Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I started out doing tests, but they gave me inconsistent results - out of seven tests, I got five different types. So I went on to research on the different types, and from there I discovered the 8 functions. I’ve read up on them, but I’m not sure which ones I use the most. Also, I don’t really trust my own judgement because there's one type in particular I really want to be, and that probably skews my viewpoint quite a bit. Not going to mention which type in case it affects things.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Much more self-discipline and self-control. It’s quite a big problem right now, as I often find myself lost in my thoughts, staring into space or even falling asleep when I should be doing something more productive. It seems as though I don’t have enough motivation to do anything.Other than that, I would wish for overall happiness and satisfaction.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I’m not quite sure if this is what the question’s asking for, but I felt quite accomplished when I managed to explain a science concept to some of my classmates during a Physics lesson a while ago. Part of it is because I helped them understand and caused them to gain knowledge, but I won’t deny that understanding something that others couldn’t also made me feel satisfied with myself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When people whom I previously considered to be of roughly the same standard as me suddenly surprise me with a hidden talent, especially if it’s something I often wish I could do. If it’s someone who has always been better than me, I can easily accept their strengths, but if it isn’t, I tend to feel as though I can’t match up to them anymore.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I’m usually very indecisive. If it’s a major, long-term decision, I think of the possible consequences or results if I choose to take one course of action or another, and then compare them to see which sounds like a better situation to be in. Often, both seem equally good or bad to me, and I have a hard time deciding which to choose. For decisions which take immediate effect, I try to convince myself to do whatever I should be doing or what would have the most benefits to people, but most of the time I eventually end up going with whatever I feel like doing at the moment.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I say what I think, but if someone else has a strong opinion I usually go along with what they want. I just do whatever I’m assigned to do. I try to avoid public speaking roles as much as possible. It all depends on the project, really.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I was staying in boarding school and crashed my classmates' room. I shared a drabble generator with them and we laughed our heads off at it. I remember random blurry images, actions and positions, laughing, falling off the bed, looking for the romeo and juliet template and bad wifi.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

If it's a concept, I read up on it as much as possible. I make sure I understand. If it's something physical that I'm learning how to do, I like to experience it many times and try to perfect it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I cannot find the motivation to consistantly make lists or schedules. When I'm forced to do it, organizing my work and having a to-do list does help quite a bit, but they often fall into disuse after a while. My desk is usually very messy. A few days after I tidy it up, it just falls back into its original state, so I honestly can't be bothered. My thoughts and feelings are usually messy and complicated. When I'm feeling particularly lost, I type them out and split them into different points to try to understand myself better. For things such as reports or files, though, I usually make and effort to have sections and sub-sections to classify the information.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both, actually. But I first make sure that I understand what the idea is about in order to avoid misunderstanding. If it's a totally wild and unheard-of idea, though, my first impulse would be to reject it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both, I think. I generally accept others' viewpoints and respect them even when I disagree, but my own beliefs still stand.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

With people I'm not particularly close to, I think especially carefully before speaking or acting. When I'm with close friends and family, my thoughts tend to spew out more easily, and sometimes I think out loud. I still think before I say things, though, especially if they can be potentially hurtful or drastically change their perception of me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping before leaping. I find out as much as I can before I start doing anything. Actions might or might not speak louder than words. Actions might be impulsive, due to peer pressure, alcohol, not go as intended etc. Words might be lies, insincere, spoken without thinking etc. It really depends on the context, and whether or not you trust the people involved.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Almost always decline politely. It's too last minute, and we can meet up some other time. I'd rather not miss my show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Act generally depressed. Constantly think and worry about whatever it is that's stressing me out. Stare around and do nothing. Suddenly triggered, usually by something someone said. Start crying. Cry even harder when people try to talk to me. Attempt to respond, but stop abruptly in the middle of my sentence when I realise it's not conveying the intended message. Attempt to correct myself and fail again. Run to my room and lock myself in. Cry for however long I want. Stop crying. Attempt to collect my thoughts. Eventually emerge from room. Avoid eye contact and talking.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like it when people insist that they are right when they are clearly in the wrong, I guess. I could list down more behaviour that I think is wrong, but the thing is, I don't really feel very strongly about any of them. I find it hard to really dislike people, because I can usually see things from their point of view and understand the reasoning behind what they do or what they are like, so I can't really fault them for doing it.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I can't really think of anything at the moment... Recently, I've been talking a lot about my personality type, since it's my current obsession, I guess. I tend to listen more to other people and state my opinion based on what they're talking about. I like to debate, as long as it isn't taken personally. I find it quite frustrating when an argument is interrupted without concluding. I talk and message about my feelings to people I trust, sometimes just to let them out and make sense of them.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't really care about wealth or popularity if it doesn't concern what I want to do. I'm not a materialistic person in general.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Cute. Lame. Tolerant. Weird. Logical. Mild. Naive. I'm not sure, I think it's quite accurate. They wouldn't say I'm attention-seeking. Hot-tempered. Cold and unfeeling. Stingy. Bold, daring.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Surfing the internet. Messaging my friends. Playing board games with my family. Does 'whatever you like' include ridiculous things? Like somehow teleporting to some secluded forest or lake or cave or something and just relax and take in and explore, maybe with my family or close friends? That would be really nice if it weren't impossible.

On a side note:
I spend a lot of time editing and paraphrasing what I type. Like what I’m currently doing now. It’s somehow both exhausting and satisfying at the same time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yup. But a lot of people (me included) struggle somewhere between the two. I don't know enough about the other functions. And I don't wanna send you in the wrong direction based on faulty knowledge.

1,636 Posts
Much more self-discipline and self-control. It’s quite a big problem right now, as I often find myself lost in my thoughts, staring into space or even falling asleep when I should be doing something more productive. It seems as though I don’t have enough motivation to do anything.Other than that, I would wish for overall happiness and satisfaction.
This is mine shitty problem as well -.-

If it’s someone who has always been better than me, I can easily accept their strengths, but if it isn’t, I tend to feel as though I can’t match up to them anymore.
lol when i was used to swimming i had the same problem. If you were always better ok, if you got better then me with time - omg im crushed lol

Almost always decline politely. It's too last minute, and we can meet up some other time. I'd rather not miss my show.
this is more of a J then P...

sry i got cough up in the beginning - i kinda saw many similarities with how would i do things :D

Anyway - i agree with the previous posts - INFP or INFJ...with leanings toward INFJ for me :)

you seem to be avoiding conflicts and act like a mediator for a bit - so i would say you are type 9
or you are type 2 in ennegram cuz you like to help people - but 9 also likes to please

I talk and message about my feelings to people I trust, sometimes just to let them out and make sense of them.
probably Fe more then Fi here - but it can also be Fi since it's with close people. I kinda need special preparation for these kinds of things and would never text like this.
So ill go with Fe - which would make you an INFJ.

Anyway - about the functions now - where you read descriptions - which function do you think you are using? what you can notice?
ill give you two links so you can tell us more about it:
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/85534-functions-how-they-work.html
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

There you go - read up - i knwo you said you don't trust your judgment but you can maybe recognize smth :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is mine shitty problem as well -.-

lol when i was used to swimming i had the same problem. If you were always better ok, if you got better then me with time - omg im crushed lol

this is more of a J then P...

sry i got cough up in the beginning - i kinda saw many similarities with how would i do things :D

Anyway - i agree with the previous posts - INFP or INFJ...with leanings toward INFJ for me :)

you seem to be avoiding conflicts and act like a mediator for a bit - so i would say you are type 9
or you are type 2 in ennegram cuz you like to help people - but 9 also likes to please

probably Fe more then Fi here - but it can also be Fi since it's with close people. I kinda need special preparation for these kinds of things and would never text like this.
So ill go with Fe - which would make you an INFJ.

Anyway - about the functions now - where you read descriptions - which function do you think you are using? what you can notice?
ill give you two links so you can tell us more about it:

There you go - read up - i knwo you said you don't trust your judgment but you can maybe recognize smth :)
Eheh, thanks! So it's between INFJ and INFP now? Sorry, the links aren't helping much, I'm just confusing myself further.

INFJ: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se
INFP: Fi- Ne - Si - Te

Completely opposite.
I know, that's what I was referring to when I said 'very different'. Any other feedback, though?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, if you must know, INFJ. As to why... I'd rather not go into that, sorry. Is it really important?
It can be. Choice is a very defining aspect of who we are. If I choose to smack a kid in the face, people around me are going to think I'm not a very nice person, but maybe the reason I did it was to his benefit. Choices and the reasons behind them can be very important.

I'd say it is very probable that you are either an INFJ or an INTP. You have a lot of Ti written into your statements there. I can tell you are an N.

Mostly I want to know what you inferior function is. With INTP it would be Feelings Extroverted, which is a function I am not too well versed in, but people with this inferior function can often hurt others feelings unintentionally. With INFP it would be Thinking Extroverted, that function is basically tied to the question 'how useful is it?' it is the logical valuing of things, as an inferior INFP's can hold onto things which aren't really useful or don't benefit them. Or as an INFJ it would be Sensing Extroverted, which is essentially living in the moment, INFJ's can be very wary about stepping into things too quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts