Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There may not be any data for this (I'm pretty sure there basically can't be). But based on what you know or have observed, what type combination is least likely to date?

I know INTP-ESFJ is probably up there...

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
@4sureINTP

I think actually, INTP-ESFJ is suggested in some capacity by socionics as a good pairing, if you mean the Ti-Ne + Fe-Si types. Their theory of duality suggests that our dual is opposite our orientation (intro/extro) and provides for us the functions which we are more childish or inferior at.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Probably two with lead Fe.

One won't concede to be nurtured. Some lead Te's actually like arguing with each other :laughing:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Also very true. That one is up there.
I actually see a lot of ESFJ/INTP friendships but so far no relationships. They seem to get along well enough. I wouldn't rule it out for romance. And yes, I think it's because DUALZ but I'm not gonna go there either. :p

Reactions: RWK

·
Registered
800 Posts
Probably two with lead Fe.

One won't concede to be nurtured. Some lead Te's actually like arguing with each other :laughing:
True, besides they are likely to find one another too similar.

How about INFP-ESFP? Never heard that one before.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ESFP - INTJ *shudders*
ISTJ - ENFP
ENTJ - ENTJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
There may not be any data for this (I'm pretty sure there basically can't be). But based on what you know or have observed, what type combination is least likely to date?

I know INTP-ESFJ is probably up there...

well, im an intp lady dating an esfj...but ive never been an advocate for social norms...

i dont think i've seen too many INFJs with ESFPs...? (my totally arbitrary opinion)

·
Registered
59 Posts
ISTJ and ESFP.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why does everyone say ENTJ-ENTJ is a bad combo? Both are trying to take over the world? :)
Of course not. We would never try to take over the world. Return to your everyday lives, citizens, there is no need to be suspicious of us.

Really though, I've never understood why being too similar would cause trouble in dating. I think being too different would make things more difficult even if you might find them intriguing. So ENTJ-ENTJ sounds perfectly fine to me.

Something like ESTJ-ISFP seems like it'd cause a lot of conflict.

Reactions: Blazy

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
True, besides they are likely to find one another too similar.

How about INFP-ESFP? Never heard that one before.
ESFP's are okay, no real hate towards their function set at all, just a few minor things though :laughing: INFP/ESTP could be more of a struggle, having said that, there's still something im drawn to in them despite the fact the rules say we arn't supposed to be complimentary. Screw that. I think people might underestimate this about Fi/Ne, we give people a chance, hear them out, everyone has a story to tell, how long it may last though is another story..

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I've thought about getting the book forever, so I probably should.
I don't think it mentions the least likely combinations, but it has statistics showing which temperaments end up together, so maybe you can deduce which don't.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
As an INFJ, I enjoy being around ESFPs, because they are fun, but I can't see myself dating any of the ones I know. They are like cocaine. Yeah, they are fun and all, but once you want to settle down with a family, you stick with the Advil. :tongue:

Kidding... kind of.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts