Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ESFPs! I have a question for you. Obviously.

So, I'm writing about a ESFP (I'm an author), and I need to start developing his lifelong best friend. And ... I frankly have no idea what his personality should be like. I'm an ISTP who has an ESFP friend, but I don't particularly want the character to resemble me. Like ... at all. :p

So ... what types do you get along with? Not in the "hey, we're friends, let's have a good time" way (which seems to be ESFPs with just about everyone in my experience, haha), but in the deep, "I'm willing to share my inner thoughts and have deep conversations with you" way. Or does it depend more on the person than their type in your experience?

Basically, the ESFP I'm talking with has been friends with [unnamed guy] for all his life and they used to tell each other anything. Also, I'm planning for this friend to marry the ESFP's slightly-younger sister. How would the ESFP react?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hello!

As an ESFP my best friend is INFP, which I've learned is a hit or miss personality to be good friends with, but our friendship has lasted our whole lives and will go on forever. We spend a lot of our time together in deep conversations about different observations in life, most people don't understand that an ESFP has that side to them, and we RARELY show it to anyone. We argue about things but we almost never, ever fight. When we do though its brutal...two very passionate personalities in completely different ways. When it comes to it though, we'd take a bullet for each other. I lift her personality up and she grounds mine.

My other best friend is an ISFJ. Again we never fight, even less than with the INFP. We always have a good time together and again spend lots of time in deep conversation more about the facts of our own lives and how things are going. It's a more playful relationship, whereas with the INFP it definitely has its own fun but less lighthearted, if that makes sense. We are a lot more alike in our feistiness, strong personalities and love of adventure.

Also, an ESFP would be more than delighted if a best friend marries a sibling. I'm always trying to pair best friends up with siblings! haha!

I hope that helps! :)

Reactions: KellBell
1 - 3 of 3 Posts