Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear people talking about si ni fi ne fe te etc... And it bothering me not to know what it is and how it work
could anyone explain it to me please ?

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
They are cognitive functions as found in your MBTI type code.

Below all mean the same thing in different language if you like.

- ISTJ
- Si-Te-Fi-Ne
- Introverted Sensor(Si), Extroverted Thinker(Te) with Introvert Feeler(Fi) and Extroverted iNtuition(Ne) (functions)

As an ISTJ your brain uses Si and Te most of the time, then maybe Fi sometimes as a backup and Ne under stress.

Also see: Myers-Briggs eight functions carl jung, jungian cognitive functions, mental functions

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do i often see people doing something like SI+TE=FI and what does it mean?

ps. do you have anything more prescise that the fence thing something that explain how each type use it ?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
They are cognitive functions as found in your MBTI type code.

Below all mean the same thing in different language if you like.

- ISTJ
- Si-Te-Fi-Ne
- Introverted Sensor(Si), Extroverted Thinker(Te) with Introvert Feeler(Fi) and Extroverted iNtuition(Ne) (functions)

As an ISTJ your brain uses Si and Te most of the time, then maybe Fi sometimes as a backup and Ne under stress.

Also see: Myers-Briggs eight functions carl jung, jungian cognitive functions, mental functions
To take this a bit further, as you mature you will begin to use the various functions a bit more. Your dominant function (Si) will come into play between 6-12 years, your auxiliary (Te) between 12-20 years, your tertiary (Fi) by age 25 and your inferior (Ne) around age 35. It varies a bit by individual, but by age 50 most everyone is pretty comfortable in using their four primary functions.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
why do i often see people doing something like SI+TE=FI and what does it mean?

ps. do you have anything more prescise that the fence thing something that explain how each type use it ?
Some people map out all their 8 functions, the normal 4 letter type code and the 4 shadow functions. We use all 8 functions at some point in our lives and some people like to work out the order of all 8. Not sure about the Si+Te=? thing but I think I've seen that somewhere too.

If you want to find out your full function development, this test is quite good (if it still works): Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
To take this a bit further, as you mature you will begin to use the various functions a bit more. Your dominant function (Si) will come into play between 6-12 years, your auxiliary (Te) between 12-20 years, your tertiary (Fi) by age 25 and your inferior (Ne) around age 35. It varies a bit by individual, but by age 50 most everyone is pretty comfortable in using their four primary functions.
Interesting. Is this your opinion based on experience or that a concept that is generally accepted?

Also, what exactly is Extroverted Thinking? It can't be what I'm thinking, which is when someone "thinks by talking". I never do that and I can't stand it when my Dad corners me into a conversation just so he can work out his thoughts. He doesn't have a conversation, he just talks and talks and talks and talks without including me in the conversation. I just have to pretend to listen and nod.:dry:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Interesting. Is this your opinion based on experience or that a concept that is generally accepted?
Both. This has been my experience and is also generally accepted in MBTI.

Also, what exactly is Extroverted Thinking? It can't be what I'm thinking, which is when someone "thinks by talking". I never do that and I can't stand it when my Dad corners me into a conversation just so he can work out his thoughts. He doesn't have a conversation, he just talks and talks and talks and talks without including me in the conversation. I just have to pretend to listen and nod.:dry:
This link has a brief description of the cognitive functions:

Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is TI supposed to be that high
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)******************(15.8)unused
introverted Sensing (Si)************************************************(45.2)excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)***********************(20.7)limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)*************************(22.1)limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)*************************************************(46.4)excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti)********************************************(41.9)excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)**********************(19.9)limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi)******************************(27.6)average use

i had weird result for my enneagram too

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
is TI supposed to be that high
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)******************(15.8)unused
introverted Sensing (Si)************************************************(45.2)excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)***********************(20.7)limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)*************************(22.1)limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)*************************************************(46.4)excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti)********************************************(41.9)excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)**********************(19.9)limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi)******************************(27.6)average use

i had weird result for my enneagram too
I think there is a question or two on that test that is a bit off for the Ti function. Almost everyone gets a higher than expected Ti rating.

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one day he will realise the huge mistake it was i mean we are best type obviously (insert epic face here )
arent we the dark side ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts