Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, thank you for taking the time to read this. :kitteh:

My personality type is likely INxJ. However, I am unsure as to the auxiliary function that I use more or if I am looking at this from the wrong angle.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am rather comfortable with Extroverted and Introverted Intuition and I can pretty easily change my mode of thinking to pass as an ENTP, INTP, INTJ or INFJ. Here's the little problem... I'm not really all that serious most of the time which makes INTJ seem off. I might say xNTP; but I loath non-stop silly foolishness with no real point. I really do not care that much about people around me naturally, but at the same time I do if someone is being unfair or hurting someone smaller than them or innocent (I would say this is a more natural human trait so would probably be rather irrelevant).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to learn the secrets of the universe, discover just what is going on behind the scenes, develop myself and learn what secrets the archetypes of human life holds. In other words: I want to know.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
'

I feel my finest when I am explaining and helping someone understand something that was previously outside of their consciousness. Or when I am having "Ni" moments where I can just speak and write without thinking and put out things I normally would not be capable of.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I am told that I am not wanted somewhere.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I really try to take in as much as possible. It tends to be based on outcome, how it would effect things and people. I try to balance my thoughts and feelings in most choices that require it. Although, much of the time I just decide based on intuition.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

It depends on what the project is, but I usually focus on making sure all the details are perfect. I also like to think about how it reflects me in making it, how others will see it, how well it works. Of course these very greatly based on the project.

I sometimes like to have control over the outcome of a project, but it really depends on what type of project.

If it was an art or design project I would definably unless the others who wanted to change the outcome were really good at what they do.

In a project that has to do with something I don't care for... I well don't care...

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It would depend on what is defined as fun... Generally when I "have fun" I am not really happy, just entertained.

I do really enjoy when I can have a really interesting conversation with someone.
:kitteh:

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I'm more prone to want to know all about it if I'm interested and find out how it works and think about ways that I could use it practically. I also am one that might remember "facts" for the sake of throwing them around for sake of an argument.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am extremely organized and minimalistic. I cannot stand to be in a mess...

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. An idea that has no supporting information will always loose to one that does. An idea that has information, but is misunderstood is also much less useful that one that is understood. Personally I tend to get new ideas from judging and synthesizing information and applying principles to that work in other places. In general principles tend to repeat over and over again throughout life, so choosing only one way of working with or judging ideas is only seeing one side of the coin.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I tend to find harmony in keeping balance in everything. Which can mean hurt in a group or persona context if that is what keeps the balance of things.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking unless I get really into a group mind. When I do I speak without thinking a quite often.

It doesn't matter. But, it tends to be one on one since groups tend to be mostly filled with very uninteresting people in terms of being not able to work with anything outside of their single chosen perspective.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I am jumping.

I think action does speak louder than words. It is very easy to say you can jump 8 feet in the air, but not really so easy to carry out.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I really do not like TV so let me just think of this as a book I wanted to read.

I would probably stay home unless the thing they said sounded like something I would like to do. Also, if that thing takes a lot of energy probably not unless I'm in an adventurous mood.
:laughing:

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I tend to snap at people and get very critical if the stress is too much. Also, I would probably suddenly get a lot of things done that I had been putting off (Like clean everything in sight or finish random tiny things I need to do).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When they're irrational, manipulative, needlessly hurtful or just closed off to any ideas except their own "truth."

The most annoying is the whole "It's culturally accepted by everyone so its true."

People that hurt little puppies are going to get my bad side. :angry:

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything outside of the standard things people are supposed to talk about.

Taboos, new ways of thinking, new ideas, new methods, etc.

Note: At the the same time it must be meaningful and not just pointless ramblings.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

My amazing friends, things that I like to read, at the moment money and business as build my source of income, beautiful things, interesting different things beautiful music, ideas and really anything that I could learn form.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

It depends on which friends. My closest friends might say I'm kind, fun, loving, playful, thinking, knowledgeable and such. I tend to like to talk about new things with them. That seems to be pretty correct.

Other people that don't know me as well may think I'm more rude, nice or weird than I really am.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Honestly, I would probably just read and talk to my close friends about whatever comes up. Maybe go build something or do something interesting with them.

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hmm...probably some sort of NTJ. I don't see NTP in you, because you're very organized and don't like pointless goofing off. You don't reek Ne either.

Reactions: Aer and aendern

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very goofy around goofy people (I have a lot of goofy fun with ENFP friends of mine). And can get very Ne-ish... But, afterwords I realize I really dislike all the Ne-ishness if it was overdone.

Also, if it is between INTJ and ENTJ than I would say INTJ without a doubt vs ENTJ.

The problem is though... I can become a very legit INFJ or INTJ or INTP or ENTP or INFP very easily... To the point even I believe it. Of course there is still cognition behind it, but it is hard to pinpoint for me. But, I might go so far as to say it is like I can use Fe or Te as my aux function based on I set value on and believe is right. And of course since they conflict using Te would make me use more Fi and using Fe would Ti.

Thank you for the kind help! :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I don't see any Ne in your post. You're very hands on, so I sincerely doubt you're intuitive. You do show signs of Fe though.

My guess would be ESTP, possible ESTJ.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Honestly, I kind of agree with Fried Eggz. You seem ISTJish to me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see any Ne in your post. You're very hands on, so I sincerely doubt you're intuitive. You do show signs of Fe though.

My guess would be ESTP, possible ESTJ.
Haha... I was just telling one of my friends how MBTI tests cant be trusted using the example of how I got ESTJ and ESTP before...

Also, I am curious to know how I could be either ESTP or ESTJ could be seen as similar in regards to thinking.... (This is a sarcastic trap don't actually answer this) :kitteh:

^ The irony is that if you knew me in person... I am mostly intuitive and struggle with introverted sensing the most.

Its official! I'm an STJs now @allanzo :D *Sarcasm*

Honestly, I kind of agree with Fried Eggz. You seem ISTJish to me.
Sensory types are generally focused on the world of sensation and its relation to them. Intuitive thinking types tend to view the world though a reference of the subconscious and intuitive aspects of the psyche. In terms of reference, I'm rather forced to be more down to earth in terms of being able to not end up with a sucky life. On the other hand... As I said... If I had a high in introverted sensation would I not base my world around the past? (If it has not been known I am basically the type that throws out their entire music collection because I want new music since the old has become way too repetitive. I dislike movies because the story lines are way too simple and alike to almost every movie, while at the same time being full of CGI to get the sensors all like. :crazy:)
While I see the value of tradition I personally cannot stand to do something just because we did. I tend to see right though things and was able to comprehend high level philosophy at a very young age. I make stupid mistakes because I miss little details. Blablabla

^ You get the point STJs are nice because they get stuff done that I dont want to do myself. But I am not one of them.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts

I am rather comfortable with Extroverted and Introverted Intuition and I can pretty easily change my mode of thinking to pass as an ENTP, INTP, INTJ or INFJ. This is rubbish. You're going based on stereotypes. :/ Here's the little problem... I'm not really all that serious most of the time which makes INTJ seem off. I might say xNTP; but I loath non-stop silly foolishness with no real point. This seems a J attitude. I really do not care that much about people around me naturally, but at the same time I do if someone is being unfair or hurting someone smaller than them or innocent (I would say this is a more natural human trait so would probably be rather irrelevant). I would assume from this that you didn't prefer Fe.

I want to learn the secrets of the universe, discover just what is going on behind the scenes, develop myself and learn what secrets the archetypes of human life holds. In other words: I want to know. I would not expect this answer from a Te preferrer. This seems like INTP or INFJ.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
'

I feel my finest when I am explaining and helping someone understand something that was previously outside of their consciousness. Or when I am having "Ni" moments where I can just speak and write without thinking and put out things I normally would not be capable of. Feeling your best when helping others seems quite Fe. Maybe you could be INFJ.

When I am told that I am not wanted somewhere. That sounds like type 2 enneagram which is likely to be an Fe preferrer. But I have also heard INFPs saying things like this, too. No doubt it's a Feeling answer.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I really try to take in as much as possible. It tends to be based on outcome, how it would effect things and people. I try to balance my thoughts and feelings in most choices that require it. Although, much of the time I just decide based on intuition. I could see an INFJ answering this way. I would have expected quite a better answer than this from a Te preferrer. Certainly an Ni/Te. This was a very non-answer answer, which Ti is great at.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

It depends on what the project is, but I usually focus on making sure all the details are perfect. I also like to think about how it reflects me in making it, how others will see it, how well it works. Of course these very greatly based on the project. Reflects you in making it? Because you want to stay true-to-self or because you don't want to make yourself look bad? Anyway, it seems like an Fe answer to me based on "how others will see it."

I sometimes like to have control over the outcome of a project, but it really depends on what type of project. This is quite J and could even signal Je dom.

If it was an art or design project I would definably unless the others who wanted to change the outcome were really good at what they do.

In a project that has to do with something I don't care for... I well don't care...

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I'm more prone to want to know all about it if I'm interested and find out how it works and think about ways that I could use it practically. I also am one that might remember "facts" for the sake of throwing them around for sake of an argument. That's quite a Ti answer. Wanting to deeply understand a topic of interest--know everything about it. Quite non-Te.

I am extremely organized and minimalistic. I cannot stand to be in a mess...
Now you're seeming very SJ.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. An idea that has no supporting information will always loose to one that does. An idea that has information, but is misunderstood is also much less useful that one that is understood. Personally I tend to get new ideas from judging and synthesizing information and applying principles to that work in other places. In general principles tend to repeat over and over again throughout life, so choosing only one way of working with or judging ideas is only seeing one side of the coin.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I tend to find harmony in keeping balance in everything. Which can mean hurt in a group or persona context if that is what keeps the balance of things.
Another bad, non-committal answer, really.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking unless I get really into a group mind. When I do I speak without thinking a quite often. A group mind? That sounds so Fe.

I think action does speak louder than words. It is very easy to say you can jump 8 feet in the air, but not really so easy to carry out. This could be a poorly-thought-out answer, or it could be a sensor preference.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I really do not like TV so let me just think of this as a book I wanted to read.

I would probably stay home unless the thing they said sounded like something I would like to do. Also, if that thing takes a lot of energy probably not unless I'm in an adventurous mood.
:laughing: This looks like an Fi answer. And a non- type 2 answer. And an introverted answer.

I tend to snap at people and get very critical if the stress is too much. Also, I would probably suddenly get a lot of things done that I had been putting off (Like clean everything in sight or finish random tiny things I need to do).This is a telling answer!! Maybe. So snapping under stress is typical F preference. you see this with Fe doms and with Fi doms. Compulsive cleaning under stress could be Si inferior. In this case I think it probably is not at all since you mentioned you were putting it off. Which makes me think 1) you're either a maid, or 2) you're an SJ.

When they're irrational, manipulative, needlessly hurtful or just closed off to any ideas except their own "truth." This is such a Feeling answer.

The most annoying is the whole "It's culturally accepted by everyone so its true." Now THAT'S an Fi answer.

People that hurt little puppies are going to get my bad side. :angry:
One could argue this is also Fi.

Anything outside of the standard things people are supposed to talk about. You seem to have something against Fe while simultaneously being an Fe preferrer. This is so weird.

Note: At the the same time it must be meaningful and not just pointless ramblings.
This is of course a J preference.

My amazing friends, things that I like to read, at the moment money and business as build my source of income, beautiful things, interesting different things beautiful music, ideas and really anything that I could learn form.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

It depends on which friends. My closest friends might say I'm kind, fun, loving, playful, thinking, knowledgeable and such. I tend to like to talk about new things with them. That seems to be pretty correct.

Other people that don't know me as well may think I'm more rude, nice or weird than I really am.

Those are my thoughts.

Haha... I was just telling one of my friends how MBTI tests cant be trusted using the example of how I got ESTJ and ESTP before...

Also, I am curious to know how I could be either ESTP or ESTJ could be seen as similar in regards to thinking.... (This is a sarcastic trap don't actually answer this) :kitteh:

^ The irony is that if you knew me in person... I am mostly intuitive and struggle with introverted sensing the most. I find this hard to believe based on your answers, but I'll try to take your word for it.

Sensory types are generally focused on the world of sensation and its relation to them. Intuitive thinking types tend to view the world though a reference of the subconscious and intuitive aspects of the psyche. In terms of reference, I'm rather forced to be more down to earth in terms of being able to not end up with a sucky life. Um.. what? That seems to be rather SJ, no? On the other hand... As I said... If I had a high in introverted sensation would I not base my world around the past? Maybe you do and don't realize it. (If it has not been known I am basically the type that throws out their entire music collection because I want new music since the old has become way too repetitive. There was a time when I used to think that this might have been unrepresentative of an SJ, but actually now I think the opposite. You should seriously check YouTube for organizing videos. SJs throw stuff out like it's nobody's business. NJs let shit pile up and never even notice it. You seem from your answers to be quite the opposite. I dislike movies because the story lines are way too simple and alike to almost every movie, while at the same time being full of CGI to get the sensors all like. This is starting to seem like an Fi preference.
While I see the value of tradition I personally cannot stand to do something just because we did. Lots of SJs would agree with you. I personally cannot. I see no value in traditions. And tradition is more Fe than it is SJ in the mainstream sense of the word "tradition." SJ is more traditional in its values, its comfort, its information, its decision-making. It's not like "omg we have to cut the cake at 11:11 the same way every year!!1" that's Fe. SJ is like "what is the reasonable, tried-and-true way of doing something?"
Example A:

SJs love to throw crap out that is no longer serving its purpose anymore.

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If I had a high in introverted sensation would I not base my world around the past?
No. That's a simple-minded stereotype that ISTJs hate. I'm going to say with some confidence that you know absolutely nothing about Carl Jung's cognitive functions. You do come across as a strong sensing type. One that's highly ignorant of what sensers are capable of.

^ You get the point STJs are nice because they get stuff done that I dont want to do myself. But I am not one of them.
There isn't really much point in continuing this thread if you don't want to know your real type. You might as well choose a type for yourself and be done with it.

Reactions: aendern

·
Registered
247 Posts
On the other hand... As I said... If I had a high in introverted sensation would I not base my world around the past? (If it has not been known I am basically the type that throws out their entire music collection because I want new music since the old has become way too repetitive. I dislike movies because the story lines are way too simple and alike to almost every movie, while at the same time being full of CGI to get the sensors all like.
I agree that you're an intuitive, and an INxJ. There seems to be a tendency to type people as Sensors just because they don't go off on Fi or Ne tangents about imagination and the Wonder of the Universe. I suspect it's an artifact of a) the NJ's desire to *answer the question* clearly and concisely, exactly as posed, with no redundant or irrelevant information; b) of an INJ's desire to keep their inner world hidden; and c) the fact that the test asks "description" questions--describe your feelings, your memory--instead of more philosophical questions. NJs are wicked good at description, and, specifically, at paring down complex ideas and descriptions to the bare minimum necessary for understanding (and NJs are often used to expressing themselves for Sensors).

I get more of an INTJ vibe from you--the things that set off your Fe are things that *most* humans would get upset by, and I would expect an Fe to be more hypersensitive. I would bet that your Fi doesn't come out in your writing because it's deep, deep in there. Some Ni descriptions emphasize Ni's ability to "try on" different ideas and personas, which would make it easy to game tests and present yourself differently as the situation calls for. I'm not entirely convinced that's an Ni trait, but try poking around Google for various ideas of what Ni might be and see what you think. Ni-Te could manifest as a sensitivity to what the most advantageous behavior in a given situation might be. People think this is an Fe thing, but keen observations of social behavior can, in principle, mimic Fe, if the INTJ decides that such observations are worthwhile.

Your goal-directedness (having trouble relaxing or having fun unless it's meaningful--I bet you feel the sense that you should be doing something more productive, more in line with your vision for the future?) also suggests Ni at work. You might still be an Fe-user of some kind though--try to be honest with yourself about the extent to which other peoples' opinion of you affects your behavior. Particularly since you value the image of yourself as independent, you may trick yourself into believing you're thinking when, really, you're fighting this overwhelming tide of other people's emotions coming at you and trying to assert yourself against that.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I agree that you're an intuitive, and an INxJ.
Why?

There seems to be a tendency to type people as Sensors just because they don't go off on Fi or Ne tangents about imagination and the Wonder of the Universe.
Fi has nothing to do with it ? There are ENFJs, INFJs, ENTPs, INTPs. It really has more to do with her seeming to have a sensor preference. Not her apparent lack of an Ne preference.

I suspect it's an artifact of a) the NJ's desire to *answer the question* clearly and concisely, exactly as posed, with no redundant or irrelevant information
That has nothing to do with NJ. That's a general Te preference.

b) of an INJ's desire to keep their inner world hidden;
This is an introverted desire. This is not INJ-specific.

I would bet that your Fi doesn't come out in your writing because it's deep, deep in there.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever :rolleyes:

Some Ni descriptions emphasize Ni's ability to "try on" different ideas and personas, which would make it easy to game tests and present yourself differently as the situation calls for. I'm not entirely convinced that's an Ni trait, but try poking around Google for various ideas of what Ni might be and see what you think.
Type descriptions are the worst way to go about it. They're the #1 source of her confusion.

Ni-Te could manifest as a sensitivity to what the most advantageous behavior in a given situation might be.
Yes.

People think this is an Fe thing,
No they don't.

but keen observations of social behavior can, in principle, mimic Fe, if the INTJ decides that such observations are worthwhile.
Sure.

Your goal-directedness (having trouble relaxing or having fun unless it's meaningful--I bet you feel the sense that you should be doing something more productive, more in line with your vision for the future?) also suggests Ni at work.
This is a J trait. The words you put in her mouth are Ni, sure, but the preference of being productive is J.

You might still be an Fe-user of some kind though--try to be honest with yourself about the extent to which other peoples' opinion of you affects your behavior. Particularly since you value the image of yourself as independent, you may trick yourself into believing you're thinking when, really, you're fighting this overwhelming tide of other people's emotions coming at you and trying to assert yourself against that.
That's what it seems like to me, too.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life[/B]

I think you misread this question.

Overall I'm getting STJ vibes. ESTP could be possible, but I see alot of J.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
There seems to be a tendency to type people as Sensors just because they don't go off on Fi or Ne tangents about imagination and the Wonder of the Universe.
No. I can't speak for emberfly, but personally I've been studying Jungian typology for years. It's you that seems to be making everything up as you go along.

I suspect it's an artifact of a) the NJ's desire to *answer the question* clearly and concisely, exactly as posed, with no redundant or irrelevant information
That's a sensing trait. Sensers don't cope with ambiguity very well. Intuitives are NOT clear and concise unless they really work hard at it. The reason Ns seem 'clear and concise' is because 99% of the sensers on this forum are wearing an intuitive label.

NJs are wicked good at description, and, specifically, at paring down complex ideas and descriptions to the bare minimum necessary for understanding (and NJs are often used to expressing themselves for Sensors).
No they're not. Ni users are notorious for struggling to express their opinions at all, because their thought process is almost entirely made up of semi-conscious pictures. That's Carl Jung description of intuition's work in the mind; abstract mental pictures.

Ni-Te could manifest as a sensitivity to what the most advantageous behavior in a given situation might be.
That would be Se.

Do you follow the absurd stereotypical idea that everything smart you can ever do is an NTJ trait?

People think this is an Fe thing, but keen observations of social behavior can, in principle, mimic Fe, if the INTJ decides that such observations are worthwhile.
INTJs do not pay attention to Fe in any way. Fi has its own form of behavioural modification.

Your goal-directedness (having trouble relaxing or having fun unless it's meaningful--I bet you feel the sense that you should be doing something more productive, more in line with your vision for the future?) also suggests Ni at work.
Seriously?! Se is the living-in-the-moment function! They are the ones who can't waste time!

Ne, and intuition in general, are the types who can waste time on purposeless pursuits. Se must always have a purpose.

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by Bathilda View Post
I agree that you're an intuitive, and an INxJ.
Why?
I tend to accept self-evaluations on this unless there is strong evidence to doubt them. The reason for this, like you, I think type descriptions and trait theories are more confusing than helpful, and I, as an outside observer, have very limited access to things that might allow us to pinpoint a dominant introverted function. The OP believes they are N, I see no overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Nope.
This would turn into endless thread-linking. Let me rephrase: I have seen examples in which the failure to express *stereotypical* N sentiments has led to the conclusion that this person is a Sensor. This seems incoherent in introverted people, in which the dominant function is necessarily filtered through the auxiliary function, which may produce a written text according to conventions that mediate the expression of the dominant.

That has nothing to do with NJ.
I agree that there is no way to deduce these traits from cognitive functions.

b) of an INJ's desire to keep their inner world hidden;
This is an introverted desire. This is not INJ-specific.
Granted.

I would bet that your Fi doesn't come out in your writing because it's deep, deep in there.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
If INTJ, Ni>Te>Fi>Se. It takes a lot of effort (and training) for an INTJ to express Fi in writing.

Some Ni descriptions emphasize Ni's ability to "try on" different ideas and personas, which would make it easy to game tests and present yourself differently as the situation calls for. I'm not entirely convinced that's an Ni trait, but try poking around Google for various ideas of what Ni might be and see what you think.
Type descriptions are the worst way to go about it. They're the #1 source of her confusion.
Agreed. I'm not talking about type descriptions, but function descriptions. If we deny that even the *functions* can be defined or described, why bother? But, obviously, descriptions of the functions are as open to interpretation as descriptions of type, so it's important for someone trying to discover their type to get clear on the definition of the functions which they see as most adequate. Do you disagree?

People think this is an Fe thing,
No they don't.
...Fe is classically (we can say stereotypically) associated with knowing how to act in a given situation. Hence the stereotype of INTJs as jerks. Obviously I don't endorse the stereotype, I'm just pointing it out.

This is a J trait. The words you put in her mouth are Ni, sure, but the preference of being productive is J.
Now I'm confused. If we're going by functions and not by type descriptions, it's incoherent to say it's a "J" trait. J doesn't have traits. It's certainly correct to say these are traits that we can ascribe to J's in general, but it's also present in some interpretations of introverted intuition, which overlays a vision of an ideal world onto present perceptions and behavior. I agree a lot of function combinations yield this trait and it's insufficient evidence for saying Ni-dom.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I think you misread this question.
OH MY GOD. I didn't even notice that :laughing:

That's so funny if you go back and read it omg.

Okay that was way more funny than it should have been.

Reactions: Blue Soul

·
Registered
247 Posts
No. I can't speak for emberfly, but personally I've been studying Jungian typology for years. It's you that seems to be making everything up as you go along.
My sincere apologies. I hadn't realized that you had cleared up every ambiguity in Jung's system and discovered the true essence of all the functions. You saved us all a lot of time.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
My sincere apologies. I hadn't realized that you had cleared up every ambiguity in Jung's system and discovered the true essence of all the functions. You saved us all a lot of time.
Have you seen Michael Pierce's videos? He actually has done quite an extraordinary job of clarifying Jung's functions. His videos are seriously the best I've ever seen on the subject of Jung and Psychological Types.

Reactions: Bathilda

·
Registered
247 Posts
Have you seen Michael Pierce's videos? He actually has done quite an extraordinary job of clarifying Jung's functions. His videos are seriously the best I've ever seen on the subject of Jung and Psychological Types.
I haven't! Thank you--I'll check them out. I'm struggling to understand Si; something is rotten in the way Jung's rich account of it has degenerated into conservative clinging onto the past.
@Aer--sorry for the small hijack! Given what @emberfly and @Fried Eggz have said, I think INFJ might be a good fit for you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I am rather comfortable with Extroverted and Introverted Intuition and I can pretty easily change my mode of thinking to pass as an ENTP, INTP, INTJ or INFJ. This is rubbish. You're going based on stereotypes. :/ Here's the little problem... I'm not really all that serious most of the time which makes INTJ seem off. I might say xNTP; but I loath non-stop silly foolishness with no real point. This seems a J attitude. I really do not care that much about people around me naturally, but at the same time I do if someone is being unfair or hurting someone smaller than them or innocent (I would say this is a more natural human trait so would probably be rather irrelevant). I would assume from this that you didn't prefer Fe.

I had a very light case of disassociate identity disorder when I was younger which I leveraged in my favor because I realized that each state or mode of being are based in different bits of identities. This of course is rubbish based on your perspective if you do not have experience with messing with ego identity.

I want to learn the secrets of the universe, discover just what is going on behind the scenes, develop myself and learn what secrets the archetypes of human life holds. In other words: I want to know. I would not expect this answer from a Te preferrer. This seems like INTP or INFJ.

Tisk tisk no stereotypes

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.'

I feel my finest when I am explaining and helping someone understand something that was previously outside of their consciousness. Or when I am having "Ni" moments where I can just speak and write without thinking and put out things I normally would not be capable of. Feeling your best when helping others seems quite Fe. Maybe you could be INFJ.

Jung in Psychological types explains that Ni does in general have this more or less depending how in-tune they are with their subconscious. This is more likely in INFJs because Fe is a judging function that works in the same sphere as intuition and the subconscious. Te judges based on the sphere of sensory experience and is thus less likely to really embrace anything outside of the that sensory sphere.

When I am told that I am not wanted somewhere. That sounds like type 2 enneagram which is likely to be an Fe preferrer. But I have also heard INFPs saying things like this, too. No doubt it's a Feeling answer.

I should clarify and say if someone I am very close to. If someone that is not really close doesn’t want me I don’t really care to waste my energy on them either.

I really try to take in as much as possible. It tends to be based on outcome, how it would effect things and people. I try to balance my thoughts and feelings in most choices that require it. Although, much of the time I just decide based on intuition. I could see an INFJ answering this way. I would have expected quite a better answer than this from a Te preferrer. Certainly an Ni/Te. This was a very non-answer answer, which Ti is great at.

Better is subjective.

It depends on what the project is, but I usually focus on making sure all the details are perfect. I also like to think about how it reflects me in making it, how others will see it, how well it works. Of course these very greatly based on the project. Reflects you in making it? Because you want to stay true-to-self or because you don't want to make yourself look bad? Anyway, it seems like an Fe answer to me based on "how others will see it."

To clarify I mean I would have a hard time just doing something to do it. I prefer to make something the best I can make it and express creativity. It isn’t so much about me as I don't want to put something that is not excellent in my standards into the world.

I sometimes like to have control over the outcome of a project, but it really depends on what type of project. This is quite J and could even signal Je dom.

I'm more prone to want to know all about it if I'm interested and find out how it works and think about ways that I could use it practically. I also am one that might remember "facts" for the sake of throwing them around for sake of an argument. That's quite a Ti answer. Wanting to deeply understand a topic of interest--know everything about it. Quite non-Te.

I would actually not say so. I would say anyone that takes “facts” in without understanding are just being ignorant. Much of the time both sides just accept “facts” based on them being facts and not checking the reasoning or research behind these “facts.”

I am extremely organized and minimalistic. I cannot stand to be in a mess...Now you're seeming very SJ.

Disorganization and mess are in my opinion inefficient and make for a mental mess. ( I should also note I come from a neat freak family and love my ISTJ sister who taught me how to not to live in a pig slob )

This place was intentionally left blank!

I tend to find harmony in keeping balance in everything. Which can mean hurt in a group or persona context if that is what keeps the balance of things. Another bad, non-committal answer, really.

Let me try to clarify. I find the harmony of things resets on both the positive and negative being in equilibrium. I prefer to do what is needed to keep that equilibrium.

I think before speaking unless I get really into a group mind. When I do I speak without thinking a quite often. A group mind? That sounds so Fe.

Group mind is a term that refers to when a group loses themselves inside of another group. It does not depend on Fi or Fe but rather if values and such aline with that group. It is however probably more conscious in feelers while more subconscious in thinkers.

I think action does speak louder than words. It is very easy to say you can jump 8 feet in the air, but not really so easy to carry out. This could be a poorly-thought-out answer, or it could be a sensor preference.

I am really bad with communication of my ideas unfortunately… (Working on it!)
I meant this as in if you you say you can do something it means nothing.
If you show me you can do something it means a little more because actually doing things is much harder than saying you can do those things.

I would probably stay home unless the thing they said sounded like something I would like to do. Also, if that thing takes a lot of energy probably not unless I'm in an adventurous mood. This looks like an Fi answer. And a non- type 2 answer. And an introverted answer.

~ I agree ~

I tend to snap at people and get very critical if the stress is too much. Also, I would probably suddenly get a lot of things done that I had been putting off (Like clean everything in sight or finish random tiny things I need to do).This is a telling answer!! Maybe. So snapping under stress is typical F preference. you see this with Fe doms and with Fi doms. Compulsive cleaning under stress could be Si inferior. In this case I think it probably is not at all since you mentioned you were putting it off. Which makes me think 1) you're either a maid, or 2) you're an SJ.

Note: Cleaning can also mean mental cleaning.

It is more like I get to a point where my head wont stop thinking so I go do some physically mundane tasks like organizing to get my mind off the (usually pointless) thoughts that go on and on.

When they're irrational, manipulative, needlessly hurtful or just closed off to any ideas except their own "truth." This is such a Feeling answer.

The most annoying is the whole "It's culturally accepted by everyone so its true." Now THAT'S an Fi answer.

People that hurt little puppies are going to get my bad side. One could argue this is also Fi.

Haha… Yay?

Anything outside of the standard things people are supposed to talk about. You seem to have something against Fe while simultaneously being an Fe preferrer. This is so weird.

Note: At the the same time it must be meaningful and not just pointless ramblings.This is of course a J preference.

That is kind of what I’m saying… I can fall into either Fe or Fi thinking and each becomes my “reality” in a sense which has made both Fi and Fe to become pretty developed and valued on and off.

Those are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aer View Post

Also, I am curious to know how I could be either ESTP or ESTJ could be seen as similar in regards to thinking.... (This is a sarcastic trap don't actually answer this)

^ The irony is that if you knew me in person... I am mostly intuitive and struggle with introverted sensing the most. I find this hard to believe based on your answers, but I'll try to take your word for it.

Sensory types are generally focused on the world of sensation and its relation to them. Intuitive thinking types tend to view the world though a reference of the subconscious and intuitive aspects of the psyche. In terms of reference, I'm rather forced to be more down to earth in terms of being able to not end up with a sucky life. Um.. what? That seems to be rather SJ, no? On the other hand... As I said... If I had a high in introverted sensation would I not base my world around the past? Maybe you do and don't realize it. (If it has not been known I am basically the type that throws out their entire music collection because I want new music since the old has become way too repetitive. There was a time when I used to think that this might have been unrepresentative of an SJ, but actually now I think the opposite. You should seriously check YouTube for organizing videos. SJs throw stuff out like it's nobody's business. NJs let shit pile up and never even notice it. You seem from your answers to be quite the opposite. I dislike movies because the story lines are way too simple and alike to almost every movie, while at the same time being full of CGI to get the sensors all like. This is starting to seem like an Fi preference.
While I see the value of tradition I personally cannot stand to do something just because we did. Lots of SJs would agree with you. I personally cannot. I see no value in traditions. And tradition is more Fe than it is SJ in the mainstream sense of the word "tradition." SJ is more traditional in its values, its comfort, its information, its decision-making. It's not like "omg we have to cut the cake at 11:11 the same way every year!!1" that's Fe. SJ is like "what is the reasonable, tried-and-true way of doing something?

SJs love to throw crap out that is no longer serving its purpose anymore.

(I used to be a classic NT in terms of always letting things pile up until I realized how much it kept me stuck to the stuff so I just threw it all away and have basically been a minimalist ever since.

Again I should mention my family is mostly made up of SJs so that could explain any SJ preference I have.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No. That's a simple-minded stereotype that ISTJs hate. I'm going to say with some confidence that you know absolutely nothing about Carl Jung's cognitive functions. You do come across as a strong sensing type. One that's highly ignorant of what sensers are capable of.

There isn't really much point in continuing this thread if you don't want to know your real type. You might as well choose a type for yourself and be done with it.

*Asks the great Fried Eggz for his Jungian wisdom and how much he actually knows about Analytical Psychology...

<3 Sorry for making you all upset

1 - 20 of 43 Posts