Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ~ My name is Allan (if you didn't know by my username). Thank you for taking your time to actually read this. It's very long, I know. But I really hope you guys will read it and give me some insight.. :kitteh: Thank you if you do!! I am very grateful <3. I tried answering this as honestly as possible without analyzing anything, so please help me. Thank you PerC community. ~

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
It's not more of the fact of my personality, but rather that about a year ago taking the 16personalities.com test and getting ISFP. Now my INxJ friend for about a year was convinced I was an ISFP. It fit at the time (I think, but I have difficulty remembering what my brain was thinking back then) but I feel as if INFP fits me more now, but I'm unsure. I just get a frequent doubt of myself as an INFP as I think there is a variable that I must be leaving our or ignoring and the expansion of questions just expand and expand which leads to huge bundle of confusion.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Honestly, it is hard to pinpoint what I yearn for life. But the ultimate mantra for me would be the sense of unity and rich inner world for myself. I value relationships pretty high as those are the things I remember in the future. I love the sense of unity and it just is very happy when my friends or family and I interact or form into one. I really value friends and family. I also yearn for a deep inner world. Feelings are very powerful and internal for me. It hits hard, and sometimes I do hate Fi, but I think it is a side of me that I don't often show, which I think somehow makes people misunderstand me. I feel like there is a side of me that I do not know of myself and I just have a sense of insecurity when I don't know myself or when I do something that is out of my personality or view of myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Can't really think of a time when I did, it's hard for me to think about the memories unless it's just a flash that triggers my memories or when I'm stressed. But I think it would be the unity thing with my family and friends once again. And it's very upsetting that most of my friends are online, so I always talk about and daydream about the day when we do meet. It's just very interesting and nice to think about.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I think what makes me feel inferior is well.. that my ideas are being judged or ignorance or just not knowing. Often, I'm actually very like worried that my ideas are stupid or not very well thought through and I just have the feeling of having to prove myself of my worth in front of someone. It's just that I have so many ideas that I do not speak because I feel like it would be denied or against their values or unrealistic. Basically, it's just me feeling like I would be looked as stupid or ridiculous.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about the people. It's mostly their motives and their reasoning for each decision. I don't really decide based on how it would be worth to me, but I would judge based on if it was right or wrong (but that can get a bit arbitrary) or whatever speaks the most to me. Like, I am a very humanitarian person and I do want to see the greater good of change and I would think about the future implications. For example, I was accepted into an advanced school while my ISFJ best friend was in a different school. This was actually very hard for me despite my passion for sciences and technology that I would be exploring in the advanced school. So I thought about my future implications for both of them.. and I just thought that even though we'd be in different schools, that why would it matter that we couldn't see each other as often. It's like how adults would live really, that it is no different. But I also thought about how she would feel if I did go, and it just overwhelmed me a bit but when looking objectively my choice is obviously to go to the advanced school. So now, I did join the advanced school and we skype nearly everyday.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
It really depends if I'm enthusiastic about it or not or if I can reflect my personality into it. If I can, it's absolutely magical. I just have a bunch of ideas that I could put into it and it is very creative. So in the beginning, I'm all excited to do everything and I look at a whole bunch of possibilities but when I actually do start working on it, I get bored. The ideas of it is fascinating but it's just really cumbersome trying to make it come alive. I do like to have control of the outcome, but I think that there could be even more creative people than me out there, so I always pick up advice from others and try to work our ideas together. But it also frustrates me about how unenthusiastic others were with a project. I'm generally not very good with actually working on the project as I get bored easily, but I do like to be an ideas factory. Just save me the time of working on it C: (It's really boring..)

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Agh once again I hate looking at memories (ah I wish I had more of this skill to access my memories, but they're usually pretty random). Hm... Well I don't think that I can really say much. Sure I have had fun times, but there could be something even more fun. But once again it goes back to me staying up really late at night and just exploring a whole bunch of ideas with my friends where we get so involved into it and offer so many different and wide perspectives.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Well, I absolutely hate memorizing. I love the whole idea of Biology and all and doing laboratory work is fun C: (but it also can be sometimes really redundant when I already get the whole concept). But I think the whole memorization is just really boring and tiring and just pointless. (you forget it after the test!) I am actually very good at math and it's really because I understand the concept and how each variable manipulates another and if I adjust this part, then I have to adjust this part also. Etc. It's just really me looking at the big picture and visualizing how this thing works rather then a whole bunch of lists of steps and such. And for science, (I really love science) I just apply it to how I see the world and then think of where else it could apply and all of the possibilities for this concept. I would say that I'm more of a visual learner. Pictures and diagrams and reading helps me out. I absolutely suck at listening and hands-on isn't really that helpful. Can be helpful sometimes, but I usually don't need that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
If I were to tell you how my room looked, it is not very organized. But sometimes I just have a realization of "Oh wow, my room is really messy and I really need to clean up). I wouldn't say it would be that like disgusting as where there would be clothes all over the floor and rotten food (nope my mother would kill me if this did happen). But it's just things are out of place and I have water bottles everywhere etc. I don't really realize how much of a mess I am making in my room as I am cooped in here all day (yes!). But my mother absolutely hates it. Okay now that would be organization habits, but in general my whole life isn't very organized either. I'm very spontaneous although I do have a calendar to list really all my priorities and I would absolutely die of forgetfulness. I am very clumsy though.. (I'd be the most clumsiest person to meet) All in all, I am not really that organized as much as I would like to be. Not very structured but I am more free C: (and I like that).

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
New ideas are fascinating. But this actually brings me to a thought of a conversation of what I had with my friends. So my INXJ friend and ENFP friend were talking about out-of-body experiences or being able to see ghosts and et cetera. I immediately was just very indenial.. even though I do truly believe in these stuff. (I don't really think I was getting to the point but I thought that would explain something) As for new ideas, I would like to say I am very open minded but I can't absolutely guarantee that.. But I try to look at everything with a fresh mind and try not to judge. But I would try to understand the concept first to see if it makes sense with me. I research a lot and I try to grab as much information about the topic at hand so that I would think that would give me a bit insight to explore more. Sort of like the back bone or fundamentals.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I would like to focus on the individual and being divergent. Although there is a sense of beauty of belonging into a group and merging into one, I think it is fundamentally important to focus on the individual itself and how you differ. The individual is very unique and I think it would be best to embrace yourself. (I am a Type 4w5 by the way). I think self-development is also an important thing and introspection as a journey. I always try to be myself and I think my insecurity is when I don't know myself. It's just very frustrating when you don't know who you are.. or in some cases where you belong. Which is why I don't think that belonging to a given group is very harmonious. Although MBTI basically sorts us into different groups. And MBTI has helped me a lot learning about the whole theory at hand. It did lead me to being more introspective and I sometimes worry that by conforming to MBTI, that I somehow changed myself.. (maybe I changed my MBTI type through this). It just gets into a whole loop of, is this myself or am I like this because MBTI told me to be? I just don't like the whole stereotypes and I'm very against that and very against gender roles. I actually really hate gender roles as I don't think that by being in this group, we are necessarily only allowed to do this. Which also gender roles has affected me a lot as a child. I was always a sensitive boy, but my parents or aunts or uncle would conform to the idea of what "a real boy" should be. Which is why I hate how people are always "be a man". Sure I am a male, but I really hate conforming to the view of a man should be this.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always try to think before I speak, although sometimes I just let my creativity go wild without any filter. I do prefer one on one communications though as I think it goes on a deeper level than a group discussion would go with useless banter. It's very tiring actually. That is why I really like one-on-one conversations more as your attention is focused on each other. Although this is also really sucky when I don't have anything to say back C: All of my deep and personal conversations do happen in one-on-one communication so I do very much enjoy that more.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I usually like to know where I am going before I take action. It's more of a sense of security of how does this affect me? As for actions speaking louder than words, it really depends on the situation. I think that by taking action, it requires more effort that shows that you are more passionate or care for the situation more. As for words, sometimes it can speak louder. Words are more powerful than you would think. I actually really love this whole inspirational feeling after hearing these words. Which is why I watch a lot of Ted... In general, I think that action can show that you are more passionate about it. But actions cannot always prove a bigger point. Especially if it's unrealistic. Words are really powerful though which is also why I love to write.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Haha.. C: My TV shows are all on the internet. BUT I would most likely stay home. I prefer to keep my company. BUT SOMETIMES I NEED PEOPLE. It's such a dilemma. I either am like "ew people" or I'm all "I'm so alone ;_; *tears*"

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can't think. Or maybe I can. I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed. I don't really leash a temper, but I'm just all EUGH.. and I just want to be left alone. But also it is really nice when I have those who comfort me and support me through all of the negative energy I give off.. Which those are the true friends I look for.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Haha... Arrogant people. Oh and also those who are superficial. I just generally don't like people who look at life at all meaninglessly and who only care about themselves... There's a greater meaning guys and more than just sex D: But generally I try to get a long with everyone. But I really like the personalities of those who are more introspective and loving and creative and inspirational.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I always like talking about psychology, philosophy, or just reflecting on our own selves and introspective conversations. OR it can be about dreams. Dreams are truly wonderful and we spend about 1/3 of our lives dreaming. Which is frikkin amazing with what we could do, especially with lucid dreaming which we do quite frequently. In general I just like talking about what defines us and questioning societal norms. It's... just generally around the subject of reflecting.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I don't even know where to begin.. I don't think I pay attention to my surroundings really. I don't really fully absorb into the moment. And I think that's pretty common with society as we're all hooked up to technology. But technology is a beautiful thing with all the people we could meet C: I do pay attention to my future a bit. I'm not a full wide dreamer of the future, but I do day dream a lot. I mean A LOT. Sometimes I just break out into a daydream mode in class C: (I can't do that though because my reality self wants to get all A's..) Although I frequently think about alternative possibilities. So if I was riding in a car, I would sometimes imagine a car crash or something like that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends.. well they typically perceive me as intelligent, creative, kind, future-oriented, etc. They don't see me as a dreamer though. Which is funny because I dream a lot. It's more of because I understand reality really well, however I also am in touch with daydreaming. I just am not very expressive of it, but it's very noticeable as I rarely pay attention towards my surroundings in which sometimes I completely ignore what other people are saying. Inner worlds C: I want to change the world in some way. I'm pretty much a very strong advocate for equality. And instead of looking at each other in separate groups but to integrate us. OR we could see us as each different individualities instead of separating / sorting us into groups. I do want to have a powerful vision that will shape the world some how. I just don't know what it is yet.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
There are many things I bookmarked in my webbrowser C: Maybe I would like to research through them all and answer all of my curiosities. Or maybe I could actually go outside. Hm. I don't know. I don't generally like going outside, but it could be different. But in general, I would always talk to my friends. (this makes me seem like a social butterfly when I'm really not..) I just feel very comfortable around them and a sense of unity. Maybe I could draw or journal all day. Finally be able to read some of these books? OR I could TedTalk all day! :O

Thanks for reading this and I really hope you will help me out ~

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@allanzo

Hello~

From this, I can infer that you are most certainly an Fi dom. The amount of emphasis you place on individualism and values is a carbon example of Fi.

If you want to know whether you are an ISFP or INFP, you'll need to focus on whether you use the Se/Ni axis or the Ne/Si axis. It isn't really that difficult to decipher, and I can help you. The best option for doing this is to examine a picture, and then tell us about it. Can you do that?

Reactions: allanzo

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Ah, double post. I apologize.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@TelepathicGoose
I already know the cognitive functions so well. I think I use Ne as when examining a picture, my mind jogs to different tangents that relate to what I'm seeing. I can also focus on the details of the colors and the textures and what so. Is there a particular photo that you can show me? :kitteh:

I'm also not very aware of my surroundings, which could be an indicator?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@TelepathicGoose
I already know the cognitive functions so well. I think I use Ne as when examining a picture, my mind jogs to different tangents that relate to what I'm seeing. I can also focus on the details of the colors and the textures and what so. Is there a particular photo that you can show me? :kitteh:

I'm also not very aware of my surroundings, which could be an indicator?
Hmm, well that definitely sounds more INFP than ISFP to me. ISFPs are typically amazing at their surroundings, it's usually their focus point. :kitteh:

Here's a good picture to observe, tell me anything and everything you think about it:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@TelepathicGoose
My eyes first drawed towards the hands. Sort of like its gifting something religiously... The boat instantly reminded me of Life of Pi and the infinite ocean of Intestellar's water planet. It then drifted towards the trees where I thought of a isolated paradise and the word Bahamas popped up.. Then I noticed the right of the hands.. It looks like a chucky I don't even know (hahah). Then it drew towards the man on the bridge. The bridge reminded me of a place when I was young where I would jump on a bridge that shook a lot and i would fear falling. And I noticed the colors in the middle of the wrists. It's odd because it is a different texture and color.. It reminded me of the Grand Canyon. The rocks on the left hand look like a turtle. I also noticed the shadow of the ladder and the odd coloring on the hands reminded me of a rainbow. I then flipped the photo upside down. And it was a completely different picture. Sort of like the roots of a tree. This basically was what went through my mind.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But I also feel like the functions can be turned on and off. Maybe I'm actually an ISFP who is using their Ne?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@TelepathicGoose
My eyes first drawed towards the hands. Sort of like its gifting something religiously... The boat instantly reminded me of Life of Pi and the infinite ocean of Intestellar's water planet. It then drifted towards the trees where I thought of a isolated paradise and the word Bahamas popped up.. Then I noticed the right of the hands.. It looks like a chucky I don't even know (hahah). Then it drew towards the man on the bridge. The bridge reminded me of a place when I was young where I would jump on a bridge that shook a lot and i would fear falling. And I noticed the colors in the middle of the wrists. It's odd because it is a different texture and color.. It reminded me of the Grand Canyon. The rocks on the left hand look like a turtle. I also noticed the shadow of the ladder and the odd coloring on the hands reminded me of a rainbow. I then flipped the photo upside down. And it was a completely different picture. Sort of like the roots of a tree. This basically was what went through my mind.
That was extremely Ne/Si. I see a lot of Si in you, actually, because of the amount of things it reminded you of. Definitely tertiary Si, then. I have no doubt in mind, definitely INFP. :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hmm, well that definitely sounds more INFP than ISFP to me. ISFPs are typically amazing at their surroundings, it's usually their focus point. :kitteh:

Here's a good picture to observe, tell me anything and everything you think about it:

The way the trees are moving is so beautiful. I love blue especially sky blue. It is so heavenly and calm and infinite. I can feel a cool breeze which makes me chill and laugh. Its tickling me. The hand seems to symbolize the hands of nature and how nature can break all the oceans and walls to create this place we live in. And maybe it is shaped like that to stream an energy beam to the skies for other worlds to know that we exist. But also its too calm, which is worrying. Maybe there is a storm coming. while we enjoy this beauty, chaos on its way. I just want to be there and breathe and laugh and dance. No one to judge me. Its mine.

Do I sound like an ISFP or INFP?

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The way the trees are moving is so beautiful. I love blue especially sky blue. It is so heavenly and calm and infinite. I can feel a cool breeze which makes me chill and laugh. Its tickling me. The hand seems to symbolize the hands of nature and how nature can break all the oceans and walls to create this place we live in. And maybe it is shaped like that to stream an energy beam to the skies for other worlds to know that we exist. But also its too calm, which is worrying. Maybe there is a storm coming. while we enjoy this beauty, chaos on its way. I just want to be there and breathe and laugh and dance. No one to judge me. Its mine.

I don't know.. your way of thinking was really odd :kitteh: I didn't really notice the way the trees move. You seem to list out your 5 senses and also use your Ni, about what each symbolizes. So I would say ISFP but I'm not very good at judging this. Your thought process was quite different than mine :)

Reactions: KevinHeaven

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

That seems more ISFP. You seem to have pretty well developed Ni as well as Se, which could, of course, be due to the fact that ISFPs have tertiary Ni, and tertiary functions tend to be pretty well developed.

Instead of comparing it to things or generating ideas, like @allanzo and I do, you tend to just enjoy the senses, and maybe come up with what the things symbolize. This is very much Se/Ni. :)

I'd definitely say ISFP.

Reactions: KevinHeaven

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@liki_laki I could've sworn there was going to be a freaky pop up. Haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You sound like an infp to me. I'm also an infp. I struggled, like you, on my type for a good while. I would research and try to figure out each function and how it applied to my life. The thing about Ne is you can see perspectives and relate to all so I was confusing myself. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say mbti tells you how to be. I felt that way too. Infp's are not good with Ti and that analysis and defining thing can feel restrictive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@mimi.lynelle Thanks! I have noticed a pattern where people struggle with their auxiliary functions (IxFP). The auxiliary function usually begins developing around the pubescent age so learning how to utilize the function could be the a-ha moment.

Oh and I am planning to take the official MBTI assessment in the future just to be positive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed while my ne developed I really began to utilize it. I became very outgoing because it was all so new to me and wanted to see where every possibilty lead. Im not so much like that at 24. I love possibilities and new ideas, but I find myself compairing them to my past experiences and how those made me feel. I then compare that to how i feel about the situation at hand. Id say my si is definitely developing. Sound similar to you? That's how I decided I was infp. Through the fi si loop.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@mimi.lynelle My memory is very bad but I am very nostalgic. I get flashes of memories when I'm in a down mood or when I'm really trying to access it. I was never really fully absorbed into my surroundings and I do love possibilities and new ideas. With MBTI I constantly question myself by creating a bigger and bigger hole with more open ended questions and variables (Ne) and I try to access my past to see if I fit with how I am now (Si). It ends up becoming a loop of me trying to access the past and more questions being asked. I'm not completely sure if I do use Ne a lot though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My memory is also not great. My sister is always remebering specific events in the past. She remembers what I said and did. I dont. I dont have a clue what she's even talking about. I remeber events by how they made me feel. If I feel like that again it can trigger a memory.

I did exactly what youve been doing when trying to figure out my peraonality type. I let my ne run wild and it was confusing. I know exactly what you're talking about. I also thought i was isfp because my writing is symbolic. I dont write about a concrete experience or event though. One idea just sort of flows into the next. Im using my ne while that happens.

I use my ne all the time though. If im stuck thinking about something a certain way, I go talk to others so I can get some new ideas and incorporate those into my own as I see fit. I use ne when I talk to anyone, really. They'll say something and it'll remind me of this which will remind me of that. Im always making connections.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@mimi.lynelle Exactly! My mother thought I was purposely ignoring her when I just really didn't hear her. I also agree that rather than visual images and sensory details, the events based on how I was feeling creates a flash back. I actually did let my "Ne" run wild, and people thought that I was a bit weird as I was a lot more playful. At the same time it felt more natural as it's exactly what is going on in my brain. The main problem with the whole sensing and intuitive dichotomy was that I guess I can see myself on both sides, but I relate to Ne more than Se.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts