Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how I would describe my father. I already know, or am quite sure of, his type. His Enneagram is still unclear to me. I am curious of what type you think he is, judging by what I have written here.

We have always been very close. He is the most idealistic person I have ever known. He is also extremely busy with his business and his job. I feel like he has three different faces, or masks.

The first mask is his work mask, he is serious, challenging and works until he is mentally exhausted.

The second maks is his funny joking mask. He makes jokes, acts ridiculous and has a lot of fun acting insane. His Se takes control and he does a lot of funny things on impulse.

His third mask is serious, emotional and intuitive. He tells me he understands me, he tells me he knows me better than any person in the world. He claims we are just the same. He says he and I think alike, we are the same. He becomes very affectionate and philosophical. He enjoys talking about aliens and strange things when he wears this mask.

I like him the most when he is in his third mask. We get the least along when he wears his first mask, the work and business mask. This is when he becomes controlling and acts like he is the boss and I am nothing but someone who should follow my duty. I hate the first mask. I love the third mask.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Draumande Romvesen:17137698 said:
This is how I would describe my father. I already know, or am quite sure of, his type. His Enneagram is still unclear to me. I am curious of what type you think he is, judging by what I have written here.

We have always been very close. He is the most idealistic person I have ever known. He is also extremely busy with his business and his job. I feel like he has three different faces, or masks.

The first mask is his work mask, he is serious, challenging and works until he is mentally exhausted.

The second maks is his funny joking mask. He makes jokes, acts ridiculous and has a lot of fun acting insane. His Se takes control and he does a lot of funny things on impulse.

His third mask is serious, emotional and intuitive. He tells me he understands me, he tells me he knows me better than any person in the world. He claims we are just the same. He says he and I think alike, we are the same. He becomes very affectionate and philosophical. He enjoys talking about aliens and strange things when he wears this mask.

I like him the most when he is in his third mask. We get the least along when he wears his first mask, the work and business mask. This is when he becomes controlling and acts like he is the boss and I am nothing but someone who should follow my duty. I hate the first mask. I love the third mask.
you will not believe me but this sounds exactly like my dad. the bad part is when he wears the first mask at home and starts being bossy and rude to me...haha

the second mask is the one he uses when he's happy I think. He also says I look a lot like him and our personalities are the same (he's ISTJ Im ENFP so same functions different order xD I think we can be very different but also very similar sometimes)
I wouldnt say he gets too philosophical but he talks a lot about aliens and about his theory: they put us here in the earth (?) crazy dad...He also uses his Si in a philosophical way sometimes but not that much. He uses his inferior Ne pretty wrll when we're in trouble and need new ideas to face the problem, so he can get intuitive too.

My dad is 8w7 (just like me) and ISTJ, the fisrt mask sometimes makes me think he's a 1 but just because I tend to imagine 1s as the J-iest of the J's.

I think your dad could be an 8w7 too, the first mask is very J-ish and dominant and bossy (so 8-ish) and the second one is more childish and funny (less J, more 7)

About your dad: maybe if he gets very philosophical he could be an INXJ, I can picture Ni users being like this. The fisrt mask looks very Te so INTJ? Or maybe ISTJ like my father

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.