Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a real hard time typing myself. For a long time I thought I was an INTP but now I'm not so sure. I know I'm atleast this INXX but I can't get a handle on my last two functions. Here's a few things that might help.

I enjoy technical and scientific fields where logic is important.
I notice inconsistencies.
I look for logical explanations or solutions to most everything.
I make decisions with my head and want to be fair.
Sometimes I miss or don’t value the “people” part of a situation.
I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent.
These are all pretty true.

I am concerned with harmony and nervous when it is missing.
I make decisions with my heart and want to be compassionate.
I believe being tactful is more important than telling the “cold” truth.
I am sometimes experienced by others as too idealistic, mushy, or indirect.
This is also true, but I think that my T and F are clashing because I want to be fair but not hurt anybody's feelings in the process. Most of the time I do use my the F unless when two friends are fighting and I just want them to realize how stupid they sound and stop arguing.

I like to have things decided.
I like to make lists of things to do.
The only reason I think I might be one is because when I do do something worthy of other people knowing about it I usually plan ahead as best I can(I'm not much of a planner though.)

I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
I work in bursts of energy.
I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.
Most of the time I don't acknowledge deadlines until it's to late and end up majorly left behind when the deadline does come, but I can whip something up real quick by then.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You sound like an INTP to me. People think that Thinkers can't feel shit, but that's not true; They just use logic way way more than feelings.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm tempted to say a T/F split because the first paragraph sounds a lot like Ti (noticing inconsistencies in structures, systems and arguments are textbook Ti from what I understand.)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'd say you're leaning more toward INTP... I always consider the people in any situation. Not only would I think of friends arguing as stupid (moreso pointless), but I'd feel bad for them even though I wasn't even in the argument almost like it was my fault.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would guess you're an INTP with a strong Feeling side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts