Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is very hard to type someone based on a few videos, but that is all the information I can find.
PLEASE GIVE IT A SHOT AND TRY TO TYPE THIS GUY, SINCE I LIKE HIM A LOT.
This is what you need to know about him in order to type him:

His name is Vukasin Markovic. He is 30. He's a reggae musician from Serbia, which is very rare and weird itself, since reggae is a very unpopular genre of music there.
He started off as a child actor in a soap-opera that aired from 1998-2002. His acting skills were remarkable and he was a very cute boy, so, after, the show ended, he was SHOWERED with offers fo some really impressive roles. He was 17 at the time. However, he declined them all, insisting that he doesn't find himself in acting anymore. He basically dissed fame and fortune and from a super-popular boy and heart-throb he became almost anonymous. He let the fame fade away. It seemed lik he really didn't care at all for that.

He was such a passionate and devoted fan of a reggae group, that they asked him to become their member and he gladly agreed. It was a crazy decision, in my opinion, becasue they were anonymous. However, he stated that he was finally doing what he loved. He started doing some charity shows and small events. He was also featured in a campain for animal rights. He never seemed to miss the hedonism that popularity brings.
Since the end of his acting career in 2002, he was featured in some non-mainstream and low-budget projects that he had VERY carefully picked. He always insisted that he really needs to see a message and a meaning in a project in order to take part in it.
He has been a part of that regae group for about 10 years; then he formed his own little group because he said that the previous one wasn't maintaining the course they once took. Anyway, he still colaborates with his first group and does songs together.
He has shown great effort in popularizing reggae music in Serbia and that region. He has been devoted to that 101% and it seems that he has made a step further. He took part in a reggae competion with his new group and they won the first prize and the title of "the best reggae band in Europe".
One thing is for sure: he is SUPER non-conformist: he ditched fame and fortune for doing what he really loved and what was meaningfull to him. He did that to that point where it was extremely dangerous for his career. Also, he was never scilent about how shallow and non-meaningful mainstream music in Serbia is. He is very vocal about it. He is stayin faitful to what he believes in even though it is very unpopular and he has almost NO benefit from it. That's just something I think is very obvious and significant for him. Also, I have to say that he is VERY optimistic and always says how he still thinks that reggae can become popular in Serbia. Whenever interviewers say how he is irrelaent (there are some really rude interviewers) he laughs it off and uses sarcasm, yet, doesn't backfire and start a fight. He stays polite.
It is also important to mention that he is now kind of "embarrassed" of his role in that soap-opera when he was a boy. That is a very popular show and they keep re-running it over and over. When asked about if he is affraid that he will forever be remembered by that role he had as a boy, he said: " I am aware that he's (character's) face will haunt me till my death, but I have accepted it, and I have no problem with that (laughs)".
He is VERY dedicated and persistant. He is also very skilled in what he is doing with his band, Irie FM. He is a great musician. He plays trombone and write songs.

I will try to translate one of the songs he wrote:

"This one goes to her
who stole the nights,
all the nights that I can never get back.
This is torture, It is no more pain,
and I cannot understand how I keep going forward.

Lost and alone I don't see my path anymore...
My path.
Because your light isn't there to guide me.
When you gave me all,
that's when I lost you.
There's nothing I wouldn't do
to go back in time.
I am trying everything, but you..

...... you keep sliding, sliding threw my fingers.
sliding, sliding threw my fingers.

I won't let the time fly by
and I don't whant other girls to heal m wounds,
my darling, you should know that
nobody can follow a broken heart.

After all of that, all I can hear is this sound:
"You are sliding threw my fingers"
my name on your lips of ice
And you should know that I am dying
knowing that you will be here
(Sliding threw my fingers)
far enough so I can watch you
threw my memory
and I am protecting that!
I am protecting that!

Here is the only interview on English that I could find of him. Remember: English is not his first language.

Here is a video of him singing the song that I translated above:

Here is a music video of the song (that tells a lot about the author as well)

Here is a clip from that soap opera that he starred in as a 1 year old. (Wasn't he SOOOOO cute ?)
and he was 12 here:
(#childhood #memories)

I also forgot to say that he is very secreative about his private life. He doesn't have any social media, only a facebook page of his group Irie Fm, but it is known that he is very close to his sister and mother.

I know that it might be really complicated to try to guess this, since you don't know him, but I have said everything important there is to know about his personality and life choices and decisions that might gie away his mbti type.
I know that you guys don't have time to watch all of these, but, PLEASE watch it, at least a little bit. It would mean the world to me because he was my first crush ever when I was 3 years old and I admire him as a person and I enjoy his music as well.
I have some ideas of what MBTI type or Enneagram type he might be, but I am not gonna say anything before you say your opinion, because I dont whant to make subjective questions. ;)
Thank you once again, have a great day.

GOD BLESS

·
Registered
515 Posts
My impression is ISTJ.

He has specific tastes, well developed interests in his niche, follows his own drum beat... unflappable, it sounds. Really into his individual interest. Expresses himself through actions... does not argue over values, but deeds. The way he goes about his art struck me as similar to Adele, a recording artist famous in the Western world, and also an ISTJ. She is similar: dedicated and specific to her genre of music, does not conform or sway to popular interest, and the subjects of his and her songs seem similar as well - singing about their personal experiences, artistically, with lots of heartfelt stuff. They both seem sturdy, immovable even, especially based off of what you said.

ISTJ? :th_o: God bless you too!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say @IDontThinkSo that I actually DO think so. I thought an NF for sure.
Here is my way of realising that:

1 The way he was SO not interested in the fame and the materialistic things made me think he was an intuitive. The way he is critisizing mainstream music and how he is not even a little bit interested to be a part of it are just SO N. Then, the most obvious, is that he "only wanted to be a part of those projects that have meaning for him". That just SCREAMS intuitives! Then, his lyrics do not have even a single shread of concrete stuff. They are not telling a story, "this happened, then this happened, then we went there, then she did that". There are no details in the lyrics, just abstract and very poetical and lovely messages. He has uncompromising emotions and the way he delivered them is the definition of intuitive songwriting. Him just being SO unconventional and non-mainstream, (doesn't even have social media) and non-conformists is SO xNxx.

2 Once I realizied he is an intuitive, I whanted to see weather he was a Rationalist (NT) or a Diplomat (NF). It was very clear from the very begining that he is and NF. Why? He ditched all the fame and fortune for following his TRUE dreams. He obviously made a decision listening to his heart, not logic. That's what Diplomats do. He chose the option that fulfilled his moral standards, even though that wasn't practical. Enough said.

HE IS AN NF.

But witch one?
This is a little harder, because I have reasons for almost all of the Diplomats. He may be any one of them.

While reading his lyrics and watching him sing them, I noticed something that REALLY gives it away: HIS EYES WERE CLOSED THE WHOLE TIME! That is Fi speacking there. It is well-known that musicians with dominant or auxilary Fi close there eyes a lot while singing personal lyrics. It is like they are watching what happened all over again, but from the inside.
I also see how he was talking to the interviewer in the first video and he was just "thinking out loud" while explaining the name of the group, for example. (Te)
That would make him either and ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si) or INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te).

But ENFPs (because of the Ne) and even INFPs (Ne as auxilary function) are always seeking something new and excieting. I don't think that any of those two would be able to maintain on the same path for so long and to persue one goal for such a long time.

His dedication and laser-focus on one thing (making reggae more popular) seems judging to me. That would make him an xNFJ.
Both INFJ and ENFJ have the same functions, just in different order.
There would be Fe, wich also make sense, because you can see (in the interview) that he has a ery expressive face and "smiles with his eyes". He is also very charming and that is an Fe thing, we have to agree. ;) And how he fought against animal cruelty is preetty Fe to me.
I may be able to debate Ni in his case, because he "seeks meaning and message in everything". Ne wouldn't care. Ne would chase every new oportunity.
Se would be either a tertiary or inferior function (weather he is an ENFJ or INFJ). Anyway it is low on "the scale" as he is not interested in the material world whatsoever.
Ti may be explainedbe the way he talks. It seems like he makes pauses to "come back for more information" and then deliver it. Maybe it's that, or it is just the language barrier... LOL

I can't really tell if he is an introvert or extrovert. That NEVER happens to me. His body language in the interview (closed hands) may make him an introvert, but again, that may be only due to the language barrier, because he is pretty confident in interviews in Serbian.

I REALLY don't know what exactly type he is, but I am PRETTy sure that he is an NF (Diplomat). For me it is leaning towards the xNFJs for the reasons I stated before.

In the begining of the post I agreed with you on th ENFP thing, but then, as I was alalyzing it (just using my Ti :D) I wasn't so sure anymore. Could you please explain why you thought he is an ENFP? Thank you so much, fellow ENTP! Wish you all the best.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much @daybreak ! I appreciate your time and opinion, however, I think that he is an NF for sure.
And, ofcourse I know who Adele is! I haven't been living under a rock! LOL

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The way he was SO not interested in the fame and the materialistic things made me think he was an intuitive. The way he is critisizing mainstream music and how he is not even a little bit interested to be a part of it are just SO N. Then, the most obvious, is that he "only wanted to be a part of those projects that have meaning for him". That just SCREAMS intuitives! Then, his lyrics do not have even a single shread of concrete stuff. They are not telling a story, "this happened, then this happened, then we went there, then she did that". There are no details in the lyrics, just abstract and very poetical and lovely messages. He has uncompromising emotions and the way he delivered them is the definition of intuitive songwriting. Him just being SO unconventional and non-mainstream, (doesn't even have social media) and non-conformists is SO xNxx.
ugh... "sensors are conventional, concrete, interested in fame and materialistic things, not poetical" thats NOT what a being a sensor means. jeese.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
So much Si and Fi, he seems very past-oriented and determined in his goals. Probably ISTJ. Don't understand what he's singing so can't type from that.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
In the begining of the post I agreed with you on th ENFP thing, but then, as I was alalyzing it (just using my Ti :D) I wasn't so sure anymore. Could you please explain why you thought he is an ENFP? Thank you so much, fellow ENTP! Wish you all the best.
The structure of his skull, the signs of hormonal balance on the face, his attitude. I didn't listen to what he said, tldl.

The reason why you type someone F rather than T or J rather than P are mostly wrong, since as most people you follow the mbti bullshit dynamics. Neither TE is a function, nor the 3rd most important mental process of an ENFP. NFP and NFJ have no opposite dynamics. And much more... but it's not the place and moment to criticize it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then, I would be REALLY interested to know what is the RIGHT way to decide weather somebody is a feeler or thinker/judger or perceiver... LOL :D (That's sarcasm, if you didn't notice there).
I stand 100% behind what I said because I have thought it threw before posting it. My point is superb and I have defended it in such a manner. Unlike you, even though English is not my first language and I may have some spelling mistakes, my choice of words, facts, proofs, explenations and opinions are based on MBTI, real psychology and if you have a different opinion that you want to serve in such a rude manner, I suggest coming to my level (intellectually, not in how many times you were thanked :D ), so that we can use the same terminology, and, therefore, understand each other better.

BTW, SKULL...? That killed me. :D
God Bless @IDontThinkSo

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing he was singing is the song that I translated to English. Those lyrics I posted are actually the lyrics he sings in video number 2.
I debated the Fi/Fe thing with myself :D and, although, I can defend both, I am more certain it is Fi, like you said.
Can't see the Si, though. @Blue Soul I like your name.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@karmachameleon I am responsible for what I say, not for what others understand. I wise person once said...
I have know idea weather you are unsatisfied that you are not an Intuitive (there is no reason for that, BTW), but you are missing the point here.
The things that Sensors lack in are the things that are Intuitives' biggest virtues and vice-versa. Just because I have stated some good things about being a Intuitive, doesn't mean that I was accusing Sensors. You had jumped into a conclusion wich is REALLY immature.
I always stand by what I said: yes, I do believe that Intuitives are more likely to be non-conformists and that they are drawn to more abstract things than Sensors are. Why do I believe in that? Because it is the FREAKIN' definition of the Intuitives. I am sorry that you are not satisfied with that, but that is what MBTI is about.
Just because I said the things that are TRUE and the things I admire in Intuitives, doesn't mean that I dislike Sensors for not having those things.

Nobody is perfect and I don't believe that Ns are more special than Ss. I could've said:" I admire Sensors for being down to earth, stable, and determined". That wouln't mean that I think INtuitives are "up in the clouds, unstable and not-determined". That would just mean that I listed things that Sensors are best in. Sensors may be down to earth, stable and determined, bit Intuitives are flowy, excietable and enthusiastic! You see?
Everybody has virtues and everybody has flaws. No type is by definition better than the others. Just because an Intuitive is being "awesome" in one area of life that doesn't automaticaly mean that Sensors are the opposite of that. The things Intuitives lack in, Sensors complement them and vice-versa. It is a balance.
Everybody should love who they are, but yet still now that EVERYBODY has flaws, as well as GOOD things.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HAHA I saw that I said he was 1 year old in a clip! LOL!!! I type so fast that my fingers must've slipped away. 16 is what I meant.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The thing he was singing is the song that I translated to English. Those lyrics I posted are actually the lyrics he sings in video number 2.
I debated the Fi/Fe thing with myself :D and, although, I can defend both, I am more certain it is Fi, like you said.
Can't see the Si, though.
Those lyrics are focused on his own feelings and anguish over past events, and I think some of the expressions are directly subjective and sensory in nature in how they describe what has happened to him (After all of that, all I can hear is this sound: "You are sliding through my fingers"). Fi and Si all over the place.

These are the functions I see in his choice of path as well, moving back to idealized roots, not caring about if others oppose him in doing so. He's nervous but composed. I would say that his perfomance seems very internal, he's not about making contact with the audience but more about trying to convey how he feels. I could see INFP as an alternative, but I don't know enough about him to decide for sure.

I like your name.
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Blue Soul I have just finnished listening to his song again and just as I was about to click "reply" and say how you were right about the Si, I see your new post! LOL
So: Yes, you were right about the Si. Fi is obvious. The part where you said how he doesn't connect with the audience, but rather just expreses his emotions... Oh, boy! You legit took my words! That was I was about to say. The musicians/performers who connect with the audience are Fe usually. This is just another proof he is Fi. When I though he was Fe, I said that I don't think an Fi can be so charismatic, but I guess that his charisma comes from Ne then.
That makes it clear than, he has: Fi (which we are teh most sure about), Te, Si and Ne. Having these cognitive functions can mean that he is one of the following types: ESTJ (Te, Si, Ne, Fi), ISTJ (Si, Te, Fi, Ne), ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si) or INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te).
I have had so much proof that he is an NF, so that narrows it down to ENFP or INFP. (You know, I initally though that he was an xNFJ since he was so determined and focused, but I guess that is not because he is a Judging type, but that determination just comes from crazy strong will that Ne dom. and aux. have. Especially in combination with Fi, rather than Ti).
I think he is an extrovert. I am not sure, though. Here is this video. It is the same song that you've heard, but there is an interview in the end. Please listen to it. I know that you don't speak Serbian, but try to catch his expressions, his eye movement (they go crazy for those who have Ne, like me ;) :D ) and body language. Just ANYTHING. Please, I am looking forward to your reply. The video is LONG, but the part I whant you to see starts around 37:20 minutes. Please, ff it to that time and watch the interview

1 - 20 of 51 Posts