Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might be an IxFJ. I took the same function-based (supposedly more accurate that way) MBTI test twice (on different days in different moods) and got ISFJ (when I was really paranoid/defensive/depressed) and INFJ (while still paranoid and depressed but not crying). Apparently, the main difference is that ISFJs defend the way things have always been done while INFJs prefer to innovate. I normally abhor the way most things have always been done, but if there is something that works and makes things peaceful, then I will defend it very stubbornly. For example, I do housework in the quickest way I see possible even though that's not how it's usually done, but I refuse to try new foods because I'm perfectly content with what I already enjoy.

On non-functions-based tests, I have gotten INTP, ENTP, and INFP. It should be noted that I mostly just got the NTP types before I got far enough into college to realize that I despise the system and the way that it forces me to think. I really hate obeying people, and from what I know, that's actually typical of NTPs, but I've had knowledge shoved down my throat to the point where I can't stand to even think about thinking. Just thinking about it now is making me cry. I got INFP on a test that I took after I started identifying as an ENFP (which I've never actually gotten on a test), so I may have just convinced myself that I'm more of a feeler. I usually come out as an introvert on tests because I have learned to leave people alone to make them happy because I know that they find me to be annoying because I'm autistic. But, the fact that I care so much for what other people feel and I let them affect me in this way suggests that I am more of an extrovert. I'm actually more like whatever the opposite of an ambivert is because I get depressed when people leave me alone AND when they don't leave me alone.

I have never gotten ENFP on a test, but whenever I read the description of an ENFP, I relate so much that I cry unlike when I read the description of any other type. And from what I hear, that reaction is typical of an ENFP.

Reactions: Noir

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I think I might be an IxFJ. I took the same function-based (supposedly more accurate that way) MBTI test twice (on different days in different moods) and got ISFJ (when I was really paranoid/defensive/depressed) and INFJ (while still paranoid and depressed but not crying). Apparently, the main difference is that ISFJs defend the way things have always been done while INFJs prefer to innovate. I normally abhor the way most things have always been done, but if there is something that works and makes things peaceful, then I will defend it very stubbornly. For example, I do housework in the quickest way I see possible even though that's not how it's usually done, but I refuse to try new foods because I'm perfectly content with what I already enjoy.

On non-functions-based tests, I have gotten INTP, ENTP, and INFP. It should be noted that I mostly just got the NTP types before I got far enough into college to realize that I despise the system and the way that it forces me to think. I really hate obeying people, and from what I know, that's actually typical of NTPs, but I've had knowledge shoved down my throat to the point where I can't stand to even think about thinking. Just thinking about it now is making me cry. I got INFP on a test that I took after I started identifying as an ENFP (which I've never actually gotten on a test), so I may have just convinced myself that I'm more of a feeler. I usually come out as an introvert on tests because I have learned to leave people alone to make them happy because I know that they find me to be annoying because I'm autistic. But, the fact that I care so much for what other people feel and I let them affect me in this way suggests that I am more of an extrovert. I'm actually more like whatever the opposite of an ambivert is because I get depressed when people leave me alone AND when they don't leave me alone.

I have never gotten ENFP on a test, but whenever I read the description of an ENFP, I relate so much that I cry unlike when I read the description of any other type. And from what I hear, that reaction is typical of an ENFP.
Sorry, but this isn't very helpful for me to type you. Could you please take a look at this video:

Now tell me what axis you think fits you best and why :).

On a side note, if you ENFP seems to fit, why not go with it? Choose a type you feel confident with and stick with it unless you are having really, really big doubts!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
EDIT: 2x post. PerC is annoying.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but this isn't very helpful for me to type you. Could you please take a look at this video:

Now tell me what axis you think fits you best and why :).

On a side note, if you ENFP seems to fit, why not go with it? Choose a type you feel confident with and stick with it unless you are having really, really big doubts!
I didn't really relate to any of the functions described in the video except maybe Fi, which is unusual because people tell me I have a lot of Fe. I guess I'm an ENFP.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I didn't really relate to any of the functions described in the video except maybe Fi, which is unusual because people tell me I have a lot of Fe. I guess I'm an ENFP.
So you relate to the Fi - Te axis. That is how you judge. Now we need to determine how you perceive things. Could you tell me a bit more about how you gather information around you, if my question isn't too abstract? If it is, I'll try to think of something better.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you relate to the Fi - Te axis. That is how you judge. Now we need to determine how you perceive things. Could you tell me a bit more about how you gather information around you, if my question isn't too abstract? If it is, I'll try to think of something better.
People on another thread seem to be saying that I use a lot of Ti now, actually.

Nobody has really said anything about my Nx/Sx functions, but one person on Twitter thinks I use Ne. Most people think I'm an INTP, and that is what I originally thought I was, but I stopped identifying as one when I saw what an embarrassment I was to the INTPs on this website.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
People on another thread seem to be saying that I use a lot of Ti now, actually.

Nobody has really said anything about my Nx/Sx functions, but one person on Twitter thinks I use Ne. Most people think I'm an INTP, and that is what I originally thought I was, but I stopped identifying as one when I saw what an embarrassment I was to the INTPs on this website.
You're not really answering my question.

Take a look at this INTP description. It is long, but as an INTP, this one is my favorite decription. How accurate do you think it is?

The only indication I have of Ti for now is your lack of extensive wording (you answer things on point without being too talkative, which indicates Ti).

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're not really answering my question.

Take a look at this INTP description. It is long, but as an INTP, this one is my favorite decription. How accurate do you think it is?

The only indication I have of Ti for now is your lack of extensive wording (you answer things on point without being too talkative, which indicates Ti).
At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an ISFJ since that's probably the closest feeling (I really don't think I'm a thinking type because I have a lot of strong feelings) type to an INTP, but I usually score 0% sensing. I could also be an ENFJ, but that's basically the ideal type that everybody (wants to be/thinks they are when they're drunk), and I really don't think I'm that cool. I'm almost afraid to say I'm an INFJ because they're gods on Earth themselves, but I know I'm really intuitive and have a lot of Fe and Ti, so that's really the only thing that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an ISFJ since that's probably the closest feeling (I really don't think I'm a thinking type because I have a lot of strong feelings) type to an INTP, but I usually score 0% sensing. I could also be an ENFJ, but that's basically the ideal type that everybody (wants to be/thinks they are when they're drunk), and I really don't think I'm that cool. I'm almost afraid to say I'm an INFJ because they're gods on Earth themselves, but I know I'm really intuitive and have a lot of Fe and Ti, so that's really the only thing that makes sense.
Calm down, lol. You are way too hectic about this. My ideal type was ENTJ, for example.
Your preference for xxFJ is interesting. But again, I NEED MORE INFO!

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Calm down, lol. You are way too hectic about this. My ideal type was ENTJ, for example.
Your preference for xxFJ is interesting. But again, I NEED MORE INFO!
I just really feel like I'm an 8w7 INFJ now.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just really feel like I'm an 8w7 INFJ now.
That is great, but I have a feeling you will doubt your type within the next few days :laughing:.
As I have previously said, if you chose INFJ, stick with it unless you have really strong doubts.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is great, but I have a feeling you will doubt your type within the next few days :laughing:.
As I have previously said, if you chose INFJ, stick with it unless you have really strong doubts.
Now, I think I'm a 3w4 INFJ.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you like to try and actually reason this out instead of going through every type?
I swear I'm trying. I think I'm a 3w4 INTP now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.