Personality Cafe banner

What do you think is my core enneagram type?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum and my first post was very long. I mean, who has time? So, I thought I would describe a strong pattern to get your opinion on core type.

I flipped open my Oprah magazine this month to a page with Oprah interviewing an author about her memoir Wild. It's about her journey on the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). I felt an immediate lurch in my stomach. My husband and I talked about walking the PCT about 10 years ago and still hope to do it. I'm also writing a memoir. My reaction was, "I'm too late. She's already been picked for the book club. No one will want to read another book on the PCT if I ever do the trail and decide to write about it."

This happens in similar situations. Seeing someone in a business magazine touted for growing her business to $500M in 5 years, someone moving to town who does the same work, someone being recommended for something I'd vaguely like to do but haven't put any work toward, etc. There's a sense that there will be no place for me - they're already the first in their field, they are the ones people know about, they're really good at this, etc. Sometimes I avoid purchasing a product/book from someone who is very successful - it's like, "I'm not going to participate in their getting richer and more known." Petty, I know, but honest.

After reading the Oprah article I was moved by the woman's story and am reluctantly (!) happy for her. But I do feel jealous. I wouldn't want to take it away from her. It's more like, "What about me? Will I ever have anything like that?"

What is your take on core type given this? Thanks for your feedback and thoughts!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts