Personality Cafe banner

What sport do you play??

[INTJ] 
6K views 54 replies 37 participants last post by  17Something 
#1 ·
Table Tennis:happy: love this game!! not only an exercise but u have have very quick reflexes!

& some cricket.

#4 ·
Same, but i prefer badminton. I find tennis balls too light when i hit them, but shuttlecock slow down enough if i hit them right that they dont go over the back line. Whacking it to the back and watching them skid backwards is quite funny, and then following up with a shot that just taps it over the net. :tongue:

Reactions: Think
#7 ·
Same. I took Tae Kwon Do for four years. I've never excelled at sports; I generally avoid them as much as possible, but I actually did very well in Tae Kwon Do. It requires a certain amount of finesse.

#10 ·
I'm not playing any sports officially at the moment, like organized or on a team, but basketball and American football are two that I excel at. I'm more athletic than 85% of people yet I haven't tried out for my school's teams for lame INTJ reasons, but I used to play all the time--lately not as much. Tennis seems an interesting sport to venture into...

#25 · (Edited)
fencing, martial arts, swim, yoga

pretty much anything that lets me be competitive, with one-on-one contact, and no stinking team :crazy:

except yoga. that's chill out & stop thinking time.

#26 ·
I would like to do a variety of martial arts, but that would intefere with my sitting alone in a darkened room and planning all of the ways in which i could take over the world / extract revenge upon certain people.
PS i do shooting. With photographs :tongue:

#27 ·
I liked casual soccer as a child. Sometimes, I play Ultimate Frisbee or Frisbee Golf.

The only school sports activities I participated in I decided to try during my senior year of High School, running with the Cross Country team in the fall, followed by Track and Field in the spring- the latter I quit a few weeks in because it quickly lost its element of fun and sense of fulfillment for me. I still enjoy cycling. When I'd go up stairways in my parents' home I'd often skip steps to give myself a bit of a workout- I've always enjoyed sprinting and view endurance running as quite a fulfilling challenge.

The only sport I enjoy watching is college football, most everything else quickly bores me- my brain tunes out and goes off on some thoughtful tangent for a couple of minutes before I realize I'd stopped paying attention. If I'm watching summer Olympic games, the events I pay most attention to involve running or diving or swimming. If my husband shows an interest in some particular sport or event, I make an effort to pay attention so that we both can talk about it.

I've longed to visit, say, acrobatic performers during practice, to get tethered to their bungie cords and just jump up and down crazily doing flips off of an awesomely bouncy trampoline. It's like a fantasy of mine.

#28 ·
I like ballroom dancing, yoga, rock climbing, and ultimate frisbee (this is my favorite). At one point I did gymnastics and I liked it, but stuff came up and I couldn't do it anymore after awhile. The only sports I can stand to watch on tv are figure skating and gymnastics, otherwise I'm insanely bored.

#31 ·
I used to play pool when I was a youngster, but now the only thing remotely close to sport is trying to beat my own rubik cube solving record.

I find that most sports are arbitrary and contrived in their competitive manners and mainly serves to waste and pass by time.

Now if for the reason of physical fitness, I do bodybuilding, but that's not really a sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.