• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm questioning my type.
The problem I have with the 'INFP' label is:

We're supposed to be seen as these little innocent creatures that want to go around and be nice
all the time basically we get labeled doormats,I'm not nor have ever been like that.I stand up for myself
at all costs,I'm NOT always nice and I'm certainly not innocent whatsoever. I will purposely say things to
make someone upset and have no problem letting someone know I do not like them at all and will do anything to get them away from my life. I can be a mean bitch,but at least I know I can be. I can not stand when people are stupid especially women,my roomate asked me how to spell orange and I told her and what did she say "It's weird that the color is spelt different than the fruit" Uhm oh REALLY?! She also asked me to spell Beautify for her,I just lost all my respect the little respect I had left for her.

I have a low-tolerance for people I see as Ignorant.

-I refuse to think about the future.
-I live in the present,but often think about the Past.
-I like being around people that have some things similar to me.
-I like being around people that are open,outspoken but still have warm-hearts.
-I've always been drawn to ESFP's as friends and as relationships.I wish I could be more outgoing like them,even though we usually are very similiar it seems.
-I'm actually really confident with myself,even though like everyone I have bad days.
-I love to create things,wheather musically or more art related.
-I'm VERY hands on,I can't explain or learn things without getting my hands on it.
-I don't mind being alone,I welcome it.
-I feel really amazing after I watch a good movie,or finish an amazing book.
-When someone wins on reality shows or even when something good happens to a favorite celebrity or musician my heart bursts with happiness and sometimes I'll have happy tears in my eyes.
-I like and ENJOY Pop culture,I like watching E! News and learning about celebrities.
-I like reality shows.
-I feel like more extroverted people bring me out,they can make me more outgoing.
-I can come off charming and more outgoing friendly even though inside I might be quaking but sometimes I do enjoy it.
-I can be really sarcastic/witty.

Here an example of something:
The other day I was with people and we were talking and this one kid corrected this girl when she was ranting about something but then he fucked up and I was like OHH and said the correct term.
Also I can joke around with people like if someone seems to be thinking every single thing someone says is about them I'll be like "A little narsassistic arn't we?" and it wont bother me to speak up and say it or to be playful I enjoy it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
you're INFP, not all of us are 'doormats' i assure you.

i am the same, definitely not a doormat, no tolerance for ignorant people...it's INFP, just a ballsier brand of INFP. Pop Culture is fascinating! type is the deepest, most core instincts, that is a less deep interest, type does not dictate all of our interests...

you are INFP, i am pretty sure, and you always seem very INFP on the forum (and there are many who don't seem it, but you certainly do)

have you looked into enneagram much? that really helped me, personally, when i had the same thoughts...

but, just my opinion of course, but....INFP :tongue:

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
That first post of yours gave off a strong SJ vibe, but it also vibes differently from you usual posts.

I wonder, which post did you put more behind? This one? or the normal posts?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I always got an infp vibe from you. I have noticed that infps are a lot different from each other, and many don't fit the stereotypes at all.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
(I figured for this thread you did, but went for clarity)

We're supposed to be seen as these little innocent creatures that want to go around and be nice
all the time basically we get labeled doormats
,I'm not nor have ever been like that.I stand up for myself
at all costs,I'm NOT always nice and I'm certainly not innocent whatsoever. I will purposely say things to
make someone upset and have no problem letting someone know I do not like them at all and will do anything to get them away from my life. I can be a mean bitch,but at least I know I can be. I can not stand when people are stupid especially women,my roomate asked me how to spell orange and I told her and what did she say "It's weird that the color is spelt different than the fruit" Uhm oh REALLY?! She also asked me to spell Beautify for her,I just lost all my respect the little respect I had left for her.
Infps are "supposed" to be something, sounds like an Fe, considering norms. The paragraph has a strong presence, an INFP tends to flow when they speak, it's a steady stream. This was a kind of punch-you-in-the-face thought, you weren't sharing, you were telling.
Would be odd for an INFP, even with a developed Si. The future thought, and dreamy sort of "ideal" is an INFP calling card.
Si, it looks to the past to help build a good present.
I would also mark this against an INFP, seeking possibilities and they seem to always see the good in "bad people". an INFP can be seen around any sort of person as a friend. You have a criteria.

-I'm VERY hands on,I can't explain or learn things without getting my hands on it.
While it's a stereotype, Sensors do tend to be more hands-on.

-When someone wins on reality shows or even when something good happens to a favorite celebrity or musician my heart bursts with happiness and sometimes I'll have happy tears in my eyes.
-I like and ENJOY Pop culture,I like watching E! News and learning about celebrities.
-I like reality shows.
-I can come off charming and more outgoing friendly even though inside I might be quaking but sometimes I do enjoy it.
Sounds like a good Fe.

The other day I was with people and we were talking and this one kid corrected this girl when she was ranting about something but then he fucked up and I was like OHH and said the correct term.
Also I can joke around with people like if someone seems to be thinking every single thing someone says is about them I'll be like "A little narsassistic arn't we?" and it wont bother me to speak up and say it or to be playful I enjoy it.

Going by the whole of this thread, I'd type it as ISFJ.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can you immagine an ESTJ with more intuition and feeling acting how you are? That is not a rhetorical question, but would an INFP who develops their Si and Te look much different than you?

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Developing the Tertiary and Inferior functions are not a rewiring, they would only support the INFP. A developed XXXX with their functions would actually appear stronger in their type, it's comfortable.

I find the "I just have a well developed __" as a misdirection, nothing more than avoiding the actual type.

Have you looked into function theory Cal? It would help.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Calvaire,

A lot of your justifications about why you live in the moment could be a realization in one of your values. I was thinking if you are not an INFP, perhaps you might be ISFP because I remember in the topic I posted in the INFP forum on dreamworlds, you said you saw the world, but it is more colorful and prettier than how it immediately appears. Do you have that eye towards aesthetics?

I think you still are an INFP because it seems like you are attracted to the symbolic nonetheless.

I originally typed myself as INFP upon joining the forums here because I thought I was one too. I think I changedto ISFJ because in reality I am a more left brained person, trying internally to make logical sense out of the world presented to me and how certain objects would manifest when they enter the world.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hello Calvaire..
I'll have a go at analyzing this.
"We're supposed to be seen as these little innocent creatures that want to go around and be nice
all the time basically we get labeled doormats" (hey, that sounds like me! but im "not that innocent" XD)
"I will purposely say things to make someone upset and have no problem letting someone know I do not like them at all and will do anything to get them away from my life."(this sounds F still, especially how you said "i will purposely say things to make someone upset." T types don't do that. I could care less about influencing someone's feelings or trying to make them upset, etc.)
" I can be a mean bitch,but at least I know I can be. I can not stand when people are stupid especially women,my roomate asked me how to spell orange and I told her and what did she say "It's weird that the color is spelt different than the fruit" Uhm oh REALLY?! She also asked me to spell Beautify for her,I just lost all my respect the little respect I had left for her.
I have a low-tolerance for people I see as Ignorant."
^^that sounds ST.
"-I refuse to think about the future.
-I live in the present,but often think about the Past."
This sounds S, without a doubt.
"-I've always been drawn to ESFP's as friends and as relationships.I wish I could be more outgoing like them,even though we usually are very similiar it seems."
^^sounds like an introvert, esp "wish i could be more outgoing like them."
"I'm VERY hands on,I can't explain or learn things without getting my hands on it."- score another point for S
"I don't mind being alone,I welcome it." -sounds I
"-I can be really sarcastic/witty." -This sounds T

and now for the last part..

this sounds STJ. why? you enjoy 1) correcting people(T) and making them say the "right" thing as per societal standards(S) 2) either Te or Fe, i am not sure
so after analyzing it all, you scored strongly in ISXJ.
then again, it is possible that i totally missed the boat and you are an INFP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you read David Keirsey's books? It appears to me you are trying to type yourself by letters. Maybe it would be easier to try by general temperaments: SJ, SP, NF, NT. For exemple I was somewhat confused about whether I was ENTJ or ESTJ, but upon reading the clear description of each, it appeared evident that I was ESTJ. My N is strong, yes, but my S is still stronger. It's the T that might have mislead me. So for you, you might either by SFJ, SFP or NFJ because what appears obvious in your personnality is your F. But if you try to see which temperament you really belong to, SJ, NF or SP, it might become clearer for you. I can't say I know you well enough to type you, even if I agree with the F. You can ask yourself those questions:

- History, romance or adventure novels?
- Imagining something, making something, achieving something?
- Taking care of people's needs, well-being or entertaining them?
- you mostly think about what you want to do, what you would like to do, what you have to do?

Might not be easy to answer, and those might not be the best questions. but maybe you just need to spend more time trying to understand yourself, be honest with yourself on your qualities and flaws. For exemple, maybe the fact that you can be "a mean bitch" is simply your way of protecting yourself. the fact that you admit it and hold firm on this ground is maybe the biggest proof, to me, that you might be a NF.

In my humble opinion ^^

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm questioning my type.
The problem I have with the 'INFP' label is:

all the time basically we get labeled doormats,I'm not nor have ever been like that.I stand up for myself

I have a low-tolerance for people I see as Ignorant.

-I like being around people that are open,outspoken but still have warm-hearts.
-I've always been drawn to ESFP's as friends and as relationships.I wish I could be more outgoing like them,even though we usually are very similiar it seems.
-I'm actually really confident with myself,even though like everyone I have bad days.
-I love to create things,wheather musically or more art related.
-I don't mind being alone,I welcome it.
-I feel really amazing after I watch a good movie,or finish an amazing book.
-I like reality shows.
-I feel like more extroverted people bring me out,they can make me more outgoing.
-I can be really sarcastic/witty.

My hunch says ISFJ, but that could very well be wrong. I will compare some of your things to some of mine.

I don't consider myself a doormat, people respect me for who I am. I let people indirectly know what I want, they can see it in my ways. However, I'm never mean to people and am very patient.

I follow my intuitions for my future. I made a thread on this topic sometime ago, you might find it interesting: http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/7622-you-future-oriented.html
I also like being around people that have some things similar to me.
I'm not sure if I know any people that are ESFP, but I suspect I know two. One I can't follow, one I can get along with very well.
I'm a pretty stable person as well. I love creating, but am not very hands on. I also enjoy being alone at least every day for some amount of time. I like movies that make me think and I don't like finishing a very good book, if it draws me in, I want to stay.
I absolutely dislike pop culture, glamour and superficial stuff. I have more sympathy for the counter culture.
I do like one reality show, a survival one, just for psychologic reasons. I like figuring out the charachters and following them.
My closest friends are all introverts. But I do like some extroverts. I can be very outgoing when I'm with other people.
I consider myself to be pretty sarcastic as well.

Hope that helps.

I'd suggest you do a cognitive functions test and figure out what functions you use most.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts