Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think about it, what type you roast the shit out of whenever the opportunity arises because deep down you feel inferior to them so you act like a jelly bitch?
this doesnt need a poll but if you guys want i will add it if i can

·
Registered
33 Posts
There's no specific type of which I think: "Damn, I wish I was exactly like that!"
I'm perfectly fine with being who I am. It's more like there's characteristics I think would be nice to have.

My ESTJ boyfriend, for example, has a clear focus for what is really necessary. I admire that, because sometimes I can lose myself in thoughts, get distracted easily and hate any kind of routine. But of course, I joke about him putting even his spoons in a correct order.

My ENFP brother has the ability to perfectly get along with everyone, no matter how stupid they are. I admire that, because I don't have the patience for people like he does. And yes, I'd categorize him as a quite intelligent person.

What is important to consider, is, from my point of view, that I am able to behave like them, but it's just not my original way of dealing with stuff, which means that it is harder for me than for people who naturally do so. So I don't.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
think about it, what type you roast the shit out of whenever the opportunity arises
can't say i do that about any type to be honest.

this question feels like it comes from an attitude that views the types too much as boxes that people are fit into ... to me everyone that belongs to a type is vastly different from one another and anyone may only like ~80% fit into a type.. so criticizing or praising a type is kinda a moot point.

also I find it kinda weird ... or interesting that this provocative question is being asked by someone who doesn't have their own type identified.

I feel like maybe you should stop thinking so much of the mbti types as being labels and boxes. I mean perhaps that's why you don't have your type labeled... if you had more an attitude that the mbti types are never known for certain, that a type doesn't constrain or limit what a person is like and is just a very general characterization of some vague aspects about how they think that can be helpful for communicating and living more fulfilling lives and that no one really truly/fits into a type .. then maybe you wouldn't be so insecure about taking a guess at what your type may be.

...though perhaps that's a bit of a harsh and over-reaching psycho-analysis of you, perhaps you just haven't been able to figure out your type yet or maybe you really don't fit any type all that well and I'm reading into this question and your lack of self-ID too much.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I've been thinking lately that when it comes to other types vs other entps it's kinda weird because other ENTPs I will hit off w/ the best. We'll think similar and hav similar outlooks... which is awesome for communicating, we'll be able to understand each other.. w/ other entps I don't even need to fully explain and say what I want to express before they reply w/ something that shows their mind has already filled in the blanks and figured out what I'm trying to say, and vice versa ... and the similar interests and outlooks make for good conversations etc.... so it seems like other ENTPs should be the type I'm most compatible and enjoy being w/ the most.... but it doesn't turn out that way. For some reason I never seem to form that close bonds w/ other entps compared to other types. So I've been thinking lately that perhaps the reason for that is the whole thing about opposites attracting. I feel like perhaps other types can be challenging and difficult to communicate w/ and get along w/ .. I might not click as easily w/ them as w/ other entps, but unconcsciously I value and am drawn to different types more because they're different ways of thinking, different values, and different outlooks give me different perspective and their different tendencies and abilities balance better w/ mine.

For example I've been spending more time and becoming closer w/ a friend who I think is an ISFP .. she' can be very senstive and a lot of her attitudes and emotions and outlooks I find frustrating, yet I find myself becoming closer w/ her. In contrast theres a co-worker I started talking to a bit a more that seems ENTP and we hit it off easily .. yet I don't see myself becoming any closer friends w/ him. It seem like w/ other ENTPS I'm always like " wow you're awesome! you get me! you have similar ideas to me, you easily immediately understand ideas I've struggle to share w/ other, you have a lot of the same interests as me ... well have a nice life" and turn and walk separate directions w/ no intention of crossing paths again.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I seem to recall there being a thread about ENTPs and jealousy, and from what i remember we are a group that doesn't typically get jealous of other people. We rather compete with ourselves than other people. Not everyone but a lot of people said that.

Anyways, we see lots of different possibilities, some good, some bad, and everything in between. I know for me i tend to have a very optimistic view of future endevours. Its not that i don't ever see how things can go wrong, i just can also see how they go right and sometimes the steps to get the outcome i want. With that said, i don't feel like i am lacking in ability to have the desired life that i want due to my personality type. I see that i have strengths and weaknesses and as much as i want to grow as a person, i have no desire to completely change who i am.

So with that said, i do not feel inferior to any other type. I just recognize the differences, and that we all take different paths to get to wherever we need to go. There's no jealousy coming from here.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can't say i do that about any type to be honest.

this question feels like it comes from an attitude that views the types too much as boxes that people are fit into ... to me everyone that belongs to a type is vastly different from one another and anyone may only like ~80% fit into a type.. so criticizing or praising a type is kinda a moot point.

also I find it kinda weird ... or interesting that this provocative question is being asked by someone who doesn't have their own type identified.

I feel like maybe you should stop thinking so much of the mbti types as being labels and boxes. I mean perhaps that's why you don't have your type labeled... if you had more an attitude that the mbti types are never known for certain, that a type doesn't constrain or limit what a person is like and is just a very general characterization of some vague aspects about how they think that can be helpful for communicating and living more fulfilling lives and that no one really truly/fits into a type .. then maybe you wouldn't be so insecure about taking a guess at what your type may be.

...though perhaps that's a bit of a harsh and over-reaching psycho-analysis of you, perhaps you just haven't been able to figure out your type yet or maybe you really don't fit any type all that well and I'm reading into this question and your lack of self-ID too much.
why you care what my type is anyway?
i dont think this thread i made has anything that may make ppl interest in the maker aka me
i have my type figured out im just too lazy to change my bio which doesnt matter to me anyway

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
why you care what my type is anyway?
well this whole thread is asking people how they judge other types negatively... so obvious you're concerned w/ and interested in how others judge other types negatively .. so it's not a huge leap of logic to conclude that maybe the reason why you don't list your type is because you're concered w/ how others might judge your type negatively. I don't actually care what your type is.. I was just psychoanalysing why you don't list yours.

i dont think this thread i made has anything that may make ppl interest in the maker aka me
well, i'm always someone who is interested in and psychoanalyses the OP's question and why they've asked it. I expect I'm not the only one who does that. I'm also always interested in the OP's own opinion on it. I think it's only fair if someone asks others for their opinion on soemthing that they're willing to give their own. So interest in the OP's motivations and opinions isn't something unique to this thread but something I think you should expect in any thread, at least in the entp forum.

i have my type figured out im just too lazy to change my bio which doesnt matter to me anyway
fair enough. at the end of my last post I said I was perhaps being too harsh over analyzing in thinking up reasons why you were missing your type and there might not be anything to it. I'm not really looking to be contentious, was just sharing the thoughts that your OP arroused in me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I seem to recall there being a thread about ENTPs and jealousy, and from what i remember we are a group that doesn't typically get jealous of other people. We rather compete with ourselves than other people. Not everyone but a lot of people said that.

Anyways, we see lots of different possibilities, some good, some bad, and everything in between. I know for me i tend to have a very optimistic view of future endevours. Its not that i don't ever see how things can go wrong, i just can also see how they go right and sometimes the steps to get the outcome i want. With that said, i don't feel like i am lacking in ability to have the desired life that i want due to my personality type. I see that i have strengths and weaknesses and as much as i want to grow as a person, i have no desire to completely change who i am.

So with that said, i do not feel inferior to any other type. I just recognize the differences, and that we all take different paths to get to wherever we need to go. There's no jealousy coming from here.
I'm with this.
There are many good things that would come with being some other type, but that wouldn't be me. And in the end I like being me.

The most I've wondered what it would be like as an J-type. More organized and able to plan ahead.
Then again... When I got diagnosed with ADHD(and getting medication) my main concern was losing my "P qualities". I didn't.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I wouldn't say I am jealous of any types or would want to be another type than ENTP (very ENTP answer); however, there are many types that I wish I had certain abilities like them at times or admire that ability.

-I admire xSTJs because of their ability to remember and follow the rules. I also admire their attention to detail and focus. I suck at all of that and it would be useful in many situations in the world.

-I admire xSFJs for being so emotion-driven. I wish I could feel so hugely instead of feeling like I'm always in a world of shades of gray where thing rarely sadden me completely but they also rarely make me feel high with happiness. I'm securely down the middle 90% of the time with my emotions.

-I wish I could see the world through xSFP eyes. Between the creativity and aesthetics, it would be interesting to see what they see.

-I wish sometimes I could just believe things because they make sense to me (and possibly only me) and have the conviction to stick to it like an xNFP instead of always having the jaded search for scientific data and verifiable facts that make me unable to get past things. I tease at how much INFPs will believe conspiracy theories, but I really do admire people when they have the conviction to go with it regardless of how much they have the skew the facts to make it fit in their theory. It all goes back into wishing I wasn't so gray and factual like I always have to be.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I somewhat wish I was more like an INTJ or ENTJ and could plan shit better instead of just adapting as much. While I love being a quick wit thinker, I still suck at lengthy strategic things. I also tend to wish I had better memory because it's caused a lot of issues. Wish I was more naturally aware of my surroundings and details in it.

Basically this is all summed up as my lacking Te strategizing, Si memory, and Se awareness

·
Registered
591 Posts
Jealous? No.
Envy? Yes.
(~ there is a difference ~)

Rather than a specific type, i'm more inclined to nominate a Temperament.
I'm just amazed at the ability of NF's to be such natural 'feelers'.

As an ENTP, I understand emotions from a logical perspective, but i don't 'feel' them as such.
Sure I have daily extremes of happy/anger expressions, but I don't 'experience' them in the same way an NF would.

NF's have that uncanny sense of emotional connection, understanding, empathy and attachment.
They are like real senses to an NF, but felt and recognised as a tangible emotions.

I've never 'felt' emotions in that way.
They're theoretical to me in that context.

Like I said,
Envy ...

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I've been thinking lately that when it comes to other types vs other entps it's kinda weird because other ENTPs I will hit off w/ the best. We'll think similar and hav similar outlooks... which is awesome for communicating, we'll be able to understand each other.. w/ other entps I don't even need to fully explain and say what I want to express before they reply w/ something that shows their mind has already filled in the blanks and figured out what I'm trying to say, and vice versa ... and the similar interests and outlooks make for good conversations etc.... so it seems like other ENTPs should be the type I'm most compatible and enjoy being w/ the most.... but it doesn't turn out that way. For some reason I never seem to form that close bonds w/ other entps compared to other types. So I've been thinking lately that perhaps the reason for that is the whole thing about opposites attracting. I feel like perhaps other types can be challenging and difficult to communicate w/ and get along w/ .. I might not click as easily w/ them as w/ other entps, but unconcsciously I value and am drawn to different types more because they're different ways of thinking, different values, and different outlooks give me different perspective and their different tendencies and abilities balance better w/ mine.

For example I've been spending more time and becoming closer w/ a friend who I think is an ISFP .. she' can be very senstive and a lot of her attitudes and emotions and outlooks I find frustrating, yet I find myself becoming closer w/ her. In contrast theres a co-worker I started talking to a bit a more that seems ENTP and we hit it off easily .. yet I don't see myself becoming any closer friends w/ him. It seem like w/ other ENTPS I'm always like " wow you're awesome! you get me! you have similar ideas to me, you easily immediately understand ideas I've struggle to share w/ other, you have a lot of the same interests as me ... well have a nice life" and turn and walk separate directions w/ no intention of crossing paths again.
aweeee I want to say something all parent-ish right now ..like: my boys growing up!
(I dont mean that to sound condescending..but it does..I cant fix it)

I love spending times with ENTP on PerC and for specific items. Outside of that I would
prefer to surround myself with ENTP counters or opposites. They offer new. They see
and show me things I would simply overlook or deem irrelevant. Yet they show me the relevance.

What type am I ENVIOUS of? (jealousy is clearly not the word we are looking for here).
ESFJ all the way.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
965 Posts
I basically echo what all of my fellow ENTPs said here, because they are all awesome as usual and I wouldn't want to be any other type. I love being an ENTP.

That said, as others said, I admire parts of other personalities, and love being around my ISFP brother because he brings so much insight into my thought processes, and my ENFP boyfriend because he perhaps makes me a little more touchy feely and helps me connect more emotionally which actually brings out a facet of my personality that is there but buried deep. Now, if I could just get my ENTJ best friend who lives in NYC to move closer so I could start meeting some deadlines...

As others mentioned, I think as extroverts part of why we are happy with who we are is that we can try and surround ourselves with interesting people and aren't afraid of differences, and at times these differences in experience and personality can perhaps fill in some of the ENTP blanks we have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts