Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISFPs what type is your SO or someone you like/dated in the past etc.? Are you drawn to a certain type? You get the idea.

My girlfriend is an INTJ and talking to a friend he said that was kind of "an unusual pairing." (choices of words made me laugh when he said it). Anyway it works out for us we have A LOT in common and get along great. Just wondered if there were any other "unusual pairings"(that still sounds stupid as hell to me haha)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My ex boyfriend that I was with for about three years is an INTP, but I've found that bizarrely so are a lot of people I'm close to (my best friend and my dad are both INTPs as well).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to have a thing with an ESFJ in the past (like yeaaaars ago), but that didn't end very well, we just weren't right for each other. He was too much for me, Fe/Fi clash I guess. Right now I have... something happening with an ENFJ, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

What comes to actual relationships, my first girlfriend ever was an ISTP, I think. It was my best relationship so far, no doubt. Something about that Ti-Se... ISTPs seem to be a thing for me in general, I'm always crushing on them. They're great.

My second and latest girlfriend was a tested ENTP. It was a messy, relatively unhealthy on/off relationship. No wonder they say ISFPs and ENTPs don't mix and match. We got along great, though, but there were way too many differences and miscommunications. Chinese whispers throughout the relationship.

For some reason I also know a lot of ENFPs, no idea where they're coming from.

Reactions: Inguz

·
Registered
568 Posts
My husband is an INTP.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I'm fairly sure she's ENFP, though she's usually acting more introvert then extrovert, but I think that may be due to HSP. When she's with family and close friends that disappears almost completely and she acts extrovert for days, don't think that is so common for INFPs. Aside from the I/E issue she's a classic ENFP, and tbh her Fi is well matched against my Fi.

I don't think INTJ or other Te's would be all that good, I make a clear separation between what I feel and what I think and what is right or wrong, I don't see a conflict at all in it. If I for example would say that I believe in a basic income guarantee for everyone that doesn't mean that I've thought about how to do it practically, and I'm not ready to back down on that even if it's not possible at the moment or whatever. Someone attacking my ideals from a practical standpoint doesn't get very far and only adds to the heat of the moment for me. I don't care how impossible it is, I still believe in it. :tongue:

Ti is supposed to be a bigger conflict than Te, but I think this stems more from my inferior Te, compared to Ti which really isn't all that different from Fi in appearance at times. Like how I recently argued for chakras to my father (he's a strong atheistic skeptic), that the chakras, their color and then both mental and physical correspondence essentially is the same as being discovered in the science of colors -- and he won't discriminate such ideas as they do have some factual substance somehow. He may come back a day later or so and point out potential flaws in what I said, and I appreciate that.

Take this not with a grain of salt, but a handful of it, as this is just my perspective. :laughing:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know but I am certain he is an introvert...

He tried to take a test but he's so rubbish at reading things properly and making sure he understands before clicking the answer that it came out completely wrong lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
My hand doesn't have a type. :tongue:

And the only boyfriend I had way back then, gee, I don't remember. Maybe ESFJ or ESFP.

I don't go out looking for people, but I guess that in theory, I would be attracted to someone similar to me, i.e. a fairly balanced out introvert (IXXX) with both an artistic and a scientific bent.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My fiance is an ISFP, and I am an INFJ. We are an "odd pairing" for many reasons according to certain MBTI recommendations, which I don't understand because I think we're (almost) perfect for each other :) I guess we're both kind of quirky for our types, as well. The S-N crossover can be very challenging at times because we experience the world and process it VERY differently. I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a relationship though - are you looking for someone to share your deepest and most complex thoughts and ideas with and who will inherently understand them, or are you looking for someone who broadens your point of view and challenges you to see the world differently and develop some of your weaker characteristics? It is a difficult choice, but we chose the latter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts