Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
INTP. It's the only one I ever get mistyped as. And as much as I'd love to be able to say that I'm INTP, I'm too feels-oriented. :frustrating:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I misstyped myself as an INFJ first, but upon more research I am pretty sure I am an INFP.
Is there such a thing as being in between? In my latest test I only had 10% more preference on Perceiving.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
For a while I thought I was an ISFP, but I got typed by a professional who explained to me why I didn't use Se at all.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, INTP for sure... I was first a INFJ the first time i even took the mbti test in highschool for a psych course. I find my personality fits more in the INFP... it's the part of me that's really mellow that I find I can relate to about being infp

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Once typed myself as INTP during high school. Although, I'm still unsure if it was a 'mistype' at the time. I'm starting to think that perhaps MBTI can fluctuate, and probably really is the case. I mean, why then some people make the effort to point out that you, yourself, make sure you're not in a depressive state of mind at the time? Perhaps certain experiences, circumstances, people you surround yourself with, etc influence whatever cognitive function gets exercised while others fall off the deep end.

So back to this INTP business, at the time, I was involved in the school's debate team. I had to constantly analyze different sides and research thoroughly; quite a lot of focus I had to hone in on top of school work. Not only that, but I found myself to be really fond of math for some reason.

Once my senior year hit me, school overall felt very draining for the first time. It's probably due to me picking all the hard classes, especially AP Calc. I started to hate math and my focus seem to have went adrift. I managed, got a pretty nice GPA, but now, I picture school as a part of my life where liking school was a phase. Originally, I asked my parents to go to school for my 5th grade year because watching PBS Kids, and viewing cartoons like Arthur, made me really anxious to the public school experience. With anything so far in life, mostly everything where I thought, "There's no way I'll get tired of this!" eventually turned out to be untrue in respect to various interests/hobbies I ventured into. In the arc of my "school interest", I was an INTP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ENTP: most commonly, however; when I compare myself to others, and step outside my subjective reality, I see my blatant dislike for ignorance and that compelling urge to expose my truths haha it makes me appear "devils advocate" to my close ones. I'm not as logical as I come across in my own little world

ENFP: When I was abusing caffeine regularly to keep up with the university load and my poor attempts at managing a rampant social life, many extroverted traits became prominent. I still have the urge to call myself an XNFP

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I first found MBTI I was typed as INFJ. I then looked at differences between INFJs and INFPs, and then taking cognitive function tests I got INFP twice and ENFP once, I have been typed as INFJ, INFP and ISFP on MBTI. I feel like i'm am mostly INFP because it describes me well. :p

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ENFP because my Te is more developed than my Si.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
The first tests I took indicated I was INTP. I was a withdrawn teeager then and this particiular test and set of descriptions were poorly written. I didnt technically mistype, as I never identified with this result.
In college, I took some better tests, and they started indicating INFP or INFJ. I read better descriptions and found these two types resonated much better with me. I leaned towards being a "P type" and finally set out to investigate what these letters really stood for. When I read Van Der Hoop's and Jung's 8 type descriptions, then I readily identified with the Fi type and Ne as the extroverted auxiliary complement.

So I only ever identified as INFP, but the tests have indicated otherwise at times, and I still test as INTP about half the time. Occassionally I test as INFJ too.

It's important to remember that the test results are only indicators of what your type likely is based on the way you answeredthe questions in that moment. The answers you give or a poorly written/understood test can lead to the results indicating the wrong type, which doesnt mean you changed types nor that you've mistyped before. The indicator is just a starting point, hence the need to verify type through reading and self-examination.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was typed by both MBTI and my friend (INFJ) as an ISFP for about a year now. But after me researching it through, I realized that I don't use Se and I use Ne instead. I still have doubts, although INFP fits me more than ISFP did. Maybe at that time ISFP did apply to me unlike now. I'm sure I am an INFP now though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts