at that great of an extent. I think I listen to mostly electronic/dance because it reflects my ENFP nature, i.e: high energy, complex beats, deep and/or simple lyrics. I get into other "moods" when I listen to other songs. What about you, XXXX?:cool:
You are AWESOME. I enjoy listening to all those genres (with the exception of the kind of trance that takes away the beat for most of the duration of the song, leaving your arms flailing in the air for a good 5 minutes)

Have you ever listened to Gabber? It's kind of a speedier version of hard trance, and a more sinister version of happy hardcore. I listen to it whenever I'm looking to increase my energy levels.

I also enjoy techno, dubstep, french house, electro-house, hip-house, acid house, acid trance, psychedelic trance/goa, and many other electronic music genres...including downtempo, when I'm looking to relax.

I also enjoy alternative rock (as long as it isn't too typical), some mainstream pop/hip-hop music, old school hip-hop, and...pretty much anything except for country, really. I've tried so hard to get myself to tolerate it...just doesn't happen :confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
My iPod is full of a ton of different groups, styles, etc, so when I do go looking for something it's either a good "beat" to work to, or a sad country song to cry to, etc.

I find that I pick songs for either the lyrics OR the music/beat, very seldom do I pick them for both. Even within the same artist, say something like U2, I will like one song for the sound of the guitar, then the next will be for a favorite lyric.

Dance or remixes are 99% for the beat or the re-mixing style. I can get passed a like of crap lyrics if it has a good beat or sound.

I like fast dance beats for when I'm driving at highway speeds, but country music when I cruising around town. Classical, Reggae, Oldies, etc all have their special times or moods.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Me I like EDM the most especially hardstyle,harddance,trance and hard trance house and dubstep.I love them because of the high energy heart pumping bass and cool dances. I also like alternative,metal, and most genres of rock. I'm not to fond if rap hip hop or r&b because they tend to degrade women,sing about money and extensive drug use.

Reactions: GoldenDawn and XXXX

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Rock, Alternative, Pop Punk, Indie Rock/Pop, Neo Folk (Pop Folk and Folk Rock), some Hip Hop/Rap, Techno, and basically any music that sounds good to me. I am quite a sucker for passionate or emotional or angsty or wistful themes in music, haha. I have very varied tastes, but it's obvious where my heart's at.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
You are AWESOME. I enjoy listening to all those genres (with the exception of the kind of trance that takes away the beat for most of the duration of the song, leaving your arms flailing in the air for a good 5 minutes)

Have you ever listened to Gabber? It's kind of a speedier version of hard trance, and a more sinister version of happy hardcore. I listen to it whenever I'm looking to increase my energy levels.

I also enjoy techno, dubstep, french house, electro-house, hip-house, acid house, acid trance, psychedelic trance/goa, and many other electronic music genres...including downtempo, when I'm looking to relax.

I also enjoy alternative rock (as long as it isn't too typical), some mainstream pop/hip-hop music, old school hip-hop, and...pretty much anything except for country, really. I've tried so hard to get myself to tolerate it...just doesn't happen :confused:
Dude, you're AWESOME as well. I'll look at your recommendation. Have you ever heard of Oceanlab? Their pretty cool. They made a song called "Satellite". What do you think attracts you as an ENFP to this genre of music?:proud::crazy:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Rock, Alternative, Pop Punk, Indie Rock/Pop, Neo Folk (Pop Folk and Folk Rock), some Hip Hop/Rap, Techno, and basically any music that sounds good to me. I am quite a sucker for passionate or emotional or angsty or wistful themes in music, haha. I have very varied tastes, but it's obvious where my heart's at.
Very nice taste :)

s3g?s Music Profile ? Users at Last.fm - this is what I listen to.

Reactions: MissyMaroon

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I pretty much like country and alternative. I prefer music with more natural sounds (unless it's like Owl City, in which they purposely change the vocals to sound pretty interesting!) and I'm not fond of a lot of the Top 40 stuff because everything is just so altered and fake. I like some instrumentals, like jazz and classical piano.. but I have to be in the right mood. As a vocalist, I also enjoy a lot of musical theatre, especially Phantom of the Opera <3.

My boyfriend pointed out a big difference to me between country and alternative, and I rarely listen to them simultaneously. My country songs resemble stories, and some of my favorite songs either remind me of life situations or situations I can sympathize/empathize with. I listen to alternative when I'm in a contemplative mood, when the actual lyrics don't matter as much. The lyrics are a lot more vague, make little sense and are able to be interpreted in a variety of ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tend to listen all kinds of music expect the mainstream music. I think most of the artists today only care about record sales and how much money they will make. Over the few years i've really began to love The Smashing Pumpkins. Their beautiful melancholy and deep lyrics are the few things that really inspire me. Also bands and artist who write about society and it's faults like System Of a Down and Bob dylan.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Post-metal! If a 8+ minute song can hold my attention, it must be good. Tool, Russian Circles, Neurosis, The Evpatoria Report, This Will Destroy You, Yndi Halda, Rosetta, Isis, Joy Wants Eternity...

My favorite band is Animal Collective. I love how their songs can express such love without ever using the word "love". Good daydreaming music.

I really love punk too. The Adicts come to mind first. The raw energy, rebellion, expression of self without caring what others think, quick. I like the Dead Kennedys too.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
i enjoy music with lyrics that i can relate to, or that make me think. but at the same time, i have to enjoy it musically, as well. so while i do sometimes like mainstream music, most of the time i do not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GYPSYPUNK :) I just recently got into Gogol Bordello and World Inferno Friendship Society. I love music with a lot of lyers to it if you get what I ean - not just typical guitar drum n bass set ups. I like Eels for the same reason. Although I also like music wth lyrics that I can really relate to or else which make me smile - like Bowling for Soup or The Offspring. I also love Serj Tankian and System of a Down. lso Regina Spektor and Rancid. So quite a lot :D Jazz is cool too

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am loving the new arcade fire. Well I love them in general. And Beirut and that type of music. Phenix, fleet foxes, Silver Sun pickups

1 - 20 of 32 Posts