Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My INTJ bff wants an ENTJ man; or alternatively another INTJ.

Reactions: rarrr

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like IxFJ's myself. Extroversion either makes me jealous or taxes my nerves, Feelers are just so cute, and they sure as hell better be able to make a decision (I've been down that road before, and I'd rather not revisit it. It's just too frustrating).

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,530 Posts
As stated in the title, what kind of men do INTJ women have a good relationship with?
Can't say as to whether the relationship would actually be good or not, but I like xNxP men in general.

All the guys I've really fallen for are INTPs. Somehow they just "get" me, whereas everyone else is left standing around scratching their heads. :sad:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Top wish INTJ or ENTJ. Also good other NTs; not sure about the rest, though I doubt I'd ever risk it with another Feeler again. :confused:

Reactions: PyrLove

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
1. Someone who is intelligent, thinks critically, has thought about ideas by themselves, thinks rationally, is cogent in matters he speaks of.
2. Inner and outer beauty.
3. Someone who is very open to the world at large and is into exploring different aspects of what life has to offer.
4. Someone who desires and demands open communication and honesty, as well as a sense of vulnerability that can be shared among a partner(s).
5. Someone who is consistent in the tasks they do and the things they say, so there is little room for doubt in that person.
6. Someone I can trust fully and openly.
7. Someone who has a great sense of humor and it matches my humor.
8. Someone who knows when to be serious.
9. Someone who is not religious, agnostic atheist please.
10. Someone who practices good hygiene, grooms well.
11. Someone who has their selves together, their life together, knows who they are (sense of self), is VERY comfortable in their own skin, knows what they want, so that I don't have to figure that out for you, otherwise red flag, we have problems and I am not your babysitter.
12. Someone I don't have to babysit, is independent and can hold their own.
13. Someone who is financially responsible.
14. Someone who has a clear air of maturity to them.
15. Someone who has a job, but more importantly a consistent stable history of said job.
16. Someone where I don't have to wear the pants and the skirt in a relationship, yes, I can do it, but it's nice if a relationship is more equal, shared tasks for example or doing something together gets things done quicker anyways.
17. Someone who understands me really well, gels with me, is on the same page as me.
18. Someone who is relaxed, easy going, easy to talk to and chill.
19. Someone who is emotionally intelligent.
20. Someone who does not have mental disorders and is healthy mentally as well as physically.
21. Someone who is not fat, overweight and takes care of their body, since I believe it is a reflection of what you are about and who you are.
22. Someone who would like to explore world travel.
23. Someone who is easy to relate to.
24. Someone who makes me think, challenges me, stretches my brain and makes me think of different perspective.
25. Someone who is not afraid to read books and discuss said books if we share them in common.
26. Someone who has their own hobbies and interests besides me.
27. Someone who is grounded, level headed and can take care of things when shit hits the fan.
28. Someone who knows that a relationship is always evolving and changing, to the point that each participant involved must check in with each other from time to time (once a week), to make sure that they are on the same page.
29. Someone who is loyal, but not a yes man.
30. Someone who DOES NOT complete me, but compliments who I already am.
31. Someone who is open to music of all kinds of genres and is deeply involved in music, whether it be listening or making, as much as I am, since a lot of my emotions are tied with it.
32. Someone who is bar none different and stands out from the rest of the crowd, not in an attention whore/narcissistic kind of way (huge fucking turn off), but in a very unique, not your average run of the mill way.
33. Someone who does not try to censor me, if I want to cuss, motherfucker I will cuss.
34. Someone who knows how to understand a free spirit and does not try to box me in and control me.
35. Someone who is not demanding or expects things, but instead agrees that relationships should just flow to see where ever it may lead (this can be done right, if there is open communication).
36. Someone I can have some fucking fun with!
37. Someone who understands that I need a lot of space and is not threatened by that. Even better, the person is so cool, I don't even really need much space from him because it just works.

This is the end of the list, I could add more, but this hits the nail on the head and yes, I refuse to list "types" from the MBTI, for obvious reasons.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Antiant, I could make you a very happy woman....

Imagine the house we'd live in! Covered in Etsy shit everywhere :happy:

Reactions: witlash

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Jesus christ do you bring that list with you to dates also
This isn't a list for dating, plus I don't date, this was a question that I answered, that is all, no more or less. Try reading the thread title again, it may do you some good.

Antiant, I could make you a very happy woman....

Imagine the house we'd live in! Covered in Etsy shit everywhere :happy:
Haha, imagine the insanity, it would look something like the movie Beetlejuice.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just passed my ten year anniversary with my husband, so we must be doing something right...

He's an ENTP, or at least that's what he tests as. Mentally, he keeps up with me (both with problem solving and with obscure references). We share a very large number of interests, and the ones we don't share we at least find sufficiently interesting so as to not get bored. I trust him so much that I can relax enough to let him be in charge, since most of the time I fully suffer from the "Stop that, I can do it better" problem. He has a quirky and dry sense of humor, not so far from my own. He's willing to take my logical leaps in stride.

Things that bug me:
He shouts when we get into a disagreement.
Can never be on time.
... this one takes some explanation. He recently decided to go back to school (law) and is only home on the weekends. And I'd swear that the house gets messier when he's home.

Is he what I was looking for? I don't know, but he's what I have and I'm happy.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
I tend to think that going for specific types could be a little tiresome too. I would actually be very skeptical of getting into a relationship with an NFP since I have had so many issues in the past. To ignore those issues would be an act of stupidity.

Ideally I would be matched to an ENTJ or an INTJ but the problems I have had in the past is that I think of them more like brothers.

INFJ men seem to be attracted to me and I have to admit there is a mutual thing happening there but ultimately I don't like having to deal with unrealistic expectations.

I have never been out with an ENTP to my knowledge.

The only ESTP I have been out with had APD.

STJs? I am not a traditional type person and I would think that my peculiarities might not be too admired but I would probably give it a try if there was attraction.

I would prefer to be in a relationship where I didn't have to take the male role. It's boring taking responsibilities for being a woman and a man in a relationship. It brings the whole idea of being single back to being one of freedom and mirth for sure.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I tend to be naturally attracted to other INTJs and some not so extroverted ENTJs.

Things I find attractive in a man:
- Introversion, I do not wish to spend all my time with another. A common need for space is desirable.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- General Intelligence, the more intelligent I perceive somebody to be the more attracted I am to them.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Good use of money. Not too frugal, not too extravagant. Good at saving.
- Well developed Ni and Fi.
- Open minded to my many quirks.
- Willing to let me: read their palms, do their natal charts, read their tarot etc etc
- Bonus points if they want to learn the above...
- Patient, steady, calm.
- Dominant.
- Sexually adventurous.
- Career/Goal Orientated.
- Paternal qualities.
- Protective.
- Generous with time and money.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to travel / explore with me.
- Humanitarian.
- Will put me in my place if necessary.
- Must. Like. Cats.
- Loyal... this is a biggy.
- Well read, well spoken.
- A generous teacher... willing to share knowledge.
- Rational.
- Focused.
- Isn't a hoarder!
- Trolls :unsure:

.... I will admit that I am attracted to men who have autistic traits as well.... I know I am a little bit strange like that:unsure:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
1. Someone who is intelligent, thinks critically, has thought about ideas by themselves, thinks rationally, is cogent in matters he speaks of.
2. Inner and outer beauty.
3. Someone who is very open to the world at large and is into exploring different aspects of what life has to offer.
4. Someone who desires and demands open communication and honesty, as well as a sense of vulnerability that can be shared among a partner(s).
5. Someone who is consistent in the tasks they do and the things they say, so there is little room for doubt in that person.
6. Someone I can trust fully and openly.
7. Someone who has a great sense of humor and it matches my humor.

36. Someone I can have some fucking fun with!
37. Someone who understands that I need a lot of space and is not threatened by that. Even better, the person is so cool, I don't even really need much space from him because it just works.

This is the end of the list, I could add more, but this hits the nail on the head and yes, I refuse to list "types" from the MBTI, for obvious reasons.
You have to admire and respect a woman who knows what she wants and won't settle for anything less.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,530 Posts
I was originally thinking MBTI type...outside of that, assuming the man is available and interested in me, all I require is someone whose religious beliefs are similar to my own, that he keep me mentally stimulated (no, I'm not talking telekinesis, you perverts!), and that I can feel safe when I'm 100% me around him. :sad: MBTI type really doesn't matter to me so long as he has those traits.

As for preferences, I love intelligence (being smart) and especially intellectualism (enjoyment of using the mind), as well as playfulness, a sense of humor,and a child-like sense of wonder at the world.

Physical appearance isn't a big deal to me as long as a guy isn't flat out ugly (although my taste in men is all over the place, so there have been many men I've found attractive that most would find ugly), but some things I like are slender/skinny/svelte/thin/scrawny/spindly-limbed/bony/whatever men (particularly when they have side shoulders and a narrow waist to accentuate the thin-ness) with boyish and/or pretty or even almost-androgynous features - think Cillian Murphy or Matthew Gray Gubler. And long hair. And gorgeous eyes...I could just lose myself in dark, beautiful eyes.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
- Highly cerebral/intelligence
- Career orientated/ambitious
- Dominant/Alpha-male
- Will let me have my freedom
- Is devoted to the relationship
- Is worthy of my trust
- Rational thinker
- Can take care of himself
- Accepts my bad and good
- Can be intimate with me
- Passionate about life
- Will love me for all that I am
- Is patient with me
- Great listener
- Will nurture me when I am ill
- Great sense of humor
- Challenges me to be better
- Still loves me when I fall
- Open to new perspectives
- Can accept that sometimes things are not just black and white
- Emotional Intelligence and isn't afraid of feeling their emotions
- Reliable, stable, and loyal
- Honesty/Openness/Can discuss our issues maturely
- Is opened to new experiences in our sex life
- Is confident in who he is and not easily jealous or possessive
- Is consistent in his behavior
- Can be sensitive to my needs, wants, and feelings

But most importantly, he makes me feel better and happier when I am around him

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
But most importantly, he make me feel better and happier when I am around him
Sounds like you just described a Capricorn INTJ male.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
.... I will admit that I am attracted to men who have autistic traits as well.... I know I am a little bit strange like that:unsure:
I briefly dated a man with Asperger's. There were some challenging moments - like the time he thought it would be funny to push me into oncoming traffic in DC - but he's a kind and interesting person.

I'm a member of a small fitness forum where several of the members have Asperger's. The conversations are always intriguing...I can see why you are attracted to them.

Reactions: Hemoglobin

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Maybe I'm getting old, but a kind, decent person with a reasonable amount of competence in the important areas of life with a reasonable level of compatibility. Doesn't mind plastic dinosaurs in the kitchen.

oh, and doesn't think reading (or writing) books is freakish behavior.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts