Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally test INTP or ISTP. I really don't want to type a lot about myself. I just want help figuring out my type. I do talk a lot and most people seem to think I am an extroverted person. But when I asked my mom she said I was introverted and I think she knows me better than a bunch of acquaintances.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know you're asking for help, but have you tried looking into the types and seeing whether or not you relate to them? I'm not much of a mind reader. So talk about yourself, how you act, what you like. Tell us what you agree or disagree with in concerns to the descriptions of those types.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I do not know where to begin in describing myself. If you asked me more specific questions that would really help me. I often doubt myself but that could be because I have low self-confidence. I do not really care to offend anyone. If I really respect someone I talk a lot less around them. At this point in my life I do not have any real friends. I can tell when people are lying to me. I am not sure what else to say. I have read the descriptions but I feel like I fit both and sometimes neither. I do not think I am very good with hands on work like ISTP's seem to be. Sometimes I think I am a ESFJ who wants to be logical.(ha ha)

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
You could do like I did and make your own type. You're welcome to join mine, I'm an IIII.

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You sound more like a thinker to me. More of an introverted thinker.
I could see ISTP better than INTP, but sometimes INTPs are pretty curt, too...

When you talk a lot, what kinds of things do you tend to talk about?
Maybe if you share a couple of interests... I'm not talking about smalltalk, obv.

Pet peeves/ things you really don't like would also suffice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dislike:
When people lie, of course
When people tell pointless stories about themselves
When people repeat themselves
Unnecessary small talk/ saying hello, how are you?
People who slide by at work with out doing much
Religious people
When people talk down to me. Calling me honey, baby or sweetheart, etc.
anyone being in my room

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Now this thread has been going straight over my head... :confused:

Would any of you not mind too much explaining your conclusions... :unsure:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Now this thread has been going straight over my head... :confused:

Would any of you not mind too much explaining your conclusions... :unsure:

sure, below I've posted a picture of what exactly her personality analysis has been based on

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Se- I am very impulsive and like to do things with my hands.

Ti- I think about things as a whole or in some jumbled up way. I do not have opinions on things that aren't based on fact or what I believe to be true.

Fe- I think rational about my choices for partners. I hate it when people talk down to me.

Ni- I try to read peoples motives and facial expressions but do not come to any concrete conclusions.

These are the functions I see myself using. I am not sure which order they are in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope you don't really think I am a troll. I just don't know what to say about myself and haven't spent a ton of time thinking about how I think. I guess I should have gotten to know myself more before coming here to ask. Thanks guys for your patience and help.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Se- I am very impulsive and like to do things with my hands.

Ti- I think about things as a whole or in some jumbled up way. I do not have opinions on things that aren't based on fact or what I believe to be true.

Fe- I think rational about my choices for partners. I hate it when people talk down to me.

Ni- I try to read peoples motives and facial expressions but do not come to any concrete conclusions.

These are the functions I see myself using. I am not sure which order they are in.
Well, ISTPs=Ti, Se, Ni, Fe

So, it appears, ISTP you are!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts