Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How picky are you? How far are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?

Do you like to try strange things such as insects or meats that are unusual to you?

I've tried the bugs in lollipops which had a maple syrupy sort of taste and I also had fish eggs which were just... eh.

But I wouldn't try cow tongue, I don't care now nice it looks when prepared but something about it just makes me gag.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w7 845 sx/sp
146 Posts
I'm open-minded about food, have eaten live bugs ("jumiles" in Mexico), fried grasshoppers, ant eggs, brain, cow tongue, crude fish and meat, and other things I can't remember.

I'm also very picky, and that's the reason for my thinness. I'll refuse to eat anything until I get the food I'm craving for.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm open-minded about food, have eaten live bugs ("jumiles" in Mexico), fried grasshoppers, ant eggs, brain, cow tongue, crude fish and meat, and other things I can't remember.

I'm also very picky, and that's the reason for my thinness. I'll refuse to eat anything until I get the food I'm craving for.
Ohhh, I'm not certain if I could eat them while alive regarding the insects. There's one about me: It's gotta be completely dead.

Brain sounds real interesting though, I hear it can be pretty strong depending on the animal the brain's from.

You oppose me in the pickiness there, I'll mostly eat what's given but my small size is because I really hate that overstuffed feeling so not a lot can fit in. Are your cravings very specific? Whenever mine come up it seems to be a texture thing than taste.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w7 845 sx/sp
146 Posts
your cravings very specific? Whenever mine come up it seems to be a texture thing than taste.
Really specific. If I want a Carls Jr. Western Bacon Thickburger, I want that one, not just any similar hamburger. My boyfriend used to think I'm inflexible on purpose (for attention, or something).
Whenever mine come up it seems to be a texture thing than taste.
Yes! Texture is almost as important for me as taste. Also - variety. I love my plate to have different things rather than just one kind of food.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really specific. If I want a Carls Jr. Western Bacon Thickburger, I want that one, not just any similar hamburger. My boyfriend used to think I'm inflexible on purpose (for attention, or something).

Yes! Texture is almost as important for me as taste. Also - variety. I love my plate to have different things rather than just one kind of food.
Now I wonder... ever did the thing where you put some of your chips in a sandwich?

I don't think I ever met anyone who was so specific with their cravings, too. I don't see it as a really bad thing, just that you know what you want.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w7 845 sx/sp
146 Posts
Now I wonder... ever did the thing where you put some of your chips in a sandwich?

I don't think I ever met anyone who was so specific with their cravings, too. I don't see it as a really bad thing, just that you know what you want.
Yes, but only Doritos. I also only eat yogurts with fruit pieces or cereals. What other food habits do you have?

Reactions: Belrose

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, but only Doritos. I also only eat yogurts with fruit pieces or cereals. What other food habits do you have?
Doritos are the best chips ever, especially for that. My favorite's either gotta be just the basic cheesy flavor they have because they go with practically everything.

Sometimes I nibble on small things between the main meals, usually something like granola bars or cheese and crackers. The Chicken-in-a-Biscuit crackers are like cocaine in food form, they're almost too good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Picky and not willing to try anything that's not sugary.

I also have cravings every worning I wake up for sweet shit. But only mornings.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm pretty okay with eating anything that sounds good to me at the time. But, if someone else is dictating what I eat? The part of me that is stubborn to the point of starvation will show itself.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I don't and won't eat animals of any kind.

Reactions: Hiraeth

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't and won't eat animals of any kind.
Samesies.

Other than that, I'm not incredibly picky, but I prefer to have lots of healthy options otherwise I get a little anxious.

Like others have said, I'm particular about textures -- much more so than taste itself. I CANNOT HANDLE beverages that have "floaties" in them. I.e. aloe water, OJ with pulp -- NO THANKS.

Also...I'm ridiculously insane about water looking perfect. If it's too cloudy, has any little specks of anything it... I won't drink it. I'm like the little girl in the movie Signs about water, actually.

·
Registered
36 Posts
im very picky when it comes to animals (basically, im not willing to try any new animals or the stuff they produce) but when it comes to fruits, vegetables, seeds, etc.. then im super open minded.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My parents are traditional Asian immigrants so I grew up eating and preferring various Asian foods. I'm not a picky eater at all and am open to trying new foods since I've eaten all sorts of things that a lot of westerners would gag at: hearts, livers, pig blood, etc. And no, I have not eaten any cats or dogs (yet).

I believe anything can taste good. You just have to know how seasonings work.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I'm quite open-minded about food...though it might me get a while to get used to some of the more...unique fare of the world :).

In regards to taste, I enjoy lots of spicy food :D.

·
Registered
INTJ
449 Posts
I guess food is my secret "Se weakness" xD
While I don't eat that much and cook only once in a while, I value good food a lot.

There are a number of things I don't like such as butter, brocoly or most kinds of cheese, but I'm always open to discover new things.
I like meat in general, same goes for fruits and seafruits in particular.

How picky are you? How far are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?
Oh, I frequently try to make my meals so spicey that I am barely able to finish it. It makes eating much more interesting... and with that I can just leave it in the open with the fear of it being eaten by somebody else xD

Do you like to try strange things such as insects or meats that are unusual to you?

I've tried the bugs in lollipops which had a maple syrupy sort of taste and I also had fish eggs which were just... eh.
I would LOVE to try that out, unfortunately I know no occasion which would allow me doing so. Spiders, Locusts, worms or maggots, why not? In fact they are made of many healthy proteins and have almost no fat.
Imo, it should be far more wide spread in western cultures, as it would drastically lower the amount of money we'd need to put into food, so we can spend it better elsewhere (from a government point of view).

But I wouldn't try cow tongue, I don't care now nice it looks when prepared but something about it just makes me gag.
Tried that once, it was okay (although I did not know what it was until I ate it). It is very chewy and rather salty. I guess it is okay once in a while but not necessarily something I could eat all the time.

Edit: Yes, I am actually referring to seafood :p

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
I love all sorts of foods. Love trying new things and new places. Spicy, exotic, weird, messy, bold - bring it on. There are some things I'll refuse to try: rocky mountain oysters, anything still alive, anything where I can see its eyes or face or whole body on my plate... stuff like that.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
seafruits
I know that is sort of a translation from French, but I'm not sure about other languages. It's kind of cute to see it. Unless there is some kind of sea fruit I'm unaware of (in which case I'm intrigued), seafood or shellfish are usually the options you'll want to go with in English.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts