Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Namely because I feel like I may actually be an INTP. But I'm sure if I identified as an INTP, I'd think I was INFP.

In social situations, I can be anything, depending on whom I am around. I can be hyper-emotional or stoic, nurturing or cold, flirty or frigid. And it's not as if I'm acting out roles, each of the characters I play are a facet of my personality as much as anything. It may be interesting to note that I shift to complement the person or people I'm with: for example, around my ISTJ friend I act like an ENFP. Around my very emotional ISFJ mother I act like an ENTP. Around my ESFP sister, I act like an INTJ. And around ENFP friends, I act very much like an INTJ. It's really made me doubt who the "real me" is, as people are constantly telling me to "be myself." The only thing I'm really sure of is my Intuition being a significant part of who I am.

When I'm alone, I most relate to the INTP type. I prefer to philosophize, or discern patterns in the universe, or read. On these forums, I often feel like I relate more to the INTPs than the INFPs, but again, that could just be because of the (lack of) social setting. I also have math-phobia (due to bad experiences with it in elementary school, but testing says I have 'aptitude') and cry during science classes because they emotionally move me (not very T), but try as I might to feel profound amounts of empathy for oppressed people, I never really do (not very F). I often feel more guilty for not feeling guilty than feel guilty for the thing I should feel guilty for.

On the MBTI tests, I've gotten a variety of results, but INFP is most often by a small bit. I also can never figure out how to answer questions because my behavior changes so drastically from day to day.

I feel like I'm only emotional around unemotional people, only introverted when surrounded by extroverts, only judging when everyone else is relaxing. It's bizarre.

So yeah. Help?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Haha. Well, I didn't score absurdly high on my F, and in fact I don't feel heaps of empathy for oppressed people. I do, but not as much as the descriptions of INFP make it sound like I should.

I am very well-balanced when it comes to T/F. And I don't side with either one of them individually, but with INFP vs INTP, I feel like INFP fits me better. I'm dreamy to the point of it being annoying, and honestly, that's the main drag for me.

Whatever you are, INTP or INFP, both the feeling and thinking functions seem to be well-developed for you, and that's always a good thing, in my opinion. Hell, all of your functions seem well developed with how much of a social chameleon you are, haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts