Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I had a question about a certain line of behaviour, and was wondering what type, or function it may be associated with.

I have the tendency to get very excited about an idea, and I feel like I just *have* to put it in motion. Be this a novel, a painting, an RPG character, or anything of the sort. I get ridiculously excited, and I'll probably spend multiple hours working on the idea. But then, after a while, the whole thing just fades and I almost always leave it half-finished. Half a novel there and half a painting there.

I also tend to get very distracted when doing something I'd rather not be doing, and might end up procrastinating for hours.

Opinions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats so Ne lol. You could be either ENTP or ENFP, but you give me more of ENTP vibes so maybe you should try to check ENTP profile and see if maybe that matches your personality.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
This sounds like typical Extraverted Intuition. It's the dominant function of ENTPs and ENFPs, and the Auxiliary function of INTPs and INFPs.

I think I might be mistyped, as I can fully relate to this.
Just last month I thought how cool it would be to make a giant lego robot. So I started searching for all the possible pieces, had the idea fully worked out. Then suddenly "Ah, screw it.". I just threw all my plans away. :p

The idea is usually more beautiful than the realization, I've found. I imagine something to be grand and fantastic, but then reality comes along and usually it's a dissapointment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I'm most definitely NOT extraverted, but that Ne thing sounds about right. I'll have to read more about it.

Ninjaws, HAHA! Giant Lego robot?! I know the feeling, you have this beautiful idea and you kind of have to pour it out, but reality might not match the grandeur.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Oh, I'm most definitely NOT extraverted, but that Ne thing sounds about right. I'll have to read more about it.

Ninjaws, HAHA! Giant Lego robot?! I know the feeling, you have this beautiful idea and you kind of have to pour it out, but reality might not match the grandeur.
Hehe. ^^

When you look at the functions you should ignore introversion/extroversion though. It just means you have an extroverted function as your dominant function. You should forget all about the 4 letter typing when you are looking at the functions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts