Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend who was an ENFP and she had talking down to an art form. She would give the backstory, explain why backstory was important, mention people important in backstory who are relevant to her "point", move on to give support for her point and sum up with a thread that tied all those stories together that made you go "OH, I GET it now."

Hi I'm an INTJ and I love to try to follow your (ENFP) train of thought but do all types let you finish your point?

·
Registered
526 Posts
not even close. I have a lot of friends who just get frustrated with my ramblings. In fact, my INTJ roommate is one of the ONLY ones who doesn't say, "Get to the Point already!!":dry:

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Er... Both of my ISTP friends let me finish.. The ENTJ, too, although I never know if he's actually paying attention. Hm... I haven't thought of it this way. Gotta start taking notes! :p

·
Registered
815 Posts
My INFPs friend always let me finish.

My ESFP friend always lets me finish, but I have a sneaking suspicion she isn't always 100% with the conversation.

My mom (INFJ) does not let me finish usually.

My one friend is an unconfirmed ESTP probably couldn't let me finish talking if my life depended on it.

My one INTJ friend always lets me finish, but then he does kinda switch the topic to him.

My ISTP friend always lets me finish but them makes a joke.

My INTP friends (both male) get me even further off track. When I start going on a tangent, he comes right along with me and asks so many questions that in the end, we both have no idea where we are or how we got there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My ISFJ friend always lets me finish, and often joins onto my thought process (its taken her a while to get it but she learnt), but apart from that most people get bored...or just tune out entirely!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just wanted to add that my teacher tonight would not let me get a word in edgewise as we were talking after class. There is a good possibility he is an ENFX.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My ENTP roommate willl stop me to correct something I said or criticize me on something. Sometimes when she doesn't, I have a feeling (actually know) she's not listening.

Her ISTP/INTP brother interrupts to say something funny or comment on something I said, but it's nothing bad. Just silly commentary.

INFJ friend and I basically take turns talking, haha. But, yeah she lets me finish.

My IxFP (isfpish who fits more into nf than sp but eh, we'll say x ) friend does let me finish, but sometimes it seems he's not interested in what I'm saying. He probably is, but eh.

My INFP always lets me finish. I don't know how he stands it haha He's the best listener.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts