Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Based on a lot of confusion that most xNFPs feel as to whether they possess an I or an E, I would say you're right. Then again, what do I know? =P

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
on the surface ENTPs
in the middle INFPs
deep down INFJs

if you're pushing me for one, i'd say INFPs, just, but it feels like those three types each reflect a dimension of our personality.

ENTPs mirror our external behaviour
INFPs are the easiest to read because our actions are similarly motivated, but our focuses are slightly different
INFJs are the type i'd relate to the most in a heart-to-heart- i've had intimate chats with INFPs and INFJs, despite the fact we're direct opposites in some ways, INFJs are the ones i feel i relate to most in a deeper way- an INFP has the same recogniseable functions, but their focus is different.

·
Registered
242 Posts
on the surface ENTPs
in the middle INFPs
deep down INFJs

if you're pushing me for one, i'd say INFPs, just, but it feels like those three types each reflect a dimension of our personality.

ENTPs mirror our external behaviour
INFPs are the easiest to read because our actions are similarly motivated, but our focuses are slightly different
INFJs are the type i'd relate to the most in a heart-to-heart- i've had intimate chats with INFPs and INFJs, despite the fact we're direct opposites in some ways, INFJs are the ones i feel i relate to most in a deeper way- an INFP has the same recogniseable functions, but their focus is different.
This, exactly. Somehow I feel like the way we (ENFPs and INFJs) look at ourselves and what our deep-seeded "roots" are can sort of yin-yang each other....

I think the mechanisms of drawing out attention that can look somewhere between ENTPs and ESFPs, our emotions themselves feel a kind of kinship to INFPs, and our actual "selves" when detached from the rest of the world I feel can resonate pretty strong with INFJs :S

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
From a theoretical perspective:

ENTPs - both are Ne-dom. I believe Dario Nardi's research shows ENFPs have more in common in their thinking with ENTPs than INFPs...? Can't remember exactly.

INFPs - same functions, and if I recall, Nardi's research also shows INFPs & ENFPs to be very similar in high empathizing & attentive listening, two traits with greatly distinguish them from other types when studying how people's brains light up.

Any Pe-dom - Jung groups Se & Ne dom together as extroverted perceivers because the mindset is focused on an awareness of the external world (whereas Je types focus on organizing or making sense of the external).

Possibly an INFJ, because they are N-dom and F-aux, although I suspect this similarity will be experienced more between the two than observed in them. Jung even notes the internal world of the Ni-dom is as spontaneous as the external appearance of the Ne-dom, but the very fact that one is externalized & the other is not makes quite a difference. There could be a rude awakening down the road, as their thinking is ultimately quite different. I experience a similar thing with ENFJs.

From personal observation, ENFPs tend to look most like ESFPs, ENTPs or even ENFJs. The ENFP demeanor rarely looks like an INFP, IMO, but I think these two can be confused if you see only a glimpse of someone (a high energy moment for an INFP or a low energy one for an ENFP), or if you have a poor grasp of what each type generally looks like.

I personally see more similarity in my thinking with ENFPs than in our demeanors. Online, I may relate to their posts more than I do to them in person, as far as how they act or what they say.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Sarcasm? ????
INTJs bring out Te to play and ENFPs bring out Fi to cuddle. When an INTJ and ENFP are bringing out each other's tertiary functions, they can very easily resemble each other.

EDIT: Of course it depends on the INTJ and ENFP.... There are other types that are more alike to ENFPs. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
For me it has to be ENTP.
At least externally, around new people.
It's that Ne dom that makes ENTP and ENFP's so talkative.
On a deeper Lvl ENFP's resemble a lot like INFP's due to their Fi dom and ENFP's Fi auxiliary.

I don't know if ENFP resembles INFJ's, due to their Ni and Fe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts