Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of sensitivity and being offended:

What things upset you, offend you, and cut you right in the Fi? What makes you sulk, brood, cry, shut down, stonewall, throw things? When do you honestly get your feelings hurt?

·
Registered
484 Posts
When someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about insists they do and that they know more then you, even when you have more of a backround in said subject.

Some girl was arguing with me that arugula was a type of cheese. I wanted to pimp slap her so hard. Not to mention she is 16 (I am 21) and we work together, so she tries telling me how to do my job even though I worked in restaraunts since I was 15 and this is her first job. It's fine to give pointers. It's quite another to insult my intelligence.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about you @Ballast ?
All of the above.

Add to that: people who treat me like I'm incompetent; people who question my integrity; blatant injustice; hypocrisy; double standards; animals getting hurt.

Also, when people frustrate the hell out of me but I am socially required to swallow my rage towards them.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Nothing :dry:

·
Registered
12,002 Posts
i can be really hurt by uncalled-for, blatantly subjective remarks made straight to my face. physiotherapists are the fucking worst that i've met with, as a general group. 'you have really weird [body part]'; that kind of thing. i don't think i care very much what they think; it's more the fact that they imagine i want to hear about it. or don't care what kind of effect their flapping gums might have on somebody else.

being disregarded or dismissed can get me if my guard is down.

outrage: currently, selfishness. it's a real trigger thing. some seething combination of anger, fear and really ferocious contempt in that one.

i hate disregard for privacy. mine or anyone else's.

·
Registered
381 Posts
1. Child abuse and pro-life rhetoric makes me angry in a way few other things do.

2. Having my insights or interests dismissed. I tried to explain MBTI and the INTJ mindset to a [possibly ESTJ?] friend recently in hopes it would help us communicate better, and he basically mocked and dismissed it [''oh you think you're a ~problem solver~'']. Ok then, Goodbye :dry:

3. Related to the above, people who are incurious about worldviews outside of their own. I cannot comprehend people who spend their entire lives with the same set of beliefs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
2. Having my insights or interests dismissed. I tried to explain MBTI and the INTJ mindset to a [possibly ESTJ?] friend recently in hopes it would help us communicate better, and he basically mocked and dismissed it [''oh you think you're a ~problem solver~'']. Ok then, Goodbye :dry:
I'm not INTJ, but I frequently read the INTJ threads because I have an INTJ friend, and I find them helpful. Anyway, I just felt I needed to weigh in on this as I am an ESTJ. It was my INTJ friend that introduced me to MBTI, and it had quite the opposite effect on me. I think we do communicate a lot better now that I know he is INTJ and what that means. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get a bad taste in your mouth for ESTJs, because I know it is a tendency he has if there is someone he really doesn't like that is a certain type. He tends to lump them together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not being listened to, it disrespects what I'm saying, it disrespects myself and how this person perceives me. Depending on the circumstances, I just make myself look past it. (Like when someone is hard of hearing and they just assume to keep a flow going rather than 'what was that again?')

Inconsistency, someone saying one thing and then at another time doing another. Like making a promise and then not even recalling it-- I can be strangely sentimental, so if you make that kinda promise I'll probably remember and feel hurt when you don't follow through.

Being more invested in someone than someone is in me. I had a best friend in elementary whom I got separated from due to him moving, and I later found him on facebook and tried to add him. He didn't remember me. Which was awkward because he was one of my important childhood friends. Oops. Once he did, I offered to reconnect before he moved out of the country again and he rejected me straight out. It's a bit sad because I remember having fantasies of being friends up through high school and whatnot.

Emotional dependence on me. I like to help people and listen to them, but the minute they start to depend on me, I feel irritated.

Absolute disrespect for life. Someone trying to deny someone a choice, or writing off abuse towards animals as less serious than it should. I follow the idea that I want my life to be respected, so I respect all living things regardless of their supposed intelligence.

·
Registered
265 Posts
When the one person I let fully into my inner-circle decides to go out of his way to try to get a negative reaction out of me when something bothers him and I don't react the way he thinks I should.

Normally I am pretty nonchalant and he hates that during those times. Unfortunately, he is one of the few people who is able to make me react with sadness or anger or annoyance (depending on the scenario) and he knows it. He's one of those people that can dish out criticism but cannot take it and he likes to use name-calling and personal insults with bizarre analogies to get his points across. He also can't see any other perspectives but his own and is amazing at holding grudges against others for minor things.

It seems he has a lot of personality traits that peeve me, but other than those issues, he could be a pretty cool guy who was great to talk to. I don't get attached to people very easily, so it was hard and rather disappointing when he went overboard with his hostility that I cut off my attachment for him.

And so my inner-circle remains that much more sparse....

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not INTJ, but I frequently read the INTJ threads because I have an INTJ friend, and I find them helpful. Anyway, I just felt I needed to weigh in on this as I am an ESTJ. It was my INTJ friend that introduced me to MBTI, and it had quite the opposite effect on me. I think we do communicate a lot better now that I know he is INTJ and what that means. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get a bad taste in your mouth for ESTJs, because I know it is a tendency he has if there is someone he really doesn't like that is a certain type. He tends to lump them together.
Oh no, I don't judge all ESTJs because of this one person, haha. I think his particular reaction and our long history of conflict can be explained by his ESTJness and my INTJness, tho. He's very suspicious of intuition and seems to think it's inherently manipulative.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh no, I don't judge all ESTJs because of this one person, haha. I think his particular reaction and our long history of conflict can be explained by his ESTJness and my INTJness, tho. He's very suspicious of intuition and seems to think it's inherently manipulative.
That is interesting. I mean, my INTJ friend and I have our own share of issues that are MBTI related (and even some that aren't), but I wouldn't say I think intuition is inherently manipulative. I am halfway between being suspicious of it and being... "awestruck" by it, perhaps. I find it fascinating, and in some ways wish I were intuitive. In others I am suspicious because I can't connect the dots, and I have to be able to do so to agree with something. I'm not just going to take someone's word for it. Well, that isn't entirely true. I do often just take his word for some things. But I am unable to fully comprehend without seeing all the dots connect. So asking questions isn't an insult (that I don't trust him/think he's stupid/whatever). It's actually a compliment. I appreciate his view and I want to understand it instead of just changing subjects. But that got a little off topic, I think.

Anyway, good to know you don't judge us all that way. Maybe you should try to explain it to your ESTJ friend again in a way that doesn't sound like you are trying to fix problems?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Speaking of sensitivity and being offended:

What things upset you, offend you, and cut you right in the Fi? What makes you sulk, brood, cry, shut down, stonewall, throw things? When do you honestly get your feelings hurt?
Can I butt in and share what offends my Fe? :happy:

I get offended when people are mean to other people just because they are different than them.

I also don't like it when people comment on physical features.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts