Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type do you believe Freud was? Jung said he was definitely an extrovert. I'm going to say he was an ENTP, however Freud was very stubborn and would not change his theories. So could he have been an ENTJ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
intp would be my guess

·
Registered
202 Posts
If Freud was "definitely an Extrovert," then I'd say he'd have to be an ENTJ. The J because despite what anyone said of this theories, he was stubborn and obstinate and would NOT change his mind, no matter what. A P would think, "Well... I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong."

I was going to say INTJ when I saw the title, but now that I think about it, I remember reading that he was very into social circles and was also into being the top dog at everything. If someone didn't agree with him... BAM! out of the circle. That's ENTJ behavior right there.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Freud was "definitely an Extrovert," then I'd say he'd have to be an ENTJ. The J because despite what anyone said of this theories, he was stubborn and obstinate and would NOT change his mind, no matter what. A P would think, "Well... I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong."

I was going to say INTJ when I saw the title, but now that I think about it, I remember reading that he was very into social circles and was also into being the top dog at everything. If someone didn't agree with him... BAM! out of the circle. That's ENTJ behavior right there.
Yeah and he also loved cocaine. So that's more of an E thing really.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Yeah I would say ENTJ. After Jung and him had their disagreement he created a commity so that other people couldn't go against his theories or something like that (not exactly sure). To me thats seems very ExTJ-like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would personally also say he was an ENTJ. From what I know, he was very ambitious and wanted to create a historical scar in society. I haven't really read much about him, but from the stuff my brother and other people have mentioned, I would go with ENTJ.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Whichever type is most inclined towards projection and an Oedipus complex.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd have always thought INTP or INTJ. But if Jung himself thought he was definitely an extravert and he was the founder of this typology best to take his opinion I assume. He seems awfully obsessed with theory and possibilities which seem like the inner ramblings of Extraverted Intuition.

But then again he was a stubborn prick who thought he was always right and dismissed any contrary opion. So might have been an ENTJ.

I don't think he was an NF and I highly highly doubt he was an SP or SJ.

·
Registered
360 Posts
May be ENTJish ENTP?? 8 ENTPs act as ENTJs and ambitious and it is an Ne thing to stick with theories and possibilities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts