Action Men
Cars
Castle & Knights
Snakes & Ladders
Dominos
Noughts and Crosses
Soldiers (didn't like them much)
Cowboys and Indians (hated them)

....but most of the time I was outside on the street and inside my head.

·
Registered
14,276 Posts
I was a spoiled child so I don't remember all the toys I had.

A bunch of miscellaneous action figures. My favorites were modeled after the movie Tir Na Nog.
Had a lot of animal toys as well, I especially loved the dinosaurs.
Blocks: Legos, Mega Bloks, and Lincoln Logs
Dolls: Barbie, MyScene, Bratz, Polly Pockets. My favorite was a collectible set of Sailor Moon dolls my parents surprised me with one Christmas.
Hotwheels/Matchbox
And many stuffed animals.

Edit: I just need to correct myself, my favorite action figures were from a TV show called Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. Somehow I really liked those toys even though I did not watch that series.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There were so many.

Swing set
bike
skates
Fisher Price Little People
Barbies
Calico Critters
stuffed animals

·
Registered
108 Posts
All the typical dolls(Barbies, Polly Pocket, Bratz) and the accessories(like a Polly Pocket Ferris wheel and a limo). One weird thing I did is shove broken crayons in the dolls' heads when they fell off because they were magic pellets to keep the heads alive and floating. I was also in love with my DSi-I liked to make flipnotes and record random sounds and of course game and play BrainAge. Since it had internet, it was like my first phone in a way(I read a lot of fanfics on there lol). I had some little matchbox cars too, and I remember this mint green Neopet had that was cute that moved its ears. I remember these tiny dogs and cats that you could put into little houses and the houses would stack on top of each other. I had these weird bugs too and I can't find them anywhere but they were basically these big plastic brown bugs and you could open them up and it was kind of like a maze inside?

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,468 Posts
A nostalgia thred slipped by my notice two years ago?! Bruh. Unacceptable.

I had quite a lot of toys, with like standard toys I mostly liked playing with action figures and stuff, it didn't matter what they were from, I just gave them new characters and played out little stories and fantasies in my head with them. The crossovers that happened in my bedroom, lemme tell you. My favourites were mostly just the ones I could do the most with, like I had a Spiderman figure that was very poseable which meant I could use it for a lot of things, can't remember any others though. Then in my later childhood I'd play music from my stereo and pretend the figures were the band and have them play instruments and stuff. Really though I could make a toy out of just about anything I could get my hands on and play with them in my imagination, even just a featureless cylindrical object I could find some way to turn into something interesting.

But I also loved Bionicle and to a lesser extend normal Lego, I had a massive plastic box full of Bionicle pieces from figures I'd collected over the years, I built a lot of stuff that I was really proud of. Nothing really crazy and technical, but I liked building creatures and characters and stuff and playing with my imagination with the finished result to imagine what they'd be like and give them powers and stuff, then play with them against each other. Really that kind of thing is ageless, even now I'd probably love to see what I could build out of it if I still had my old pieces. Though when my cat had kittens they decided to use my Bionicle box as a litter box, so my mum had to put this cleaning stuff in the box which made all the pieces go really dry and a lot of them became brittle and broke apart, which sucked.

I was a gamer kid above anything else though, so if it counts I also rocked my PS1 early-mid childhood, then also my original Xbox from mid childhood. Awwhh yeah. Final Fantasy VIII was and still is my bbygal.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Animal or pokemon figurines (really big collection of them). Stuffed animals. Gameboy.

I've tried Lego, dolls, car figurines, etc but I didn't really like playing with them. Except if the Lego figurines were shaped as a dinosaur or something.

Basically, if that wasn't an animal or a mystical creature, I wasn't interested.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Stuffed animals, toy horses, video games mostly

I still have my stuffed animals. I didn't really play with the horses anymore after my friend moved away. We used to make up elaborate storylines with them, but it was boring playing alone. The first video game console my parents bought me was GameCube

Toys weren't all that exciting to me after a while, I got bored of them quick. I was more into video games and internet, as well as bike rides around the neighborhood with the other kids on my street.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
but it was boring playing alone.
Toys weren't all that exciting to me after a while, I got bored of them quick. I was more into video games and internet, as well as bike rides around the neighborhood with the other kids on my street.
huh. Well this triggered a memory, I remember being very possessive of my toys I had the room all to myself most of the time and I never did tire of playing with my dolls and I had a toy kitchen as well I did mainly roleplay with all of my props and as far as my own recollection is concerned I enjoyed that very much, and I didn't mind playing with an older (female) friend at the time. My mum tried to get me to play with boys my age and I hated it!!! I would get bored and worse, I was so anal about all of my things that I would throw temper tantrums whenever a boy came barging in fucking up my shit! I guess I enjoyed playing with only one other boy he was more restrained and I knew him the longest I think, we moved around so much that I haven't retained not one friend in my entire lifetime and these days I can't even socialize like a normal person.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Trains, legos, stuffed animals.
Never played with dolls but I actually did for a bit when my ESTP best friend (not so stereotypical in this case, lol) rubbed off on me.

But, I mostly liked to climb trees, play tag, loved to play make believe with my brother/cousins, or otherwise huddle around the family tablet and play games when my parents weren't looking.
some games: Howrse, Moshi Monsters, that monkey adventure game, a smurf village game, when I was a bit older Minecraft..

·
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,823 Posts
My Gameboy,
Playstation,
Lego,
Stickle bricks,
Army men + Cowboys and Indians.
Stuffed toys / beanie babies,
Certain popular boardgames like chess,
A load of plastic animals, bugs and dinosaurs (I was crazy about dinos)
One of those child keyboards with only around 37 keys. lol
Tamagotchi.
Had quite a bunch of educational toys too like this interactive Solar System. I was pretty fascinated by it.

I didn't own many action figures.... Maybe a Spiderman toy or stuff you get in Happy Meals. My friend had a ton though (So many Star Wars and Power Ranger ones), we'd play with them all the time.

I made quite a lot of my own play-things actually. A lot of board and card games, and table-top wargame stuff made from cereal boxes.
When my parents wouldn't buy me Pokemon cards because they were too expensive or something, I was like: screw it, I'll make my own.

I also had a cassette recorder and camcorder that I'd play with excessively. I made a bunch of animations and weird stuff.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
*Pre-digital and no TV. *
We mostly read stuff and did stuff. I was privileged to grow up in single-family houses my parents had bought, so we had gardens to play in. For quite a few years us kids lived in the mulberry tree :D. It was huge and old and had split into three way down near the ground. My dad gave us upholstery foam and we each claimed a branch and set up a spot to lounge on. We rigged a basket and pulley system for trading books and sandwiches with each other.

Y dad had a workshop and we got up to various things. My mom let me cook as soon as-is could read recipe books. There was a balance beam and a pair of bars my dad built for us after Nadia Comanici made perfect-score history in the Olympics one year. I spent a lot of time hanging from the low one by my knees and reading. And at a certain age there were bikes. I used to be my circle's champion tadpole catcher.

But morst of the time, or in combination with most of this stuff, what i did was read.

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
I was extremely spoiled growing up - my mom pretty much buy me things before I’d even ask for them . Had an entire play room to myself

Blocks
Talk boy
Coloring books
Chess
Gel pen
Dinosaurs
Variety of costumes
Pictionary
Wooden Doll house
Candy land
Guess who
Rainbow bright laundry washer and dryer
Rainbow bright refrigerator
Strawberry shortcakes figuring
Telephone
Fishers price phone chatter
Mancala
Cranium
Dominos
Cards
Checkers
Uno
Skip it
Polly pocket
Doll houses
Barbies
Bake toys
Roller blade
Baby sitter club board game
Kitchen set
Tea party set
Action figures
Pogs
Stickers
Kareoke machine
Sailor moon cards
Easy bake
Tamaguchi
Musical toys
Stuff animals
Trolls
Nintendo NES
Nerf guns
Laser guns

Funny thing is the only thing I enjoyed was reading and writing in my journal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I really liked tiny toys for some reason, I had a lot of Polly Pockets.

As I got older I mostly played with video games (Playstation, Game Boy and N64)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Born shortly after WW2, we played war with toy guns. Cowboys was another thing we did, but war had priority. Some kids liked fire engines or cop cars. Electric trains and erector sets were popular, so were toy submarines that shot torpedos.

We had rock fights with casualties, snowball fights, went sledding, played in mud and swamps, built stuff out of junk, and played with odds and ends. We went exploring and jumped off garage roofs. We even played with WW2 war surplus military gear.

It was a great time. Tom Sawyer had nothing on us.

The best was comic books. It was their golden era and they cost a dime, the same as an ice cream bar.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
My family and I didn't have much so I remember placing some cardboard boxes together, and would pretend it was my power wheel. I loved it, because I'd hold onto my stuffed animals and imagined the car was flying.

Besides that, I had a ViewFinder I really loved, and also Popple Roller skates.

My dad bought me Chinese tangrams I loved and 500 piece puzzles (for himself, I guess?). Those were my favorite, too, and the books he'd buy. He always bought me the best books!! And Crayolas (lots of apartment fines with all of the tagging I did, and he never spanked me for it). Best Dad, EVER!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts