Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys reckon is the type most picky with food? I would say personally the Si dom types seem like that won't eat anything that isn't in their normal menu.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Si probably

Yea like they're quite fukin picky i just wanna put some poop on their fave food (ー。ー#)

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
IxxJs maybe in general seem very particular

But actually picky like won't try a lot or eat what they don't like, seems like IxFJs I have known

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
My ENFP brother doesn't even want to try food that he hasn't proved before, which is a bit ridiculous.

As for me, likely INFJ: I am obnoxious with the appearance and smell of food. I am the kind of person who sniffs food before putting it on the plate (sounds disgusting when I put it like this, but in reality it is no big deal). My mother (ESFJ, I think) always disliked that, but it makes sense to me. I have only once in my entire life ate something that didn't look good, but tasted good. As for the smell, it is usually directly tied to taste. I am not putting stinky food in my mouth. No way.

That aside, I am not picky at all. Well, I am on a diet, so that makes me picky, but my natural self eats most food available.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I'll try anything once, now, but up until I was like 25, I refused to try so many types of food that I just thought smelt like shit.

Indian food was a massive offender, couldn't stand the smell, at about 23 my sister got me to try something.. a Bhaji? It was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
So that put me further off the food, it tastes as shit as it smelt.

My wife ordered dinner one time before I got home from work when I was about 27~ and got indian (she knew I wouldn't agree to it..) and we had butter chicken, I fucking.. LOVED it. Now I want butter chicken every night.
Now Indian restaurants smell awesome to me. Big fan.

Similar story with seafood, I didn't even try it until I was about that same age, just decided fuck it one day at a restaurant and ordered the most seafoody seafood option they had for the lulz, I liked it a lot so now I'll test out any seafood options pretty much except the weird stuff.

Asides from a couple of niche things I didn't want to try (basically just the above, indian food and seafood), I've always been massively open to new foods, least picky person you'll meet except I don't eat brussel sprouts, not even going to try.

As far as trying new food goes, I'd appear as an Se dominant I think, I'll be camping out waiting for it to cook, I'll be testing that shit as it's cooking, I'll be way up in that shit boiz, whenever we go out to restaurants etc I will *always* try something new, I get bored of places that have no new items on the menu.

I'm like a total 'new food' monster now. It feeds into my immense arrogance because I can genuinely tell people, regardless of what restaurant they say they're going to, that I've been there and had most of the menu - and I can spout off pretentious recommendations for them to try - if I catch them *after* they've already eaten, I can tell them I've had the same meal they did ages ago and that I preferred the (insert other item off menu).

For most picky, yeah, I'd agree with Si types - my ISTJ friend won't try shit all new, he knows what he likes and that's that, he ain't gonna shift. He's always going to get a burger and chips and an iced chocolate, every time, regardless of where he goes.
He's been ordering the same thing for over 10 years now.

My ESTJ brother in law is the same but he'll.. eh, it's like he tries something new at a restaurant, once.. so each repeat time, he orders the same thing. He's got like a favourite at various restaurants now.
His ISTJ (total guess) is the same as my ISTJ friend, ridiculously picky and will only have the same thing every time, regardless of where he goes. Straight up won't try anything new.

I don't say this stuff to make ISTJ types feel bad, it's real, and I'm sure they know it, they must, I think these kinds of things become a part of an Si dominants identity - like, it means something to them, it's important to them, that they stay true to these kinds of values etc - it's who they are. They're the burger, chips and iced chocolate guy. That's part of them as a person.

My ESFJ wife usually has the same thing, but she will always ask me what I thought of this or that whenever we go to places again - she pretty much sticks with her favourite dish every time again, but if I really like something, she might try it down the track.
She's learn that when I say "it wasn't bad", that this means poor-average.. if I say "it was fucking shit" then it was fucking shit, and if I was "yeah it was good" then that means it was amazing, highly recommended, perfect 5/7, would buy again.

Why is this post so long.
I'm an INTJ, not picky.
I think Si types are picky, based on my own experience with an entire family of them + one of my best friends.

That ISTJ friend picks the same characters and same weapons etc in games, he'll start every Pokemon game with the Fire starter, I swear this kind of thing is who he is as a person.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Probably Highly Sensitive People (HSPs)-- I believe INFx are more often HSPs, but any type could be, theoretically.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I'd say high Si is most likely to be picky.

Personally I'm a really picky eater and I don't think I have high Si.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,438 Posts
I'd like to say that SJs being picky and narrow-minded about food is a stereotype, but FFS! Suggest anything outside of pepperoni/peppers/mushrooms on a pizza and they're like ''Ewwww! They put that on pizza now??''

Conversely my Ne-Dom friends: ''sea sponge soup?? Where can I find that?''

·
Registered
746 Posts
Definitely Si-users. I'm extremely open to trying any food, despite my favorite thing to order being Macarooni And Cheese, BBQ Ribs/Chicken, and Boston Baked Beans. It just intrigues me how so many people make them in different ways, the meal rarely tastes the same to me.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Interesting that it's "people with high Si" because Si is last in my stacking and I'm a very picky eater -- my ENTP brother is even pickier than me; he doesn't seem to eat anything but meat, bread, potatoes, and derivatives of the above.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So, the final answer lingers around Si.
Now, take the opposite, me for example.
Jeez, food is becoming a chore now. I want it fast and just OK, doesn't have to be delicious at all, it's just a task that needs to get done. I actually get super bored in conversations about good food. Even if it's food I love, I will just say it's food I love. That's about it. Let's go blow something up.

One night, after roller skating, we got super hungry (that leg workout!). Got some buffalo wings. Ate them, vacuumed them right in.
Could not sleep.
I end up vomiting because of the excess of buffalo sauce and my stomach going "you freaking idiot". I cried so much (this happened last year. I cry like a baby when I throw up. I feel violated from my own insides).

If I smell buffalo sauce now, I'll gag like a pregnant woman at the sight of raw chicken.
That's as picky as I've gotten. Other than that, I'll eat carelessly. VERY carelessly. I've eaten things I should not have.

(FUN FACT: I had to spell check myself when typing the verb "gag" since I was going to type "gauge" instead. I went ahead and typed gag on google images.
I'm never going to do that again.)

·
Registered
987 Posts
In my experience, SJs. I know two SJs that get the same grocery list every week. Their ISTJ son refuses to eat on a food schedule outside of the one he grew up with. If you can get him to a restaurant, the only thing he will order is a Dr. Pepper. I also know an ISTJ and ISFJ set of brothers who refuse anything but the most garbagey, familiar, fast food. Of course, this does not go for all the SJs I know, but of the picky eaters I know, all but two are SJs. (The two who aren't are an ENFP who is a hypochondriac and therefore fearful of having a bad reaction to unfamiliar food, and an INTP, strangely enough. He refuses anything that even vaguely resembles vegetables.).

I tend to be enthusiastic about trying just about anything new. I'm the one who can be found dragging home rabbit, or weirdly-flavored pop tarts, or cow tongue, or unusual things from the international aisle, or ostrich from the grocery store because it's novel. My SO has joked that I'd easily pass the bizarre food challenges on Survivor. My parents, ENTJ and ENFP, also tend to be sorts who will try anything once.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hehe well if I ran through the list of picky eaters I know, quite a few have Si in their stack. I know plenty of Si-doms that aren't picky at all though, so I'd have to do some statistical tests of significance here :p For myself as an ISTJ and husband as ISFJ, we'll both try anything and are attracted to strange things on menus, but we're also food enthusiasts. I know plenty of Ns that don't try many foods, but I couldn't say whether it's because they don't see the point (because they don't care), or if it's because they've had the same diet for so long their body doesn't react well to anything very different..

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am an ESFP and I will try anything at least once...and usually enjoy it. New things excite me! haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts