Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was wondering what type of movies best reflect the sense of humor of an ENTP.

Austin Powers, perhaps? I know Mike Myers definitely as some ENXP going on..

How about the Jackass movies? Personally, get an ESTP vibe from Johnny Knoxville though.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
733 Posts
NOT Jackass. I personally would never associate myself with the type of guys in that movie. Who pulls their teeth out with a car and thinks it's funny?!

I would definitely go for Austin Powers. The comedy in that is the "weird" entp kind of random.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: I haven't seen the entire movie but from the clips I've seen, it looks like it's entirely made of entp humor.

Space Balls: It makes Star Wars funny!

Borat: He may not be ENTP, but I feel like giving him the title of ultimate ENTP.

There are plenty of other movies that I love but I don't see the entp mentality in them. Office Space and The Hangover are two of them. Hilarious, kinda been in a similar situation, buy not exactly the way my humor manifests itself.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOT Jackass. I personally would never associate myself with the type of guys in that movie. Who pulls their teeth out with a car and thinks it's funny?!

I would definitely go for Austin Powers. The comedy in that is the "weird" entp kind of random.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: I haven't seen the entire movie but from the clips I've seen, it looks like it's entirely made of entp humor.

Space Balls: It makes Star Wars funny!

Borat: He may not be ENTP, but I feel like giving him the title of ultimate ENTP.

There are plenty of other movies that I love but I don't see the entp mentality in them. Office Space and The Hangover are two of them. Hilarious, kinda been in a similar situation, buy not exactly the way my humor manifests itself.
Ok, you just confirmed my thoughts. :laughing:

I went to see Jackass 3D the other day and as I was watching and thinking to myself "wow, this is dumb"... I started wondering what MBTI type does this stuff. From observing Johnny Knoxville in how he acts and his mannerisms, it just gives me an ESTP vide.
Mike Myers and his movies has always seemed so ENTP to me... they're absurd and crazy, yet clever.

The Hangover is funnier when its 3 AM and you're hammered. :crazy:

Reactions: xrevolutionx

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
American Psycho ... Inglourious Basterds ... Dr. Strangelove ... Little Miss Sunshine (I guess) ... Army of Darkness ... any Monty Python. Those perhaps reflect my own humour style. But I'll laugh really hard at other kinds of humour, e.g. Monty Python is a stretch because I don't use that kind of humour to its best whatsoever.

Austin Powers, perhaps? I know Mike Myers definitely as some ENXP going on..
No.

How about the Jackass movies? Personally, get an ESTP vibe from Johnny Knoxville though.
No.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I'm not big on nerd humor like monty python.

My favorite comedy is half baked.

I watched jackass in the theater with my brother(ISTP) and both laughed ourselves to tears.

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The comedy in the losers fits me pretty well, the hangover was good, with out a paddle is a favorite, along with harold and kumar 1 and 2. Xkcd is awesome. monty python and can get absurd and stupid to me. I hate silly stupid comedy, but random wtf comedy is excellent; complex and dark is nice as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The comedy in the losers fits me pretty well, the hangover was good, with out a paddle is a favorite, along with harold and kumar 1 and 2. Xkcd is awesome. monty python and can get absurd and stupid to me. I hate silly stupid comedy, but random wtf comedy is excellent; complex and dark is nice as well.
Agreed, random comedy is one of the few kinds to get me to laugh out loud. Also, nice to see someone else found The Losers funny.
YouTube - elevator scene - the losers

EDIT: Actually, to expand on your statement, my favorite kind of humor is the dark and twisted kind, but with that childlike joy and playfulness about it. Cyanide & Happiness and Fight Club are excellent examples of this.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, NoxiousRogue, Fight Club is a /god's/ work. "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" "What is this? This....is chemical burn". I loved Fight Club. Can almost recite the script. Tyler Durden? Maybe not ENTP, but definitely worth looking up to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, NoxiousRogue, Fight Club is a /god's/ work. "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" "What is this? This....is chemical burn". I loved Fight Club. Can almost recite the script. Tyler Durden? Maybe not ENTP, but definitely worth looking up to.
Not ENTP? I thought he was, at the very least ESTP, or maybe even just a well balanced S/N. (reminds me of Ferris Bueller in a way) But at least ExTP?

·
Banned
19 Posts
Not ENTP? I thought he was, at the very least ESTP, or maybe even just a well balanced S/N. (reminds me of Ferris Bueller in a way) But at least ExTP?
Nah....Durden couldn't have been ENTP...everything he thought up, he DID. No putting it off or losing interest. He followed through on everything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nah....Durden couldn't have been ENTP...everything he thought up, he DID. No putting it off or losing interest. He followed through on everything.
True, I suppose. Personally, I would act that way (do whatever I want, act on impulse) if I wasn't stuck with the consequences. (which he isn't, being imaginary) Still, he just comes off as an ExTP with no impulse control or fear of consequences to me. What would you type him as?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Dr. Strangelove; Laurel and Hardy.

There aren't many movies that do it for me. A lot of comedies seem cheap to me: just a bunch of shouting and innuendo.

Not Another Teen Movie was surprisingly good I thought... Umm.. Yeah, for me I like to understand the characters' personalities before I can fully grasp the humor behind what's happening. Like another person said, 90 minutes isn't enough time.

477 Posts
And how does that prevent him from being an ENTP? J types have a preference for completion, but that doesn't mean that there can't be a lazy J or an active P. Among all the people who have ever achieved anything in their lives, a great deal of them should be Perceivers, simply based on statistics (even if the majority of "doers" are Judgers). And ENTP makes the most sense for him... he's definitely an ExTx, and he clearly uses Ne, Ti, and even Fe (a small amount at least) throughout the film. It's hard to picture him as an ENTJ, and he's definitely not ESTJ. ESTP could work because he has well-developed Se, but his entire world view is based on Ne. So I think he's ENTP, and in the least, ExTP.

·
Registered
479 Posts
How about the Brady Bunch movies? I don't know why, they were my immediate thought.

Also: The Addams Family and Addams Family Values, Office Space, Zoolander... Airplane... Chicken Run...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Funny stuff:
- Borat
- Zoolander
-The invention of lying
- Due date
- Hangover
- Black Adder
- Saturday night live