Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
strangely enough, for the first time, i got ISFJ tendency as a result, after doing a test thingy provided in the main page of this forum since most of the time, most of the tests i've taken gave me solid INFJ as my type. but when i went into the ISFJ forum i somehow found it difficult to relate to

so i was wondering whether my intuition is repressed again

i feel that for my INTUITION to be fully activated, functional and maintained, the combination of IFJ has to be in the right place? and the intuition comes last when these elements are arranged and lasting securely? so since my intuition is very dependent on the arrangement / state of IFJ it is kind of rocky when the environment is turbulent?

and especially J is a tricky bastard for me

i have no problem with I N F at all
actually i love and cherish them and i think they enrich my life greatly and give me the strength and energy and idiosyncracy

but J is something that really shakes them all i feel..
because when J says no.. especially doing its job with F attached things really easily go south
my moods become really really sensitive like some feather or cat's whisker sensing a wind or something

so i was wondering.. whether other INFJs, in any way, find difficulty, tapping in the power of their intuition due to emotional turmoils and so on? or are the two pleasantly seperate for them?

my N is definately dependent on IFJ values... a real tricky one for me!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Remember the distinction between emotions and F.

Fe is making decisions based on the feelings of others.
Ni is gathering info from within ones self.

My understanding is that having Fe ends up focusing Ni to get info having to do with other people.

The info you gather from Ni might even be your emotions on the matter. I think the key is putting them in the right context.

My whole life my perception has been that the whole world has been pressuring me to deny my intuition and be more like them. I have recently decided to say fuck that and have been progressing to happier more productive mind sets and places. People are listening to me more too, as soon as I started standing up for my Ni. I still get resistance but that will never go away completely. I have been learning to not let it get me down but also to not ignore the useful info it gives me about others perceptions and habits.

I prefer/try to view my J as more of a motivation for protection so we can all stay safe happy and healthy rather than a hindrance. When I remember to use it at the right time and place it helps to keep me from getting controlling which causes fights with others and frustration with myself if I feel I have to stick with the thing in my head I have already planned.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I've been wondering if I am really an ISFJ too. I relate very well to their forum but I have never tested S and I relate way better to the INFJ type descriptions than the ISFJ. The thing that always makes the difference for me is that I can't stand following traditions and I love theory and philosophy and almost never get bored or frustrated with it. The thing is I follow my own rules/traditions. I rarely go by what anyone else or society says. I start from scratch and if I can see the need for it myself in my own experiences and friends than that is when I get strict about them. They are constantly being reevaluated and reformed to perfection based on new info I gather. Even though I tend to take a back seat in day to day life I can't stand to be stuck there and get really frustrated when the person I am following does not listen to me or follow the things we decided upon together because I spent my hole life coming up with those answers, was very careful about making sure we talked about it and agreed on it and for it to be likely that everything go well and as planned, it must remain that way, unless you have a way better idea that you can successfully communicate to me in the short period of time or it was already one of the alternative solutions in my head.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
For a schizoid, I'm not supposed to have friends/like being around people

You're the most unique person in the world, and there will never be anything that can fully explain the depth of your own mind (to a definite standpoint)

Unfortunately, so is everyone else :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Turbulent

strangely enough, for the first time, i got ISFJ tendency as a result, after doing a test thingy provided in the main page of this forum since most of the time, most of the tests i've taken gave me solid INFJ as my type. but when i went into the ISFJ forum i somehow found it difficult to relate to

so i was wondering whether my intuition is repressed again

i feel that for my INTUITION to be fully activated, functional and maintained, the combination of IFJ has to be in the right place? and the intuition comes last when these elements are arranged and lasting securely? so since my intuition is very dependent on the arrangement / state of IFJ it is kind of rocky when the environment is turbulent?

and especially J is a tricky bastard for me

i have no problem with I N F at all
actually i love and cherish them and i think they enrich my life greatly and give me the strength and energy and idiosyncracy

but J is something that really shakes them all i feel..
because when J says no.. especially doing its job with F attached things really easily go south
my moods become really really sensitive like some feather or cat's whisker sensing a wind or something

so i was wondering.. whether other INFJs, in any way, find difficulty, tapping in the power of their intuition due to emotional turmoils and so on? or are the two pleasantly seperate for them?

my N is definately dependent on IFJ values... a real tricky one for me!
I find too,that the emotional environment I'm in,makes a big difference as to how accsessable my intuition is to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts