Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow mbti enthusiasts! This is my first time on personality cafe and I came here due to some confusing test results. I’ve been into mbti typing for a few years now, and I’ve been an infj through and through for most of the time. But these past 6 months or so I’ve taken the test a few times and gotten completely different results each time! I feel super confused and honestly a little upset that I can’t quite pinpoint my current mbti type. I’m not sure if I am still an infj or what at this point! So I came here to hopefully get some answers! If you have a bit of time on your hands, I’d like for you experts out there to review these main characteristics of mine and tell me what you think my type is. It would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
  • Curious: I find myself deeply curious about people/life in general very often.
  • Full of zest: I’m very energetic, silly, and full of life.
  • Love to learn: I have a deep love for learning.
  • Enthusiastic: I enthuse over all the little things in life all the time.
  • Chatty: Too shy to initiate conversations, but once one is started I can keep it going and I love it! With people close to me I can go on and on and I adore conversation.
  • Forgiving: I never hold grudges, I forgive quickly. But that’s not to say I keep people who hurt me/are toxic around, I get rid of them QUICK, I just choose to forgive and forget... Unless you’re toxic.
  • Adventurous: I have a deep yearning to get out in the world and experience all that I possibly can.
  • Spontaneous: I often have fun spontaneous ideas and although I really like planning, I don’t mind changing course last minute. It keeps life exciting!
  • Over-thinker: I’m always overthinking my own actions as well as other’s. I would also just say I’m a big thinker in general, my mind is always spinning with so many thoughts, ideas, and words.
  • Determined/Ambitious: I stick to a goal no matter what and try my very hardest at almost everything I do. I love to achieve lots of things and do them well. I live by the quote, “If you’re gonna be a street sweeper, be the best street sweeper anyone’s ever seen”.
  • Impatient: I hate life moving too slowly and I don’t like to wait.
  • Boastful: I tend to brag about my accomplishments and occasionally have an “I’m better than you” attitude.
  • Hard time working as a team: I usually like things to go my way or the way of someone I strongly agree with, I have a difficult time going along with the entire team.
  • Indecisive: I have a hard time pinpointing exactly what I want and tend to change my mind often.
  • Sassy: If you mess with me or try to argue with me, I am extremely quick to respond with sass and fierceness.
  • Judgmental: I like to believe I can read someone based off my very first interaction with them which causes me to be quite judgmental.
  • Hate dwelling in negative emotions: If I’m sad, I let myself have that emotion but I absolutely despise letting myself dwell in it. I feel it, and let it go. Usually pretty fast.
  • People lover: I find people so very interesting and I adore learning all about them. But at the same time I wouldn’t call myself an extrovert.
  • Self aware/in touch with my emotions: although I said I don’t like to dwell in emotions, I find myself to be very connected with my innermost feelings as well as my strengths/weaknesses. I’m not afraid to own up to what I could improve on and I feel I’m pretty aware of what that is. Surprising because I don’t even know my own MBTI type, huh?

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
ESFP.

·
Registered
254 Posts
U have an INFJ face. You sound that ure very interested in people, and u tend to like deep conversation, u think a lot, and u don't hold any grudges, u probably a peacemaker(?) yeah u still an INFJ. I have an INFJ friend that shares some similiarities like you are. you're still an INFJ for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U have an INFJ face. You sound that ure very interested in people, and u tend to like deep conversation, u think a lot, and u don't hold any grudges, u probably a peacemaker(?) yeah u still an INFJ. I have an INFJ friend that shares some similiarities like you are. you're still an INFJ for me.
That's really helpful, thank you. I feel like an INFJ deep down, but the tests never reflect it these days. Might just be because I’m stuck at home in quarantine and losing my mind a little, lol.

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
There are a few stickied in this board. This the best one imo.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most probably ESFP.
And probably Enneagram type 7.

There is no way you are an INFJ. Please don't go that route, there are enough mistyped INFJs in the MBTI community. 😁
yes, i am a 7! and that’s interesting, considering all the esfps in my life are super outgoing and tend to start conversations with anyone, which im definitely too shy for. thank you for the input :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts