Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally had this posted in the member videos forum but thought I'd also post it on the enneagram forum to get a better response.

I have a set of three videos I made discussing how each of the three enneagram instincts manifests in me.
I think I'm 5w6 so/sp/sx but I'm not sure of the stacking and I've been told by a few people that I may be a 6 or a 9 instead.

I'm also interested in what you perceive my enneagram trifix to be. I have an idea but am not 100% sure of it, especially regarding the heart part of it.

Also curious to see how much I vibe as an INTP.

Self preservation:

Social:

Sexual:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
You posted the social instinct video 2 times! (SP vid is SO)

I think you may be right about the instincts. SO/SP/SX fits because you come off as warm (SO) and there is this wall-like SP feel behind it. Don't get much SX feel from you.

I'm not convinced you are a 5, but then I don't know any SO 5. It's easier to guess at instincts than type, imo. You could be 6, or heart, or maybe 9.
I believe SO+ introversion don't mesh well together (although not impossible), could you be extraverted?

I'll come back with more as I get to see the last vid! :wink:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! I must like the social instinct so much I posted it twice!

Here's the self-preservation video:

I'm strongly introverted, that I'm sure of. However, I think I'm more extraverted compared to the average 5. Social 5's are an anomoly in some ways.

I'm pretty sure I'm a 5w6 so/sp/sx but I do have type 9 in my trifix and I identify with alot of the type 9 qualities. I haven't totally ruled out 9 as a possibility. I don't think I'm a 6 but I have a 6 wing and so that can make me look 6 ish.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I'm a bit confused about you, tbh.

As I watch your videos you appear warm and receptive, even agreeable.

You lean forward as you talk and use handgestures a lot as you're explaining yourself- rolling your hands. Else you don't move much, except when you adjust your chair.

My guess is SO/SP and for type I have my doubts about 5. You don't seem very 5ish to me, but again I don't know any SO 5. Though I imagine they are more elitist than you appear to be..:blushed:

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Trifix guess would be something like:

6w5-1w9-3w2 so/sp

I don't see a strong five pushing much at all, head fix and heart fix seem decent. I picked the 1 for gut, because you seem more "there" than the 9 fix, but not over-bearing as an 8fix.

·
Banned
51 Posts
I'm really not quite sure what the rest of you are seeing. To me this person in the video is an obvious 5w6 sx last to the point of stereotype. I see the thoughtful curiosity of a 5 and none of the reactivity or more overt anxiety of a 6. The 9w1 and 2w1 give her a calm and pleasant presence. Not all social 5s are assholes ... in fact if anything social 5w6s are usually the nicest 5s.

I would go so far as to say that I'd want to use this posters video as a classic 5w6 so.So video to show to other people trying to understand the type.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
She's a 5w6 - 9w1 - 2w? guessing w1 on the 2.

But I so cheated so my vote doesn't count. :laughing:

To be honest, even without knowing what your type was prior, I detect underlying anxiety in body language and voice so I would lean toward a head fix. 7 is out, right off the bat and you don't have the reactivity in your facial expressions that I see in 6's. Your presence seems 9ish as you don't take up a lot of space. You keep your arms close to your body and lean forward slightly toward your legs giving yourself a smaller appearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts