Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Age 25-30

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

flickr. com/photos/[email protected]/17256178635/in/explore-2015-04-24

What strikes me most is the reflection of the water. It is smooth, quite still and there are many horizontal lines. Everything that is present elsewhere, the lights, the pink trees and the sky is reflected beautifully on the water surface.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I am of course pretty stressed initially, because I was looking forward to the coming moment. My first thoughts will probably be: "Are we fucked?" "If we are fucked, is there a possible way for us to get out of this situation?" "If we were to hitchhike, would we have to separate members of the group?" "How much time do we have before we have no chance of enjoying any part of this concert?"

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It depends on my mood and what I have planned for the next day. If I have something planned, I will tell them this but might willing to compromise. It can turn out to be a wonderful time.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I will usually tell the person my beliefs on the subject. I trust that person not to judge me because of that.
I might say "I don't agree with that" and try to explain why.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

We are no longer in the car?
If something like that happens I want to speak out against it or do something about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Hmm, one value that I hold is that people whose labor is being replaced by automation, should not be doomed to a life of unemployment and low social status. The current system will have to change in order to help these people, when automation becomes more apparent.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)
  • I am more aware of my ideas than of my surroundings. (it does not distinguish me from everyone else but from some people).
  • If I see something that is inefficient and that is bothering people, I like to improve it and make it more effective.
  • I dive quite deep into an interest for a while (like a month, this month Myers Briggs) and learn everything I can about it.
  • If I look back I can see how I have grown as a person through different experiences. That is why I welcome any experience, it is always an opportunity to grow.
  • I like to talk about what I find interesting and don't care much for "small talk". I like to talk more about ideas.

b) I want to be less pretentious (this is my life goal). I want to be more accepting of changes in the moment and care less of what people think of me.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

If I am taking a test and I don't know the answer. I might get an hunch of what it can be. It can turn out either way, but I am quite good at making qualitative guesses based on little information. I am good at eliminating possibilities.

Other than that I am not really sure.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I like physical activity, I always feel good afterwards.
I get drained after a full week of work, because I need rest.
I get both energized and drained when going to a party. Usually I will have the opinion that I shouldn't come, but when I change my mind I usually have a great time.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When I am really focused on something (some task), I might not respond when someone is talking to me. It can be annoying to them they say. So I might repress that and try to be more in the moment.

When I am comfortable with some people I don't repress anything and I am quite open. In the beginning however I am quite cautious.

So I have some ideas of what functions I might have and what type I might be. What I am most unsure about is Se/Si and Ni/Ne, I find it to be quite complex. So if you have anything to tell me about this it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Age 25-30

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

flickr. com/photos/[email protected]/17256178635/in/explore-2015-04-24

What strikes me most is the reflection of the water. It is smooth, quite still and there are many horizontal lines. Everything that is present elsewhere, the lights, the pink trees and the sky is reflected beautifully on the water surface.

This sounds Se, getting the sensations of the scenery by observing the details, more so than getting sensations by saying something like "this reminds me of a time in my life.... etc, like reflecting on how it makes you remember something else which would be Si.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I am of course pretty stressed initially, because I was looking forward to the coming moment. My first thoughts will probably be: "Are we fucked?" "If we are fucked, is there a possible way for us to get out of this situation?" "If we were to hitchhike, would we have to separate members of the group?" "How much time do we have before we have no chance of enjoying any part of this concert?"

This sounds like Ni. A Ne user would say more like what are ALL of the possible ways we could do? Ni is focused and strategic.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It depends on my mood and what I have planned for the next day. If I have something planned, I will tell them this but might willing to compromise. It can turn out to be a wonderful time.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I will usually tell the person my beliefs on the subject. I trust that person not to judge me because of that.
I might say "I don't agree with that" and try to explain why.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

We are no longer in the car?
If something like that happens I want to speak out against it or do something about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Hmm, one value that I hold is that people whose labor is being replaced by automation, should not be doomed to a life of unemployment and low social status. The current system will have to change in order to help these people, when automation becomes more apparent.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)
  • I am more aware of my ideas than of my surroundings. (it does not distinguish me from everyone else but from some people).
  • If I see something that is inefficient and that is bothering people, I like to improve it and make it more effective.
  • I dive quite deep into an interest for a while (like a month, this month Myers Briggs) and learn everything I can about it.
  • If I look back I can see how I have grown as a person through different experiences. That is why I welcome any experience, it is always an opportunity to grow.
  • I like to talk about what I find interesting and don't care much for "small talk". I like to talk more about ideas.

b) I want to be less pretentious (this is my life goal). I want to be more accepting of changes in the moment and care less of what people think of me.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

If I am taking a test and I don't know the answer. I might get an hunch of what it can be. It can turn out either way, but I am quite good at making qualitative guesses based on little information. I am good at eliminating possibilities.

This sounds like Ni, good at eliminating possibilities, whereas Ne has so much unending possibilities that Ne has a hard time trying to decide which one to go with

Other than that I am not really sure.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I like physical activity, I always feel good afterwards.
I get drained after a full week of work, because I need rest.
I get both energized and drained when going to a party. Usually I will have the opinion that I shouldn't come, but when I change my mind I usually have a great time.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When I am really focused on something (some task), I might not respond when someone is talking to me. It can be annoying to them they say. So I might repress that and try to be more in the moment.

Again sounds like Ni here. Ne is more able to multi-focus than just being focused on one thing. I'm an INFP, Ne is aux in my stack, my daughter is an ISTP and Ni is ter in hers, i can really piss her off sometimes when she's focused on doing or watching something by interrupting her about something else, whereas me with Ne i don't mind interruptions most of the times. Sometimes yes, but most times no, not a problem to me. Like if she's on a phone call and i'm trying to hand signal her for a yes or no answer to something that's come up at the moment she can't handle that kind of interruption. Whereas to me it's so easy to nod yes or no or say some short burst answer and not feel affected in what i'm doing.

When I am comfortable with some people I don't repress anything and I am quite open. In the beginning however I am quite cautious.

Again Ni, Ne users are more able to bounce around in conversation with strangers, not sure of inferior Ne users though, they may not as much be able to as it's their inferior function.

So I have some ideas of what functions I might have and what type I might be. What I am most unsure about is Se/Si and Ni/Ne, I find it to be quite complex. So if you have anything to tell me about this it will be greatly appreciated.
So, you seem definitely a Ni/Se user.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.