Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,i've tried football ( european ),boxing,basketball,volleyball....Although i loved them all in the last couple of years volleyball on beach was the best...One thing i can say for me as athlete-i'm very,very fast and explosive..Others like strength,flexibility are good but not that good:)

So,what do u think that are good sports for ENFP and in what sport we can give the most?

I think that no good sport for us are MMA,rugby and violent sports,i think the best are basketball,volleyball,maybe some martial arts like aikido,karate or, something.

What do u think?

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
i think if there are sports suited to ENFPs, it's ones without too many routine actions in it. for example im terrible at basketball cos most of it is just being very very good at the basics. i LOVE soccer because there is so much variation in a game of soccer. need i say what i think of baseball/cricket? (just in case: they suck and i suck at them)

another thing i've noticed about myself is that i'm always AMAZING at one area of a sport but terrible in the parts which are a bit routine. for example in volleyball i look amazing cos i can pull off awesome diving saves, but then i look like i have downs when i serve. i can skill past the whole other team in soccer, and pull of awesome skill, but sometimes can't pull off a simple pass. anything which involves instinctual creativity and not routine in sport i am best at.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I can only talk from personal experience but find that team sports are great for ENFPs, as they should possess great sportsmanship, and energy and enthusiasm on the field, and are naturally talented. I personally like ice hockey, soccer, baseball, and ultimate frisbee.

Can we become super athletes? I think it's an uphill battle for some considering our lack of ability to follow through, and can be easily swayed with other passionate whims. While I can be aggressive when I play - I also don't have a competitive bone in my body which I don't think is a quality in any professional athletes where they contain that "Killer Instinct". That said, if you are passionate about the sport and it is constant there is nothing in the world that can stop an ENFP! I have also seen many athletes contain a different persona on the field than the way they are IRL.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i did Kung Fu for a few years and loved it. I was pretty good at it too. I love football (american) too, but i'm a small guy so being good at it isn't really an option lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup,that's the problem-routine.

Every sports has his routine that we don't see,i know this 'cause i on sport college,strength and condition major.

We get bored easily when there's no fun and there's no fun in no limits workout of strength and condition in each sport.
Let's put this way-we like the game but dislike the training routine.:confused:
Talkin' for myself but i think that every one of us feels like that.

And the other problem that BassClef told is "killer instinct" that we just don't have.We're not the people who wants to hurt the others.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just really really bad at sports... I'm not athletic at all.
I don't enjoy running, or any ball games....

Team sports aren't my thing either. I feel I ruin it for everybody with my lack of skills!:crying:

I like riding my bike thou! It's awesome! just daydreaming and going really really really fast! SWUUUUUSH! :proud:
I've been riding horses for almost 10 years now, and I enjoy that so much! I'm on a year break right now, but I hope to start again as soon as possible!
I don't think i could be professional thou. I'm just not that determined to become successful! the interaction with the horse and the exercise and the speed are enough for me ^^:laughing:

·
Banned
148 Posts
um, i think that this probably depends more on your natural body build rather than personality type.

for instance, i'm tall and lean and so are all the men in my family. i was great at cross country, marathons, cycling, triathlons, and crew.

however, i find those sports boring. i only do it for the incredible runner's high i get afterwards (better than drugs). the sports i personally enjoy are basketball, football, hockey, and soccer. i find that lots of ExxPs become extra motivated when playing sports that involve teamwork.

the fact that i'm ok in basketball, above average in soccer, decent in hockey, and below average in football has no bearing on my ability to love playing each sport.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've been riding horses for twelve years, and I would like to pursue the sport at the professional level, but for now I'm aiming at being on a NCAA team. I love everything about the horse world and the people in it are especially crazy and obsessive like me. :laughing: Horses are unpredictable animals and I love working with the young ones. You never know what you're getting into! They require routine care (it's especially important to feed them at certain times every day) but I enjoy it, makes me feel grounded.

I played softball until I was thirteen and I enjoyed running the bases the most because of the thrill. I ran track in middle school because my coach thought I'd be good at it, but I felt no desire to run fast unless I was trying to not get out. I was also on swim team for five years so I could get the five year trophy. XD

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Running!! I love running! I love non-contact sports where I can just compete with myself and set new PR's. Also, many hours on my own get me to think things through and use my Fi. It's manna for the soul :happy:

Reactions: willhite2

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
sports + me = ...does not compute

I so, so, so wish I had athletic ability. The only sport I was ever halfway decent at was tennis; I'm completely horrible at everything else. I'm just not athletic to begin with, so when you throw in my asthma and bad knees (dislocated my kneecap literally just walking down the street when I was 12) you have a disaaaaasteeeeeer.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
I come from a family where my dad was signed to the Toronto Maple Leaf hockey team, so I'm biased. But I loved hockey, soccer, and football. All were really good but football edges it out because teammates are encouraged to be REALLY outspoken and it's constant back (and butt) slapping and high-fives. I love that stuff. I played reciever and linebacker and there's nothing like making a big sack or huge catch and having 20 other guys treat you like a king for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like running and jogging, I do a little badminton too but I lean towards parkour more..

Parkour has the variety and excitement of routes that keep it interesting :D

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
It's seems to me that we all like somethin' but not that much to obligate and become professional athlete.:wink:
I'd allow Nike to sponsor me in a heart beat. Just you wait. Just you wait.........

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Running!! I love running! I love non-contact sports where I can just compete with myself and set new PR's. Also, many hours on my own get me to think things through and use my Fi. It's manna for the soul :happy:
I'm curious what your personal record is in terms of pace and duration. Do you have any tips for someone that for the life of me has not been able to get lower than 8:15/mile (for a 6-7 mile run). Do you think getting used to running longer distances for a period of time will help getting this time down? Running steeper hills? (I live in San Fran so this won't be a problem), or do you think there is some mental processes/exercizes to consider? I would love to know your thoughts.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts