Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out if I'm type 3, 5 or 9 .
I've read all about these types still not quite sure which

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Passion I have to have passion for anything that I do I won't do anything just for the sake of it there has to be a interest there.
I like to be free to do the things I want . I like to focus on being positive as much as I can and just going with the flow.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I'm not quite sure what I want to accomplish in life, I change my mind about what career I want all the time .
I find it hard to plan for the future I spend most my time going with the flow although I do prefer having plans or ideas for the future it's just they constantly change I get these crazy ideas all the time I switch from one thing to another.
At the moment I'm thinking about how I'd like to be a fitness instructor helping people get healthy and fit since thats one of my biggest passion.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to make sure I'm my true self never following or trying to become anyone else.
The values important to me are love , health , happiness . trust , adventure

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Failure I take failure to heart it makes me feel as if I'm not good enough or I haven't done whats expected.
I'm just afraid of working so hard to get somewhere an having it all not work out so maybe a fear of the unknown what might happen if I fail in different circumstances.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as cool minded , positive, laid back , strong like I have everything together and as being good listener .
I see myself independent, mysterious , emotions hidden deep inside, analytical ,cool minded

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I'm able to go out and do the things I enjoy doing or when I complete a tasks I feel at my best.
At my worst is when I've failed something or if I get stuck in a rut over a problem or issue I can't solve.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I rarely get angry mainly calm I have good control over my emotions.
It takes a lot to get my angry when I do, I might become snappy , make my point at the last resort I get extremely angry start shouting an then flee the scene as I've made my point an if the argument doesn't look like it's ending .
b)I don't let shame affect me I'd normally just laugh it off make a joke about it.
c)I experience anxiety in performance anxiety when I'm under pressure to do my best .
Overthinking it just causes me to get stressed.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Stress I try to distract myself ignore it I usually would go to the gym to stop feeling stressed when I'm stressed I can't do anything or I might spend all time in my room not saying too much.
I generally try to ignore it.
b) I'm not affected by change that much I deal with any unexpected changes adapt to them fairly well.
c)I avoid conflict as much as I can because I don't want to deal with it or the situation doesn't involve or bother me enough. I'm not afraid of conflict I just don't like the negativity.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?*
a) Respectful
b) I don't really care for power I never have any desire to lead or control or be in power.
When I have been in charge I'm considerate , help the best I can and listen and solve any problems

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life is a mystery you never know what will happen full of suprises and ups and downs. I try to keep positive still feel negative about it often.

Optional Questions
12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I used to trust people very easily give people the benefit of the doubt. Now after realising it's not the best thing to do that I take a long time to trust anyone slow to trust people an try to figure them out if they are good or bad before I start trusting them.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a)Strong minded, independent , easygoing, spontaneous
b) Indecisive ,overanalytical

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I'd just ignore the insult shrug it off. Compliments I'd just say thanks and maybe pay them a compliment back.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) Thankful to be healthy and able to do things.
b) More motivation to finish things I start and see it through to the end I always start and stop or leave things. Also having a better attention span I lose my focus so easily.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I heard Type 7 in your Enneagram questionnaire, as Silveresque did. But, I feel a Type 7 is more likely in your Tritype, and is not necessarily your main type.

I'm leaning towards a 9w8, but it's really hard to say. I also heard a tiny bit of Type 4 (but again, if it's there, it's most likely in your Tritype).

Wanting to stay calm, not having a career focus in mind, "going with the flow", wanting to stay positive, all of these seem 9-ish to me. Being able to shrug off insults also seems Type 9-like to me.

You don't seem very intense, so I would guess either an instinctual stacking of SP/SO or SO/SP, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: xxWanderer

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I heard Type 7 in your Enneagram questionnaire, as Silveresque did. But, I feel a Type 7 is more likely in your Tritype, and is not necessarily your main type.

I'm leaning towards a 9w8, but it's really hard to say. I also heard a tiny bit of Type 4 (but again, if it's there, it's most likely in your Tritype).

Wanting to stay calm, not having a career focus in mind, "going with the flow", wanting to stay positive, all of these seem 9-ish to me. Being able to shrug off insults also seems Type 9-like to me.

You don't seem very intense, so I would guess either an instinctual stacking of SP/SO or SO/SP, but I'm not sure.

Another thing I've noticed is I don't deal with any issues that bother me I usually try to run and avoid it for as long as possible I only start to deal or face them when it's at the worst timing.

What would be the difference between the 9w1 or 9w8?
or type 4?
is my tritpye 974 ?
Yeah I definitely don't have career focus at all I don't enjoy the university life the routine. My interests change too much and I can't stick to one interest after a while I get bored . I've probably thought about 10+ careers.

I tend to find it hard to form connection with people I don't make friends easily on the outside I'd be friendly but there's always another side to me that I haven't shown to anyone I keep all my thoughts and feelings private mostly. I don't particularly feel connected to my parents either I'm very guarded with everything.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Another thing I've noticed is I don't deal with any issues that bother me I usually try to run and avoid it for as long as possible I only start to deal or face them when it's at the worst timing.

What would be the difference between the 9w1 or 9w8?
or type 4?
is my tritpye 974 ?
Yeah I definitely don't have career focus at all I don't enjoy the university life the routine. My interests change too much and I can't stick to one interest after a while I get bored . I've probably thought about 10+ careers.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I must have missed the notification, or something.

That's a lot of questions. Your Tritype could be 974, but I think I'd have to know you better to say such. I find it helpful to usually try to pin down one thing at a time (like your primary Enneagram type first).

For differences between 9w1 and 9w8, scroll down to the bottom of this article, and read about them. You strike me as more of a 9w8, but I could be wrong (You could be a 9w1).

Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

Simply from your questionnaire, I'm not thinking you're Type 7 primary, but again, I could be wrong. Reading through the descriptions of each Type can help you figure out what you relate most to.

Would you say you're a very anxious person? What is your relationship to anxiety? Are you thinking all the time?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Reactions: Darkbloom

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
5w4

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I must have missed the notification, or something.

That's a lot of questions. Your Tritype could be 974, but I think I'd have to know you better to say such. I find it helpful to usually try to pin down one thing at a time (like your primary Enneagram type first).

For differences between 9w1 and 9w8, scroll down to the bottom of this article, and read about them. You strike me as more of a 9w8, but I could be wrong (You could be a 9w1).

Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

Simply from your questionnaire, I'm not thinking you're Type 7 primary, but again, I could be wrong. Reading through the descriptions of each Type can help you figure out what you relate most to.

Would you say you're a very anxious person? What is your relationship to anxiety? Are you thinking all the time?
Yeah I am quite anxious person about if I've wanting or said or done the right thing , about exams performing well. I constantly analyse everything, looking at all views to the situation.
i'm never not thinking usually have a stoic face when I'm in thinking mode which is most of the time too.

Hmm. for the 9w1 or 9w8
I might be the 9w8 as said something start happened earlier today where some random guy approached me telling me he saw me in the gym that I shouldn't be buying something. I was annoyed at him but I kept calm only snapping back in a way where I wanted to stand my ground because I didn't like the way he was speaking to me in a smart arse way. Sometimes I ignore conflict only when I'm not that bothered or it hasn't annoyed me enough yet .
I'm fairly optimistic in my views sometimes I usually go back and forth between positive and a negative.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would my tritype be?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which would be my main type an wing?

I tend to avoid putting myself in places where I may be rejected, usually I'll try going in with a positive outlook, as soon as I get the rejection it sends me down a spiral of negative thoughts things like "Why did I bother? I'd be thinking about all the possibilities for the reasons it might have happened.
I get annoyed so much on the outside I'll look positive and calm inside I'm very bleak and angry at the situation sometimes ranting inside letting the anger build up.
I become snappy when like that usually good at controlling my anger until it reaches a point where I explode.

People always tell me I'm very imaginative or dreamy . I'm pretty creative , I'm good at writing stories I've been told.
I enjoy writing I see it almost as a way to escape reality letting the fantasy play out on the page and pulling all of the the ideas together.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm also analytical I see all sides in everything and situations . Always wanting to become knowledgeable in whichever topic I'm interested in researching everything , asking all sorts of questions.

I relate a bit to the 359/953 description and some of the 459/954

I'll read up more on the 973

I heard 9's find relate to a lot of type descriptions though might be just that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.