Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm between ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, and INFP. Basically, I'm an xxFP. :)

The way I write essays, etc. seems to be written like a sensor. Just seems that I focus more on random details that don't really fit well into the big picture. I get good grades in writing, it just seems less flowy and more choppy. I read a girl's essay who is most likely an intuitive. I know her a 7 out of 10, and she thinks and acts like an intuitive. Her essay was much more focused on the big picture.

However, I live in my head. I'm imaginative, and 75% of the time I will be imagining something, in my head, that's totally random. Just the other day I spent 2 hours in an imaginary conversation with one of my ESFP friends. Pretty sure she's ESFP, she's very VERY spontaneous, and always very focused on the present moment. Compare that to me, I'm pretty much always thinking about the future, what COULD happen, etc. I like to imagine things differently from the way they are, which to me sounds very intuitive. ENFP, or INFP.

The other question I had was, when I hang with my INFJ/P friend, I can't figure out which one, I'm calmer. When I hang with my ESFP friend, there are a few things I'm hesitant to do. Just last night, everyone was randomly fake attacking some girl, kind of in a joking way. I was kind of like, "Uh, k?" I actually hugged everybody! I didn't quite get what was going on. But I'm generally MUCH more sponataneous and live in the moment, and I'm actually a lot happier for it. I don't have an example for it, it's just yeah.

Am I maybe an Enneagram 4 who's an E/ISFP? I do know Enneagram 4 is imaginative, which could be mistaken for Fi-dom...

If you got through to this, please PLEASE respond.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I think ISFP might suit you better. If you like to think about the future and what COULD Happen, that's probably more likely Ni/Se. That would mean that your two inward functions would be Fi and Ni which makes sense to me based on the little that you have described here.

The detailed orientation seen in your writing could be a reflection of your preference for an introverted judging function (Fi), also. I have noticed that people with Ti seem much more detailed about their reasoning than people with Te and I would imagine that it would be the same for Fi vs Fe as well since Fi is so nuanced.

The reason for ISFP over ESFP is that if you're an I, then your Ni would be at least accessible to be used in the tertiary position, but if you're an E, the Ni would be somewhat of a weakness for you in the last position.

Enneagram 4 is mostly associated with Fi. Even though the Enneagram doesn't translate perfectly to MBTI, there are still a few general rules to follow. An ISFP who is a type 4 wouldn't raise any eyebrows I wouldn't think.

The other options of being an XNFP would have to do with Ne which is something that I struggle a bit with to understand since it comes across as so disjointed to me, but maybe someone else will step in and comment on the potential for XNFP for you.

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8
191 Posts
Just the other day I spent 2 hours in an imaginary conversation
I don't know if an E would spend so much time dreaming...
I'm pretty much always thinking about the future, what COULD happen, etc. I like to imagine things differently from the way they are, which to me sounds very intuitive. ENFP, or INFP.
Me too, but I've always related it to Se (so reality, you and your friend) + Ni (what could actually happen in a future conversation) and not really to Ne.
The other question I had was, when I hang with my INFJ/P friend, I can't figure out which one, I'm calmer. When I hang with my ESFP friend, there are a few things I'm hesitant to do.
I'm an Isfp and I can relate to this paragrafh. I'm calmer with people who are calm and more active with people who are extrovert. Could it be Se that tries to adapt us to the external world? :rolleyes:
Long story short, in my opinion you're a quite "extravert" Isfp :)

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
Nobody else?
IF you use this, you'll get much more answers. What you have written here doesn't really paint a large enough picture for those to type you and be confident about it. I actually only responded because you requested that if anyone read it, for them to at least put in their opinion. I wouldn't have said anything if not for that. Anyway, use this and you'll get pages of replies:

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/99679-whats-my-type-questionnaire.html

Also, is it possible that you're an ISFP and but there's something about the type you don't like and so that's why you have rejected the two replies here so far?

Reactions: Jewl

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
So, I'm between ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, and INFP. Basically, I'm an xxFP. :)

The way I write essays, etc. seems to be written like a sensor. Just seems that I focus more on random details that don't really fit well into the big picture. I get good grades in writing, it just seems less flowy and more choppy. I read a girl's essay who is most likely an intuitive. I know her a 7 out of 10, and she thinks and acts like an intuitive. Her essay was much more focused on the big picture.

However, I live in my head. I'm imaginative, and 75% of the time I will be imagining something, in my head, that's totally random. Just the other day I spent 2 hours in an imaginary conversation with one of my ESFP friends. Pretty sure she's ESFP, she's very VERY spontaneous, and always very focused on the present moment. Compare that to me, I'm pretty much always thinking about the future, what COULD happen, etc. I like to imagine things differently from the way they are, which to me sounds very intuitive. ENFP, or INFP.

The other question I had was, when I hang with my INFJ/P friend, I can't figure out which one, I'm calmer. When I hang with my ESFP friend, there are a few things I'm hesitant to do. Just last night, everyone was randomly fake attacking some girl, kind of in a joking way. I was kind of like, "Uh, k?" I actually hugged everybody! I didn't quite get what was going on. But I'm generally MUCH more sponataneous and live in the moment, and I'm actually a lot happier for it. I don't have an example for it, it's just yeah.

Am I maybe an Enneagram 4 who's an E/ISFP? I do know Enneagram 4 is imaginative, which could be mistaken for Fi-dom...

If you got through to this, please PLEASE respond.
Based on this an introvert, most likely a feeler, a bit more likely IxFP than IxFx, a tiny bit more likely ISFP than INFP, since you showed some sensing preference in the way you gave an example of what happened just lat night, and finally completely unknown enneagram type.

Now, should we be expecting any kind of filled in questionnaire from you or something? ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried 2 questionnaires many months ago, and got a motley of answers. There was no general consensus, although there was one more ESFP reply than any others. I'm thinking xSFP because of this. I know I have an upper Fi for certain. Very little doubt about it. Which makes me think ISFP. But ESFP isn't out of the question either.
@brightflashes No, I don't have anything against ISFPs. I actually just said that to keep it at the top of the page, and to stop it from going onto page 40. :)
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tried 2 questionnaires many months ago, and got a motley of answers. There was no general consensus, although there was one more ESFP reply than any others. I'm thinking xSFP because of this. I know I have an upper Fi for certain. Very little doubt about it. Which makes me think ISFP. But ESFP isn't out of the question either.
@brightflashes No, I don't have anything against ISFPs. I actually just said that to keep it at the top of the page, and to stop it from going onto page 40. :)
Thanks guys!!!
Can you give us links to the previous questionnaires or fill out another one to help help us with Ne vs Se?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tipo's I will type you. #29. He said ESFP

What exactly IS my type? I got ENFP/ESFP, but leaning ENFP.
As I said on here, I don't know how to link on this site. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts