Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. :happy:

I'm trying to get a better grasp of what style(s) of music suit(s) my voice best.

I plan on recording more snippets in the future, but I would be interested in getting some feed back based on the recordings I've posted below.

I'd really appreciate the input. (Please include an explanation as to why you suggest ______)

Thanks again! :tongue:

Vocaroo | Voice message

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yLLQgR007U

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome voice, man. I am so jealous.

I don't really understand why you're asking this question though. Surely you just sing whatever you want...?

I'd definitely say you'd suit some sort of rock music. Maybe like Counting Crows or something.

I want your voice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome voice, man. I am so jealous.

I don't really understand why you're asking this question though. Surely you just sing whatever you want...?

I'd definitely say you'd suit some sort of rock music. Maybe like Counting Crows or something.

I want your voice.
Thanks for the compliment :happy:

It can be hard to judge oneself effectively....especially when it's about your own voice...I typically am more critical of myself as a result.

The last thing I want to be is delusional about my abilities.

I'm going to go look up the counting crows now....and read up about their style. :tongue:

Thanks again! It really does mean a lot!

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I'm a big proponent of singing whatever the fuck you want to. You seem like a high baritone like me, so just stay away from singers like Bruno Mars that never leave their high notes. You have a rasp and crying quality to your voice that I'd say would be suited to folk; it'd sound very authentic. Off the top of me head, I'd suggest "Imagine" or "Positively4th street," but hey, do Opera if you want.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha...the last part about Opera...I first read it as "but hey, do Oprah if you want."

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I will look into those you've listed. :happy:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sing from the heart, and you'll be fine :)

Reactions: losersalwayzwin
1 - 6 of 6 Posts