Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My first thought when reading your description was INFJ. INFPs are supposed to be the typical writers, as in lots of famous writers are supposed to be INFPs. I have on INFJ friend and though she likes to write (including long sincere emails), I'm not impressed with her writing skills.
Maybe in fact, we (INTP/ENTP) have thise Ne/TI who makes us very sensitive to words and writing skills...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
INFP.

If he's not an INFP then he's exactly like two INFP males I know in many, many ways. Wow, I didn't even have one doubt about the type as soon as I started reading and the rest just confirmed my initial suggestion!

(didn't read the thread so I wouldn't get influenced by people's comments) :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wouldn't classify a type based on writing ability. Writing is a skill and therefore can be developed or not developed by any type depending on their association with it. While I do believe each of the two types mentioned may write in different styles, whether or not their material is "good" or "impressive" is meaningless.
I actually agree with this. I gave the exemple of my friend as anecdotal evidence that INFJs didn't have to be great writers. As for the INFP as writer thing, it's just something that I've read a lot, so I was surprised that a person could be sereotypically considered INFP rather than INFJ because they don't write well enough (the reverse would fit the stereotype better).
Anyway, interesting website, thanks!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so the majority is thinking INFP right ?

When we first met, he told me we have to go to public places only because he would be scared that I would put medication in his drink and make him fall asleep... Aahha ! That's Ni... right ?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The thing about this guy is that though he matches well some INFP description, I am impressed how easily he reads me (though I am not easy to read as a thinker). I think this might show some Ni.
2 examples :
- I got to talk with him about some bad circomstances that happened a long time ago and might explain a little who I am today. Well, better said, he got me into talking about this (things I usually never mention so quickly). I mentionned it as a thinker : that's what happened, that implies that about me today. And I was impressed how deep he got the possible implications of my personaly history. He mentionned very accurate possible behaviors I could have today, without me mentionning anything about it. He related to how I feel today about this and what it implies on my outlook on life. I was impressed.

- I said something that appeared as agressive earlier this week. He immediatly got that I was not agressive but stressed, tensed and got all the hidden reasons why I was so. All the unconscious tension I had in me. When he told me what I was feeling and why, I was impressed because I didn't realise it myself before he told me. But everything he told me was so true. And somehow he managed to release my tensions that way.

So that's Ni right ? Is that typical for INFPs (healers) or INFJs (strong Ni) ?
this said he's very much into let's be free and not control each other (which is very xNxP in my opinion)

Another thing that might help :
He's very much into healthy leaving and eating. And even into some creepy theories about that. But he's ready to do a kind of organic, plants eating camp to supress the toxins of his body this summer. Not sure this is INFP or INFJ ?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry for the monolog. I think out loud and if you want to join me in my typing effort, please feel free ! :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts