Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a friend of mine asked a typical question which was 'are you doing anything interesting in the holidays?' to which I replied 'no not really, just attending a christening'. She then replied 'that's not true, a christening is interesting!'

So this conversations got me thinking, I'm interested to know what things people find interesting or type of things bore you to death.

For me, I find things like christenings and dinner/house parties quite mundane. I'm more likely to come alive at a gig, trip to new cities/countries, theme park - those kinda of things.

What bout you guys?

*apologies for poor grammar - proof reading is the bane of my life right now :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Things I find interesting:

- Music, art, photography, politics, sociology, sports, marketing, advertising, consumer behaviour.
- Going to plays and the movie theatre [Plays more than movies], dance clubs, nature walks, sight-seeing, window shopping.
- Introspection about various global issues
- Intimate phone conversations and chats
- Get togethers where I can be intimate with a close friend or colleague
- Sharing of thoughts and ideas about new things I'm learning or interested in
- Posting and socializing on this forum

Things that don't interest me:

- Parties that involve a lot of drinking
- Wedding Receptions [I hate wedding receptions]
- Physics, chemistry, maths, accounting [boring]
- Country music and most of modern "pop".
- Concerts and huge crowds
- Mainstream Popular Culture. [at the moment I'm debating whether I want to get caught up in the Hunger Games fever or not just 'cuz everyone else is].
- Going to tourist attractions that everyone else is going to. Basically, I don't like jumping on a bandwagon. I don't like most things mainstream. I'm into finding alternates and substitutes so that I have a "different" story to tell - so that I can stand out. Example. In Pakistan, it's usually taken for granted that honeymooners will go to places like Thailand, Malaysia and Dubai --- I went to Sri Lanka and made sure I visited the Tsunami hit areas.

·
Registered
594 Posts
How can I put it... EVERYTHING can be interesting, it depends on the way you look at it.

I find going to book stores awfully boring... but then I decided to just start looking around with a different eye - find things to tell other people about.

"$200 for a "Dark Side Of The Moon" collector's edition? Who buys that stuff?" Is an example.

A christening... you might get to talk to some people... you'll get to go see something that is not really THAT common. You learn something new everyday - and THAT, in my opinion, is interesting.

Just go with an open eye and a GOOD MOOD. NOTHING is interesting when you're in a bad mood, whilst everything can be interesting if you are in a good one ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A christening... you might get to talk to some people... you'll get to go see something that is not really THAT common. You learn something new everyday - and THAT, in my opinion, is interesting.
Based on that theory, I would agree with you. However I taking into account previous experiences and my knowledge of the type of people attending, I'm more or less certain I will be bored. (However I have my own little way of entertaining myself at these type of events :proud:)

How can I put it... EVERYTHING can be interesting, it depends on the way you look at it.
I would LOVE to agree with you but I'm sorry NOTHING will make the below interesting to me...

- Physics, chemistry, maths, accounting

I agree with Jaws here. These subjects are just not my cup of tea.

At the end of the day it's about personal interests. It's often when I'm in a good mood the things I have mentioned but me in a bad mood.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
What interests me:

God
Family
Fiji (I do mission work there, I love the people there).
Staying fit (running)
Music (but not country/metal/rap)
Quality time
Weddings that are done right (ie have dinner and dance, great music to dance to, interesting fun people to interact with)
Parties with similar qualities to above.
Rock concerts (foo fighters is at the top)
Coffee with either a friend or a good book.
Reading crime thrillers
Keeping up with friends on FB because life is too busy sometimes to see them face to face.
Cooking an A grade meal for two and talking/ laughing for an hour or two with my husband.
Staying at the beach house
Walking on a beach
Bike ride with my kids
Ballet
Opera
Trying to understand people who are vastly different from me, usually IxTx.
Painting, when I have time
Watching Fringe and Dexter
Shopping! (or retail therapy as I like to call it)
Going to a movie, I love movies and often go alone on my day off so I can see what I want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I feel I can find some level of interest in most things. I can find pretty much anything interesting with the right people. So i guess in answer to your question: I find people interesting.
Things I dont find interesting are: going out drinking (probably as I don t like the people!)

In comparision to the maths solving, I like solving maths because although I cant solve life I know I can solve the maths !

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts