Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas for a male INFJ's birthday.

I know he'd probably appreciate something personal and something where it was clear some thought had been put into it, but my mind is blank.

I have just over 6 weeks, help me out guys!!?

·
Registered
275 Posts
-well for a guy money it's always a good option but...
-a watch, trinkets (if he likes jewelery), very good books (fiction or psyhology for me)
and what not to buy:
-clothes
-perfumes

-usually I like good company not gifts (I don't really care), but a nice attention is appreciated :)
but this is for me I can't guarantee that he likes or dislikes the same gifts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-well for a guy money it's always a good option but...
-a watch, trinkets (if he likes jewelery), very good books (fiction or psyhology for me)
and what not to buy:
-clothes
-perfumes

-usually I like good company not gifts (I don't really care), but a nice attention is appreciated :)
but this is for me I can't guarantee that he likes or dislikes the same gifts
Thanks - it's ok, I think I;ve solved it. I'm going to buy him a leather folder to keep his writing in :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I am not much on gifts, to be honest. I suppose either a book (preferably something you enjoyed) or something ephemeral, maybe a bottle of wine.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
write a letter!

Reactions: firelink and Alaya

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Johnnie Walker Blue Label.....works for me every time!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Your gift idea sounds really nice, let us know how it goes.

Gifts is probably dead last or second to dead last on the list of Love Language styles. The best gifts I have gotten have been hand crafted items (which really places it for me in the Time category, since the person took the time to hand make something for me). The next best gifts are something like tickets to a movie/play or something similar that they'll attend with me (again making effort to spend time with me). And third best, something that shows they understand what I like... so for me, for instance, a book they know I've been wanting or materials for my hobbies.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Something that invokes an old inside joke or great experience you've had together. I had a bunch of friends give me an armadillo beany-baby in a chinese take-out box as a going-away gift when I moved during high school, and I still have and treasure it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are a great cook you can make him a really nice dinner, especially if you know his favorite food! Also INFJ like one on one meeting, so it's a nice way to spend time with him while making him happy!

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
Well in addition to whatever you decide on getting him, I suggest offering him food (his favorite dessert) unless he really doesn't care about food all that much.

Edit: Wow, person above beat me to the punch (as we posted at the same exact time)! hehe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your gift idea sounds really nice, let us know how it goes.

Gifts is probably dead last or second to dead last on the list of Love Language styles. The best gifts I have gotten have been hand crafted items (which really places it for me in the Time category, since the person took the time to hand make something for me). The next best gifts are something like tickets to a movie/play or something similar that they'll attend with me (again making effort to spend time with me). And third best, something that shows they understand what I like... so for me, for instance, a book they know I've been wanting or materials for my hobbies.
I had planned to hand make his card..

write a letter!
I had planned to write in his hand-made card.. lol - though I had been toying with the idea of attempting a piece of 'creative writing' of my own, like a version of how we met/got together and putting it in the folder. I don't wanna make the poor lad vomit though... ha :]

2 birds - 1 stone AND a practical gift for something I know he loves doing?

I could cook, but that's all it would be, an attempt lol My domestic skills are seriously lacking at the best of times, and I'd only insist he did the dishes afterwards (I have an almost-phobia of putting my hands in dishwater - gloved or not!!).

He did I was the best present ever - aaaaaaw lol

Eeeek - I'm a bit nervous though, first birthdays together rapidly approaching - scary [exciting] stuff. Time to see if we've been paying attention!!

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
write a letter!
I love it when I receive letters, it means a lot more to me than material gifts. Though I appreciate them wholeheartedly as well, but a letter usually does it, especially when written deeply and lovingly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I'm feeling you guys on the letter - I'll buy some nice paper and a fountain pen, a nice envelope and some brown string and tie it up nicely and put it in the folder...

·
Registered
142 Posts
vinyl records... i dunno.. i always feel weird getting gifts yet i love to give them. the number one thing i would love to get is a sincere letter from the heart, never gotten one of thos.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Letters from the heart are nice, specifically because it would give me a deeper understanding of you, our relationship, and how other people perceive me.

More than anything I love something that I will use and bonus points if it will last. Clothing is fine, jewelry is passable, food is nice, tools that I am likely to use are excellent, gift cards aren't terrible. Even more bonus points if the style/type of the thing you get me shows that you have general knowledge of my tastes in things.

---
EDIT: Writing the letter AND giving him the tools sounds pretty choice. Well done!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ok, I'm feeling you guys on the letter - I'll buy some nice paper and a fountain pen, a nice envelope and some brown string and tie it up nicely and put it in the folder...
That sounds really awesome actually. A friend of mine gave me a journal which kind of sounds similar to your idea about the folder to keep his writing, and I thought it was the nicest gift even though it didn't really cost a lot because, it reflected something he knew about me: that I like to write. If there were a handwritten note in the little pocket, I'd consider than icing on the cake, for real.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Happiness! [That's the gift I like]
But really, I like thoughtful gifts. Anything hand-made. I love it when people make CD's for me. Hand written cards are nice to, with something thoughtful and sincere written in them. But mostly, I just enjoy spending time with people. On any birthday, all I really want is to just not spend my birthday alone. And going somewhere can be nice, like going to dinner with friends or an amusement park, a regular park, somewhere to just hang out with people and have fun.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anything handmade, whether it be a letter or a picture/card/etc...material gifts are temporary, at least for me. I keep anything handmade forever, because it shows love and thoughtfulness...things that cannot be bought.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts