Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm still trying to figure out what my type is. I would like to find out once and for all what I am. Here's the questionaire that I filled out. I tried to elaborate on things as much as I could.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm pretty confused about whether I am intuitive or sensing. Most of the time I get nagging feelings in the back of my mind. Most of the time I see how something really is or what is really happening, but I don't talk about it until someone else says the same thing or when it actually happens and I'll say "I knew it" or "That's what I was thinking". In the end these hunches are almost always right. I also live in my head and spend most of my time daydreaming (I am an avid daydreamer) and make up elaborate characters and worlds in my head and can keep myself entertained for a while. I also often think about what things really mean. I am very good at reading people and I can figure out whether someone truly means what they say and understand how they are feeling and why they feel that way.

I also have a good memory and can remember things from the past. My parent's tell me how my brain is like a sponge and how I am good for remembering what year something happened. But I cannot remember the smaller details like what specific date or what someone was wearing etc...In my spare time I do like to take walks. I love taking walks around nature and seeing beautiful natural scenery. I like to look at pictures of nature and cities and things like that also. I also enjoy food, looking at art and listening to music.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
In life I yearn for deep and meaningful relationships and a sense of belonging. I have always felt alone and misunderstood most of my life. I never really fit in and it made me feel like I was an alien. I was always bullied and ostracized and over time became anxious around people. I just want to know that I am accepted by someone. I want to be in a romantic relationship with someone who understands and loves me for who I am and to have someone to give love to. I would also want to do something that will impact society and change the world in some way. I want to make some kind of a difference in the world, inspire people and leave something behind that future generations would remember me for. I want to have a sense of purpose, accomplishment and fulfillment and feel like my life actually means something. I'm still struggling to figure out what I was meant to do and who I was meant to be in this life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I think I was at my finest when I was a kid and adolescent. I had so much energy, passion and motivation which I struggle to find now. I was a dreamer with a vivid imagination and actually had a lot of creative hobbies that I was involved in. My brother and I would play make believe and put together imaginary newscasts, and radio shows. I would also play with my favorite cartoon characters from TV and in later years I would make up stories in my head involving them (this lead to my daydreaming). I was also much more optimistic about life. I felt uninhibited and invincible and like I could do and be anything I wanted and there was no limit. I didn't really worry about things like rejection or failure like I do now.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when someone else seems to be more intelligent, well-versed, or better at doing something. I've always had a bit of an inferiority complex, because I never thought of myself as being as smart or competent as everyone else. It always took me a little longer to figure things out and would often say stupid things that made me sound dumb to others. I always had the feeling that people thought I was a little slow. I was bullied from elementary school to high school and I think this played a big part in it. I also feel inferior when someone proves me wrong. I can be pretty stubborn about certain things and when I'm proven to be wrong I feel humiliated.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always make decisions based on how others in the group feel about it. If I to the movies with a group of people or my family and they ask me which movie I want to see, I'll just say "I don't care" when I really know what I want to see, but I know they may not like the same thing. I tend to take into account how everyone will react to it and if it they will be okay with it. I don't want to be made fun of or create any disagreements within the group. For this reason, people have thought of me as having no mind of my own.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
It's often hard for me to initiate a project and I think it's because I focus too much on my vision of what I want and get too caught up in that, and forget what needs to be done in the moment to actually set it up. When I find out what it is that I have to do, I'm not confident that I can actually bring my vision into reality, and I get discouraged from starting it (my self-confidence isn't the greatest and I struggle with motivation). When I am working on a project, I like to have creative control over the outcome. I like to be independent, but when someone else doesn't like it or decides for me what I should do with it and it conflicts with my vision, I lose motivation for it. When I work on something myself, I want the project to come together the way I envisioned it, and when it doesn't, I feel discouraged. I have pretty high expectations and I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember when I was younger and we went on trips to different places. It didn't matter whether it was a car trip or a plane trip. I loved flying especially and I don't really know why but just the general ambiance and flying thousands of miles above the earth and going above the clouds. I used to like looking out the window and seeing what the world looks like from that high up. I remember how I thought the cities looked almost like a big elaborate toy set. I also remember when I was a kid and my family would take us to the beach. I liked to stand in the water and stare at the ocean and I would be amazed at how big it was and how it looked in person.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I learn something new it's usually confusing at first, but the more I think about it, it suddenly becomes clearer. I start to see the connections and gain more understanding. I try to break the information into smaller pieces and my mind automatically sees connections between the pieces. Then I get an epiphany and I suddenly see how everything makes sense and think "Ok, now I think I got it".

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I think of myself as being both organized and disorganized at the same time, if that makes sense. I was always a little messy but not to the point where it looks like a tornado hit. I just have piles of stuff. A pile for clothes, a pile for PC games/music CDs, etc. So a pile here and a pile there, that kind of thing. I have my own system of organization and as long as everything is where I can easily find it, it doesn't really matter.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm always open to new ideas and when I hear them I look for information that would support them.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I feel like I am on both sides of this. I don't want any kind of conflict because I cannot and will prevent that from happening, even if that means holding back that part of myself that may cause conflict in the group. This makes me feel conflicted most of the times because I have a habit of forgoing my own wants and needs in order to prevent conflict.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I definitely think before I speak. Even though I have an idea of what I want to say, and I can say most of what I'm thinking, sometimes I have a hard time coming up with the correct words to describe what I'm talking about, but I can visualize it and feel it. The word comes to me later when it's too late and we're off the subject. I prefer one on one discussions because with a group it's hard for me to jump into a conversation and it's pretty exhausting. It's not as easy to express myself because sometimes everyone will be talking at the same time and it makes it kind of difficult to talk. One on one discussions are just more fulfilling to me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I usually prefer to have an idea of what we're doing before we do it. The plan doesn't have to be specific, I just need a general idea of what we're going to do. I think action does speak louder that words because

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends, if I have a DVR or someway to record it, then I might just watch it later and go with them. But if I have no way of doing this, then I would kindly decline and watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

When I'm stressed out, every little thing irritates me. Sounds, lighting, colors...everything. I get nitpicky and get upset over small things that don't really matter. If something is out of place or looks messy, that also irritates me. I sometimes feel a need to clean things because seeing messiness frustrates me, when and normally doesn't. I become brash and impulsive, doing things without even thinking about what I'm doing. I may become critical of others and I sometimes I've gotten pretty bitter and cynical.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I cannot stand superficial, judgemental people. People who look down on other people because they don't wear designer shoes, or because they look like geeks. I hate materialism, and people who have to have the latest things just to have them to compete with others.

I find fake people and phonies repulsive. People who will act like one thing in front of you when they know they are something entirely different behind closed doors. They tell you what they want you to hear just to please you instead of saying what they mean.

I cannot stand people who are too closed minded to even see or learn about anything new that takes the out of their comfort zone. These people seem to be stuck in the past and that's the only place they want to be. They always have to take trips down memory lane and the only music they want to listen to is the same old music that allows them to remember the "good old days" and the same memories over and over again. I cannot see how they can live like that.

I also dislike arrogance, insensitivity, overly negative people, vanity, and people who are overly authoritative and powerhungy (they often abuse their power, and use it to oppress others).

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love having conversations about deeper topics, like the MBTI, and things relating to psychology, philosophy, metaphysics/spirituality, dreams (I've been very much into lucid dreaming lately), music and, anime. I don't really like small talk.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I think I pay the least attention to my physical surroundings. I'm in my head quite a lot and I'm really oblivious/uninterested in things around me unless there's something extremely beautiful, then I'll probably look at it for a while actually. I can try to be more observant if needed, but I will probably won't be very good at noticing certain things.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm haven't had many friends but people that I knew thought of me as kind of geeky, weird, scared of breaking rules and quiet and a bit creepy. I wasn't really that close to them so I didn't really open up to them. I think if they knew me more, the would think of me as being more likable, thoughtful, calm and down to earth. A close friend of mine perceives me as being very intelligent and kind hearted, which is a little more accurate.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would probably watch anime, read, play computer games, and spend some time on this forum. I'll probably also go for a walk or invite my friend over.

If you need more information, let me know. Thanks :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, for your the article @Acerbusvenator. I just was not 100% sure about my type and sometimes I wonder if I have mistyped myself. I just want to know for sure what type I am and have some closure. I'm not able to read the post right now, but I'll come back and post here after I get a chance to read it. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts