Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the ISTP one, it focuses too much on being mechanically inclined, I can't relate.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
All of them. Every single one of them. They need to all be stripped of behavioral tendencies, cliches and stereotypes. Also, stop putting simplistic, stupid pictures up associated with them that just feed into more stereotypes.

I want to go back to the root of it all. I want any behavioral tendencies that come afterward to be considered part of the individual's unique personality, 1 out of billions.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
That ENFPs are golden retrievers. Like the fuck is that?

That ESFPs are party raving sluts. ESFPs are some of the smartest, talented and observant people I know in real life. My ESFP cousin knows me more than I know myself.

That ISTPs are socially challenged, sarcastic, mechanics, Bonds. I love my adorable, quirky, ISTP uncle.

That INFJs are inherently wise. LMAO.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Something that I'd like is descriptions written by someone who is familiar with the History of Typology. That way, each type can have a section based on the various incarnations of typology, from Jung to Nardi (just the most recent contemporary I have read).

I kinda like the symbols - they appeal to me - but symbols that are more neutral would be better, I do agree with that. For example, a unicorn/mage wouldn't be an appropriate symbol for an INFJ in the same way that a robot wouldn't be an appropriate symbol for an INTP.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Type descriptions should be based off studies where they are compared to other types in a way that differentiates them to reduce the Forer/Barnum effect.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Type descriptions should be based off studies where they are compared to other types in a way that differentiates them to reduce the Forer/Barnum effect.
Existing ones are already peoples observations. Even if we were to create type descriptions like you say it wouldn't prevent the forer effect from happening. You're just using that to discredit functions anyways. Functions aren't vague and inconsistent like zodiac signs. Most type descriptions I can't relate to and most functions don't resonate much with me. Most people I would think feel the same.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
Personally - will be satisfied with [this one] for INTJ-humanoids:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
None. People just need to stop projecting stuff onto the descriptions and taking every thing listed as a literal must-have trait of each type.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
ISFJ and ISTJ. The image of 'unimaginitive worker drones' seems very harmful to typology.

Although I do agree that all the type descriptions have big problems and need to be reworked in a different way. I'm working on something like that in my head, but I don't think that's going to get there for the next three years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts