Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has been very close with me for nearly 4 years now. I haven't got an amazing idea of what personality type he might be. It seems that when he actually takes the test his results change quite a lot. I kinda have an idea of who he is and am lead to believe he is an NT, but he doesn't seem extremely rational all the time. It just seems like I haven't been friends with a lot of sensing friends, but he does kinda strike me as that sometimes. Some characteristics of him:

- Very good at chess, cards and has a wide variety of talents
- Enjoys lots of music anything from Coldplay to Queen to opera
- Likes to be in the spotlight or center of attention quite a lot
- Can sometimes be seen as very mean/unsympathetic (my ENTP friend sympathizes with this girl we know whenever she has a problem and he just gets mad at her for making a scene)
- Has a humor quite similar to mine
- Only likes certain people whereas others are usually "annoying"
- Hates it when you show up late for something or try to tell him what to do
- Tends to notice sounds/noises quite easily
- Isn't that fussy when someone makes a mistake or something and doesn't pay much attention to it
- Is kinda into wearing stylish clothes (but others might not view it as stylish and see it as kinda weird)
- Is viewed as very different from other people
- Likes to really take charge when creating ideas and sometimes plans quite a lot

·
Registered
221 Posts
From what you've given I have a hunch he's an ESFJ...
That could be somewhere to start. Perhaps read some pages on that type and see if it fits? I'm pretty sure he's an E, seeing how he likes to be in the center of attention and his irritance with people being late and ability to plan things out like that make me thing J....
Though I'm no pro in this typing business and feel that it would be helpful to have a little bit more info. Like, do you know how he would approach a problem? Have any examples of his though process?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what you've given I have a hunch he's an ESFJ...
That could be somewhere to start. Perhaps read some pages on that type and see if it fits? I'm pretty sure he's an E, seeing how he likes to be in the center of attention and his irritance with people being late and ability to plan things out like that make me thing J....
Though I'm no pro in this typing business and feel that it would be helpful to have a little bit more info. Like, do you know how he would approach a problem? Have any examples of his though process?
Good point. I guess I should of mentioned how he learns. Its important to know the cognition the most in typing.

I guess for problem solving he's more prone to solve problems on his own and based on the "best solution". Generally I tend to be more optimistic, but if there's a problem he'll usually just "scratch it" and move on. When doing so, he'll plan out ideas without really having done them yet and perfect them when they are ready for action.

I don't really know much of his thought processes, but he's far more vulnerable to following good ideas from me and tends to disagree with people who he thinks are wrong. A bit less analytic than me, but we endorse quite similar views philosophically and I tend to share my views on it and he says for example "view a would work if country a worked together with country b".

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can see ENTJ. The wanting to look stylish though, is that Fe-ish you think? Like a first impression, get people to like me kind of thing? But he notices sounds easily. That doesn't always mean Se, for the record, because I know a lot of Si types who notice them too, but it makes me wonder. Is he good at tuning out his enviroment or shutting it out mentally?

The "scratching" at soultions in his head could be Ni. I'd guess ENFJ or ENTJ

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see ENTJ. The wanting to look stylish though, is that Fe-ish you think? Like a first impression, get people to like me kind of thing? But he notices sounds easily. That doesn't always mean Se, for the record, because I know a lot of Si types who notice them too, but it makes me wonder. Is he good at tuning out his enviroment or shutting it out mentally?

The "scratching" at soultions in his head could be Ni.
I'd think that stylish is more a result of the senses, because it involves the sensational part of aesthetics and imagery dealt with through sight. Si types might have their own idea of senses, so that's where they may get it from.

My friend is totally not "get people to like me" as much as he comes off though. He seems far more "I'm cool. Either take it or leave it" in a way. Like he's quite social, but if he finds that people are rude to him he won't hesitate to flip them off or get mad at them. He is pretty passive though. If you make a joke, he'll be cool with it, just as long as it doesn't cross the line.

He can tune his environment out quite easily. I think he doesn't really pay extremely close attention to mistakes/inconsistencies in the environment and kinda "goes with it".

ENTJ seems about right I guess. I am an INTP and we're best friends, so it would make sense that our functions almost "compliment each other".

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, probably ENTP. Nevermind. Scratching on this and finding solutions in his head could be Ti too.
ENTP. I wouldn't think so. Our other friend is an ENTP and they seem very different. I would probably go with ENTJ. He definitely has Se, but his Te and Ni seem to be higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts