Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
are ESFJ´s the most attracted to such organizations?
I think Fe types are probably the most likely to organize or run such organizations but I'm not sure they're the only type attracted to them. A lot of the traditional mainline Christian churches (Protestant and Catholic) in the United States are very SJ. This is certainly true for the 'Religious Right' which is very EFJ - Jerry Fallwell was probably an ENFJ. The American Bible Belt is traditionally culturally xSTJ (this probably has more to do with the strongly ESTJ culture of the South than anything else.).

But you will find a lot of intuitives interested in spirituality and religion as well. I think mega-preacher Joel Osteen is an INFJ (maybe INFP) as are a lot of Catholic priests. Many religious scholars and seminarians are INTP.

I think the most under-represented group in religious circles might be ESPs who seem to not gravitate towards that which they can't see or can't be proven empirically until they learn to better integrate their intuition. Dominant Intuitives (Ne/Ni) might be spiritual or gravitate toward the mysterious, but not necessarily be so beholden to the traditional or rigid structural expressions of faith, or at very least might be the most willing to entertain multiple perspectives. On the flip side, I would not expect Si-dominants to be all that eager to try different faiths or different worship styles, opting for what they grew up with or what is normal (probably not many Si snake dancers).

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
INFJ, INFP, and ISFP, and probably ISFJ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts